Sugimura International Patent and Trademark Attorneys
|Sugimura International Patent and Trademark Attorneys|
|No. of offices||2 (Tokyo and Palo Alto)|
|No. of attorneys||50|
|No. of employees||about 120|
|Major practice areas||Intellectual Property|
Sugimura International Patent and Trademark Attorneys (杉村萬国特許事務所 Sugimura Bankoku Tokkyo Jimusho?) is an intellectual property law firm based in Japan. The firm has an international presence, representing clients from around the world. The firm represents more than 200 clients ranging from single inventors and start-ups to academic institutions and international corporations. Approximately half of Sugimura's client base consists of Japanese businesses and organisations, while the other half is foreign counterparts. It has a global legal network in over 40 countries.
Sugimura was founded in 1923 by patent attorney and engineer Nobuchika Sugimura. The firm specializes in providing quality legal services in the acquisition, protection and consultation of Japanese IP rights, and is repeatedly ranked among the top Japanese patent and trademark firms. The company has offices in Japan and the United States, as well as professional relationships with associate law firms located in more than 80 countries. Today, Kenji Sugimura is President of the firm. He is a Japanese patent attorney and litigator who specializes in mechanics and architectural engineering.
Sugimura is repeatedly ranked among top Japanese patent and trademark law firms.
The firm is also featured in Legal 100 of Acquisition International magazine.
- Hidetsugu Yagi, Inventor of Yagi-Uda antenna
- Irène Joliot-Curie, Atomic Energy Generation Device Case
- Valentino Garavani, Rudolph Valentino Case
||This section's use of external links may not follow Wikipedia's policies or guidelines. (January 2014)|
- Kenji Sugimura, "Japan’s New Patent Rules". Managing Intellectual Property. February 2010.
- Kenji Sugimura, Takahiro Yamazaki, "Effective Ways to Obtain Japanese Patents". World Intellectual Property Review. September 2011.
- Kenji Sugimura, Rebecca Chen, "An Important Market: Software Patenting in Japan". World Intellectual Property Review. September 2012.
- Rebecca Chen, "Intellectual Property: the Importance of Protecting Intangible Assets". Acquisition International: 55. February 2013.
- Kenji Sugimura, Rebecca Chen, "iPS Cell Technology Spurs Biological Patenting in Japan". World Intellectual Property Review: 66–68. 2013.
- Tetsuo Tsukanaka, Inventive Step of Invention. JPO, JIII. 2011.
- Tetsuo Tsukanaka, Patents for Pharmaceuticals. JPO, JIII. 2011.
- "Patent Firm Supports Japanese Manufacturing Industires". Nikkan Kogyo Shimbun. 2010-11-04.
- WTR1000. World Trademark Review. 2013.
- ip HANDBOOK. Managing Intellectual Property. 2013.
- Shigehiro Nishimura. Introduction of technology from abroad and a roll of a corporate patent division (外国技術の導入と特許部門の役割) (pdf). Kokumin Keizai Zasshi (国民経済雑誌). 186(4). Kobe University. p. 7.
- Pierre-Yves Donzé, Shigehiro Nishimura (2013). Organizing Global Technology Flows: Institutions, Actors, and Processes. Routledge.
- Intellectual Property Guide 2013. Corporate INTL. 2013.
- "Member Firms". LAW EXPERTS. Retrieved 2013-12-27.
- "Globalization in IP Competition". Nihon Keizai Shimbun. 2010-11-12.
- Robert Janis. "Firm Assists International Clients with Patent, Trademark Issues in Japan". Retrieved 2013-12-27.
- Kaz Frankiewicz. "Managing Intellectual Property With the Right Firm". Retrieved 2013-12-27.
- The Legal 500. Legalease. 2013.
- ipHandbook. Managing Intellectual Property. 2013.
- The World's Leading Trademark Professionals. World Trademark Review. 2014.
- The World's Leading Patent Practitioners. Intellectual Asset Management. 2013.
- Asian Legal Business. Thomson Reuters. May 2013. p. 15.
- Acquisition International. AI Global Media Ltd. 2013.
- Global Good Publishers. "SUGIMURA defends intellectual property in Japan and Silicon Valley". Retrieved 2013-12-27.
- Lauren Bringle. "Japan’s Entry into the Trans-Pacific Partnership and What it Means for Intellectual Property". Retrieved 2013-12-27.
- Corporate INTL. "Find an Expert". Retrieved 2013-12-27.
- Niigata University. "Seminars and Lectures". Retrieved 2014-01-08.
- Tokyo Institute of Technology. "R&D Strategy & Intellectual Property Strategy". Retrieved 2014-01-08.
- LEC. "弁理士実務家講演会". Retrieved 2014-01-08.
- IP Friends Connections. Japan Patent Office. 2012. p. 23.
- World Class IP: A Global Perspective. AIPF. 2013.