Location of Suita in Osaka Prefecture
|• Mayor||Tetsuya Inoue (since May 2011)|
|• Total||36.11 km2 (13.94 sq mi)|
|Population (August 1, 2011)|
|• Density||9,900/km2 (26,000/sq mi)|
|Time zone||Japan Standard Time (UTC+9)|
|- Tree||Camphor Laurel|
|- Flower||Satsuki azalea|
|Address||1-3-40 Izumichō, Suita-shi, Osaka-fu
The city was founded on April 1, 1940, and was the site of Expo '70, a World's Fair held in 1970. The J-League soccer club Gamba Osaka plays at Osaka Expo '70 Stadium, located in the former world's fair grounds.
It is connected to central by Hankyu Railway, West Japan Railway Company and the Osaka Municipal Subway. The Osaka Monorail also passes through the area, connecting the city to Osaka, the Expo Commemoration Park and Osaka International Airport.
- Kansai University's main branch is located here. It is accessible through Kandaimae Station on the Hankyu Senri Line.
- Osaka University's main administrative campus is hosted here, right beside the Expo Park. It is accessible via the Osaka Monorail at Handaibyoinmae Station, or via Hankyu Senri Line at Kita-Senri Station.
- Osaka Gakuin University, accessible through Kishibe Station on JR Kyoto Line.
- Senri Kinran University, accessible through Kita-Senri Station on Hankyu Senri Line.
- National Museum of Ethnology
- International Institute for Children's Literature, Osaka 
- The Japan Folk Crafts Museum, Osaka 
- Kansai University Museum
- Suita City Museum
- SNK Playmore (formerly known as SNK), the producer of Neo Geo arcade boards and games has its headquarters in the city.
- Osaka University Foreign Student House
- Senri International Student House
- Kansai University International Student House
- JASSO Student House
Suita was involved in Bankstown's first international Sister City in March 1989.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Suita, Osaka.|