Sukkur Institute of Business Administration
|Sukkur Institute of Business Administration|
|Motto||Merit, Quality, Excellence|
|Dean||Nisar Ahmed Siddiqui|
|Location||Sukkur, Sindh, Pakistan|
The Sukkur Institute of Business Administration (Sukkur IBA)is a business school in Sukkur, Pakistan. The school is a public sector degree-awarding institute approved by Higher Education Commission and chartered by the Government of Sindh.
In 1994, the school was established as Sukkur Institute of Business Administration . It was located initially in a hired public school building in Sukkur. At first, Sukkur IBA was affiliated to Institute of Business Administration, Karachi; it become independent in 2006. The institute is ranked 3rd among the five independent business schools of Pakistan included in the Higher Education Commission Pakistan Business School Ranking-2013).
The institute has four main departments;
- Business Administration, with more than 1600 students doing their majors in the field of finance, marketing, human resources, entrepreneurship and agribusiness.
- Electrical Engineering with specialization in Telecom & Electronics
- Computer Sciences with specialization in computer science, IT and Software Engineering
- Education Management
Along with these departments the institute runs three centers that facilitate student projects and careers:
- Career Development Center .
- Center for Entrepreneurial Leadership & Incubation
- Office of Research, Innovation & Commercialization (ORIC;
Most faculty members and students live in the hostels provided by Sukkur IBA inside the campus.
Students at Sukkur IBA are actively involved in the campus activities and event management. There are several student clubs like; BASC, PSLS, HBRC, Marketing, HR and Finance clubs arrange seminars, cultural events and other competitions during the semesters.
Merit and need based scholarships provided by regional, national and international donors are available . More than 70% of students in degree programs receive a scholarship.