|• MLA||S. Angara|
|Elevation||108 m (354 ft)|
|• Official||Tulu, Kannada/ Are Bhashe dialect|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
Sullia(also known as Sulya) (Kannada: ಸುಳ್ಯ)is a taluk in the Dakshina Kannada district of the state of Karnataka, India. It is a small town, surrounded with evergreen wooded mountains in the Western Ghats range in South India. Sullia has plantations of rubber, areca nut, coconut, cashew nut, black pepper and banana. Education centers in Sullia offer a variety of education to students from around the world. The road connecting two major cities of Karnataka – Mysore and Mangalore – runs through Sullia.
An historical revolution took place during 1837 when a majority of the Gowdas, Bunts, Kodavas, Billava, Kudiyas, Mogaveeras, Brahmins, Vokkaligas and other castes from Amara Sullia, Madikeri and Bhagamandala went and fought for freedom against British. .
The monsoon comes during the months of June to September. The spring season occurs between November and January. During this season the local temperature ranges between 15°C (59°F) to 25°C (77°F). The summer or dry season occurs between February and May. Due to heavy rainfall .
Minor earthquake were felt in KVG Dental College Sullia on 11 April 2012 afternoon at 2.33pm and it was first earthquake in Sullia Taluk.
The quake, measuring 3.9 on the Richter Scale, was recorded at around 2.22 pm in parts of Sullia Taluk on Sunday, 14 October afternoon. Tremors were felt across Sullia Taluk.The tremor’s epicentre lay at a depth of 5 km, the meteorological department said in its preliminary report.Tremors were felt in Jalsoor,Subramanya, Markanja, Sampaje, Peraje and other places. Panic-stricken locals ran out of their houses fearing earthquake.And it was Second earthquake in 2012 reported in Sullia Taluk.More
Economy / Agriculture
The economy of Sullia is mainly based on agriculture and horticulture. The region has fertile land and rich water resources. The main crops are rubber trees, areca nut, cashew nut, cocoa, rice, banana, vanilla, coconut and jackfruit.
- Sullia has suspension bridges (locally known as hanging bridges) helping local pedestrians to cross the Payaswini river. These bridges also attract a lot of tourists.
- Payaswini and Kumaradhara are the two major rivers of Sullia.
- Kumara Parvata mountain is one of the famous trekking paradises situated near Sri Kukke Subrahmanya Temple.
- "Koli Kamale" is a famous trekking place in peraje, Kodagu district (7 km from sullia)
- Abbey Falls is 10 kilometres from Madikeri (50 kilometres from Sullia).
- Sri Kukke Subramanya Temple, situated in Subramanya (village), around 44 kilometres from Sullia, is a famous pilgrimage location.
- Sri Mallikarjuna Temple, situated in Thodikana, around 15 km from Sullia, is a famous pilgrimage location and also a famous tourist destination.
- "Sri Dhurgaparameshwari Temple Marakatha ", Nalkooru Village, (on the way Sullia to Kukke Subramanya) is a famous pilgrimage Location and also a famous tourist Destination .
main attraction sampaje panchalingeshwara temple
- Public Schools and Colleges
Public education in Sullia is mostly served by government bodies.
- Govt, High School Aletty Sullia.
- Higher Primary School Aletty Sullia
- Dakshina Kannada Zilla Panchayath  Model Higher Primary Schools (In Kannada Language: Dakshina Kannada Zilla Panchayath Madari Hiriya Prathamika Shaale)
- Govt., High School, Gandhinagar, Sullia
- Govt., Pre-University College, Sullia. (old name: junior college)
- Govt.,pre-University college,gandhinagar sullia.
- Dakshina Kannada Zilla Panchayath Model Higher Primary School Guthigaru (started 1897)
- Private Schools and Colleges
- Thekkil Model Primary School Goonadka,Sullia.
- Pioneer Public School, Jalsoor
- Jnana Ganga Central School, Bellare
- K.V.G E.M.H.S Sullia
- Mahathma Gandhi Malnad High School, Kodiyal Bail, Sullia
- Nehru Memorial Junior College, Aranthodu
- Rotary English Medium School 
- Shree Sharada Girls Pre-University College
- Sneha English Medium High School, Sullia - email@example.com
- Sneha Priamary School(Kannada Medium), Sullia - firstname.lastname@example.org
- St. Brigids' Higher Primary School
- St. Joseph's (English Medium) High School
- Vidyabodhini High School Balila 
- Vidyabodhini Higher Primary School Balila 
- Chokkadi High School Kukkujadka
- Payaswini Highschool, Jalsoor
- Kuriyakose primary and High school Guthigaru
- Charity Schools
- Ansariya Yatheem Khana  Providing free education to orphans and poor people from Muslim Community.
- Academy of Liberal Education
The Academy of Liberal Education  is a Registered Society established in 1967 with the sole objective of providing quality education in all branches, including professional courses. Powered by the visionary leadership of Sri Kurunji Venkatramana Gowda, Founder President, the Academy of Liberal Education has converted Sullia into a modern learning center of the country.
- KVG College of Engineering 
- KVG Medical college 
- KVG Dental College 
- KVG Polytechnic 
- Nehru Memorial PU and Degree College
- KVG Ayurveda Medical College and Hospital 
- Ansariya Yatheem Khana
This institution is for orphans and poor people among the Muslim community. Orphan children get boarding and education here.
The following organizations offer both long distance and local transportation.
- Kerala State Road Transport Corporation (KSRTC) owned by Government of Kerala.
- Karnataka State Road Transport Corporation (KSRTC) owned by Government of Karnataka.
- Buses and taxicabs (Usually shared by many passengers to cut cost) transport services by local private parties.
- 3-Wheeler Auto Rickshaw (taxi) for local short distance transportation.
- Nearest railway station is Puttur train station and Mangalore. The train between Mangalore and Bangalore (started from 8 December 2007) passes through Subramanya.
- Mangalore International Airport (formerly Bajpe Airport) is the nearby domestic and international airport. It is around 90 km away from Sullia.
Sports and games
- Cricket. The majority of cricket games in Sullia are played using tennis ball.
- Kho Kho
- Football. Mainly by school and college students.
- Other locally popular mini games like Lagori,Hagga-Jaggata, Jibli etc.
- Kukke Subramanya Temple
- NH-234 "DK's New NH to connect three states". timesofindia.com. Retrieved 16 November 2011.
|Wikivoyage has a travel guide for Sullia.|