Sullivan Township, Ashland County, Ohio
|Sullivan Township, Ohio|
|• Total||25.6 sq mi (66.2 km2)|
|• Land||25.4 sq mi (65.8 km2)|
|• Water||0.2 sq mi (0.4 km2)|
|Elevation||1,135 ft (346 m)|
|• Density||99/sq mi (38.2/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||1085715|
Located in the northeastern corner of the county, it borders the following townships:
- Huntington Township, Lorain County - north
- Spencer Township, Medina County - northeast corner
- Homer Township, Medina County - east
- Jackson Township - southeast
- Orange Township - southwest
- Troy Township - west
- Rochester Township, Lorain County - northwest corner
Name and history
It is the only Sullivan Township statewide.
The township is governed by a three-member board of trustees, who are elected in November of odd-numbered years to a four-year term beginning on the following January 1. Two are elected in the year after the presidential election and one is elected in the year before it. There is also an elected township fiscal officer, who serves a four-year term beginning on April 1 of the year after the election, which is held in November of the year before the presidential election. Vacancies in the fiscal officership or on the board of trustees are filled by the remaining trustees.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (G001): Sullivan township, Ashland County, Ohio". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Retrieved July 8, 2013.
- "Detailed map of Ohio" (PDF). United States Census Bureau. 2000. Retrieved 2007-02-16.
- §503.24, §505.01, and §507.01 of the Ohio Revised Code. Accessed 4/30/2009.