Sultan Abdul Halim Airport
Lapangan Terbang Sultan Abdul Halim
|IATA: AOR – ICAO: WMKA
|Airport type||Public / Military|
|Operator||Malaysia Airports Holdings Berhad|
|Serves||Kedah, and Perlis|
|Elevation AMSL||15 ft / 5 m|
|Passenger change 11-12||6.4%|
|Movements change 11-12||8.2%|
|Source: official web site and DAFIF|
The airport, located in Kepala Batas, is 8 miles 13 km away from town, can handle up to 800,000 ppa. The new terminal is already operational by 5 May 2006 to cater for future traffic growth. The new terminal has the capacity to receive the Airbus 330 operations as the runway was extended from the previous 1,963 metres long and 45 metres wide to 2,745 metres long and 45 metres wide. In 2009, the airport handled 421,314 passengers with 24,031 aircraft movements.
The Royal Malaysian Air Force training division is also co-located and uses the same runway as the airport.
Airlines and destinations
|Malaysia Airlines||Kuala Lumpur||Domestic|
|Malindo Air||Kuala Lumpur-Subang||Domestic|
Traffic and Statistics
- Sultan Abdul Halim Airport at Malaysia Airports Holdings Berhad
- Airport information for WMKA at World Aero Data. Data current as of October 2006.Source: DAFIF.
- Airport information for AOR at Great Circle Mapper. Source: DAFIF (effective Oct. 2006).
- "MAHB Annual Report 2012". MAHB. Retrieved 6 September 2013.
- Sultan Abdul Halim Airport, Alor Setar at Malaysia Airports Holdings Berhad
- Current weather for WMKA at NOAA/NWS
- Accident history for AOR at Aviation Safety Network
|This article about a Malaysian airport is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a Malaysian building or structure is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|