Sultan Mastura, Maguindanao
Map of Maguindanao showing the location of Sultan Mastura
|Region||Autonomous Region in Muslim Mindanao (ARMM)|
|Founded||April 28, 2003|
|• Mayor||Rauf Mastura|
|• Total||242.07 km2 (93.46 sq mi)|
|• Density||90/km2 (230/sq mi)|
|Time zone||PST (UTC+8)|
It was created by virtue of the Muslim Mindanao Autonomy Act No. 89. It was carved from the municipality of Sultan Kudarat. The law was submitted on September 13, 1999 and lapsed into law on November 13, 1999. It was ratified by the people of Sultan Mastura through plebiscite on March 15, 2003. Its corporate existence started on April 28, 2003.
It was part of the province of Shariff Kabunsuan from October 2006 until its nullification by the Supreme Court in July 2008.
Sultan Mastura is politically subdivided into 13 barangays.
- Macabico (Macabiso)
|Population census of Sultan Mastura|
|Source: National Statistics Office|
- "Official City/Municipal 2013 Election Results". Intramuros, Manila, Philippines: Commission on Elections (COMELEC). 1 July 2013. Retrieved 5 September 2013.
- "Total Population by Province, City, Municipality and Barangay: as of May 1, 2010". 2010 Census of Population and Housing. National Statistics Office. Retrieved 6 October 2013.
- MMA Act No. 89 : An Act Creating the Municipality of Sultan Mastura in the Province of Maguindanao
- Official Website of Sultan Mastura Municipality
- Philippine Standard Geographic Code
- Philippine Census Information
- Local Governance Performance Management System
- Inquirer.net, Sultan Kudarat town aims for nat’l recognition
|Illana Bay||Sultan Kudarat|