Viola mandshurica (Fuji Dawn)
|Meaning||It can have many different meanings depending on the kanji used.|
|Region of origin||Japanese|
Sumire (菫, すみれ, スミレ?) is the Japanese word for the flower violet, or in a more limited sense, it refers to Viola mandshurica (aka Fuji Dawn) which is one of the species of violet. It is also a feminine Japanese given name.
Sumire can be written using different kanji characters and can mean:
- 菫, "violet"
- as a name
- 紫花, "purple, flower"
- 純麗, "purity, lovely"
- 澄玲, "lucidity, sound of jewels"
- 澄麗, "lucidity, lovely"
- Sumire (1987–2009), Japanese fashion model
- Sumire Haruno (寿美礼, born 1972), Japanese Takarasienne
- Sumire Satō (born 1993), Japanese idol
- María Sumire, Peruvian politician and member of Union for Peru party
- Sumire Matsuda (born 1999)
- Sumire Morohoshi (born 1999), Japanese voice actress
- Sumire Uesaka (born 1991), Japanese voice actress
- Sumire, the main heroine of the 1999 novel Sputnik Sweetheart by Haruki Murakami
- Sumire Hoshino (スミレ), a character in the manga and anime series Pāman
- Sumire Iwaya (澄麗), the main character of the manga and TV drama series Tramps Like Us
- Sumire Kanou (すみれ), a character in the manga and anime series Toradora!
- Sumire Kanzaki (すみれ), a character in the Japanese media franchise Sakura Wars
- Sumire Kasugano (すみれ), a character in the anime series Sally the Witch
- Sumire Ryuzaki (スミレ), a character in the manga and anime series The Prince of Tennis
- Sumire Shōda (スミレ), a character in the manga and anime series Gakuen Alice
- Sumire Takahana (スミレ), the main heroine of the manga series Venus Versus Virus
- Sumire, the main character from Midnight Children by Shinjo Mayu
- Sumire Uemoto, a character from The World God Only Knows
- Sumire, the baby character of the manga Ore no Ko desu ka? by Kurita Riku
- Hikami Sumire, the character from Aikatsu! (season 3)
- Sumire September love, a 1982 hit song by Japanese band Ippu-Do, covered by Shazna in 1997 and Megamasso in 2011
- Sumire, a 2003 song on the Japanese band Yuzu
- Sumire, a song on The Gazette's 2004 album Madara
- Sumire 16 sai!!, a Japanese manga and TV drama series
|This page or section lists people that share the same given name. If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change that link to point directly to the intended article.|