Summer Breeze (concert)
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
For the German heavy-metal festival, see Summer Breeze Open Air. For the cancelled South Korean event, see Summer Breeze (rock festival).
Summer Breeze is an annual event at the University of Chicago, produced by the University's Major Activities Board (MAB). The event usually takes place in May, and includes outdoor carnival activities, and an outdoor concert in the evening.
- 2014: Flying Lotus, Pusha T, Baauer, Vic Mensa, Jeremih (Cancelled)
- 2013: Nelly, Smith Westerns, Lunice (of TNGHT)
- 2012: Ludacris, Neon Indian, Cults
- 2011: Crystal Castles, The Walkmen, Wale, Milkman
- 2010: Nas, Damien Marley, Dirty Projectors
- 2009: Voxtrot, Santigold, Broken Social Scene
- 2008: The Cool Kids, Andrew Bird, Talib Kweli, Cake
- 2007: The Roots and Spoon
- 2006: George Clinton and the P. Funk AllStars, RJD2, and Dar Williams
- 2005: DJ Toro, Julie Robert, Ted Leo / Pharmacists, Nas
- 2004: Jurassic Park, Medeski Martin and Wood, and Guided by Voices.
- 2003: Bela Fleck and the Flecktones, Talib Kweli and OK Go
- 2002: Method Man, Kid Koala, Lucky Boys Confusion (Red Man was scheduled but backed out before the show)
- 2001: Run DMC, Ford Prefect, Fuel, Phinny's Secrets, Drexel
- 2000: Eminem, The Roots, Goldfinger
- 1999: Black Eyed Peas, Goodie Mob, G. Love & Special Sauce
- 1998: Sonic Youth, Moby, Busta Rhymes
- 1997: Atari Teenage Riot, The Roots, Beck, Versus, Guided By Voices, The Skatalite
- 1996: They Might Be Giants, The Roots, Streganona