No Doubt 2009 Summer Tour
|No Doubt 2009 Summer Tour|
|Tour by No Doubt|
|Start date||May 2, 2009|
|End date||August 12, 2009|
|Shows||57 in North America|
|No Doubt concert chronology|
On December 3, 2008, the band announced on their official website plans of a tour and a new album . They stated,
"As most of you saw from our little iChat (yes, it was really us), we have decided to go on tour next year while continuing to work on our album. We are working on tour dates now and can't wait to get out there and play for all of you - it's been too long! We'll announce tour dates soon so be sure to check back for updates. Have a safe and happy holiday and we'll see you on the road in 2009!"
The tour was officially announced in January 2009 by MTV News. Stefani cited the reason for tour was to perform their favorite songs and explore new musical directions. A survey on the band's website complied fan's favorite songs that have a possibility of being performed on the tour. During an interview with guitarist Tom Dumont, he explained the tour will have A Clockwork Orange theme, saying,
"Gwen came up with the Clockwork Orange thing—she started getting into the visuals of those modernist movies from the 60's. We've been looking at tons of art and it's like this space-age modernism from that decade—it's retro and modern at the same time, so we're building this crazy stage set that has that vibe. We have a bunch of really great artists doing t-shirts and posters that echo that. There's a whole look for the tour even though there's not an album yet."
It was also revealed that the group will give away their entire music catalog (in digital format) to spectators who purchased high level tickets. The group appeared on The Today Show, American Idol, The Ellen DeGeneres Show, Jimmy Kimmel Live! and Gossip Girl to promote the tour. This tour should not be considered a reunion tour, because No Doubt stated it is not a reunion since the band had never broken up.
- Paramore (select dates)
- The Sounds (select dates)
- Bedouin Soundclash (select dates)
- Janelle Monae (select dates)
- Tinted Windows (select dates)
- Katy Perry (August 4)
- Panic! At The Disco (select dates)
- Matt Costa (select dates)
- "Hella Good"
- "Underneath It All"
- "Excuse Me Mr."
- "End It On This"
- "Tragic Kingdom"
- "Simple Kind of Life"
- "Guns of Navarone"
- "Hey Baby"
- "Magic's In The Makeup"
- "Different People"
- "Total Hate"
- "Don't Speak"
- "It's My Life"
- "Just a Girl"
Box office score data
|Venue||City||Tickets Sold / Available||Gross Revenue|
|Mandalay Bay Events Center||Paradise||8.815 / 8.815 (100%)||$994,730 |
|Cricket Wireless Amphitheatre||San Diego||a19,569 / 19,569 (100%)||$751,599 |
|E Center||West Valley City||9,641 / 9,641 (100%)||$483,909 |
|SuperPages.com Center||Dallas||19,969 / 19,969 (100%)||$663,245|
|Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion||The Woodlands||16,465 / 16,465 (100%)||$697,834 |
|The Time Warner Cable Music Pavilion||Raleigh||19,979 / 19,979 (100%)||$219,145|
|Verizon Wireless Amphitheater||Virginia Beach||20,055 / 20,055 (100%)||$347,888|
|Susquehanna Bank Center||Camden||24,967 / 24,967 (100%)||$616,221|
|Nissan Pavilion||Washington||23,381 / 23,381 (100%)||$594,953|
|Post-Gazette Pavilion||Pittsburgh||23,206 / 23,206 (100%)||$345,354|
|Air Canada Centre||Toronto||14,000 / 14,000 (100%)||$1,111,794|
|Bell Centre||Montreal||8,998 / 8,998 (100%)||$616,937|
|John Labatt Centre||London||6,317 / 8,427 (77%)||$444,517|
|TOTAL||215,362 / 217,472 (99%)||$7,888,126|
- "A Note from the Band". No Doubt's Official Website. Universal Music Group. 2008-12-03. Retrieved 2009-04-08.
- Vena, Jocelyn (2009-01-21). "No Doubt Announce Summer Tour With Paramore". MTV News. MTV Networks. Retrieved 2009-03-08.
- "No Doubt Reveals To Buzznet Tour Will Have 'Clockwork Orange' Inspired Theme". BuzzNet. Buzznet, Inc. 2009-03-06. Retrieved 2009-04-08.
- Kreps, Daniel (2009-03-03). "No Doubt’s Sweet Deal: Buy a Concert Ticket, Get Their Entire Catalog". Rolling Stones. Wenner Media LLC. Retrieved 2009-04-08.
- Kreps, Daniel (2009-02-25). "Tour Tracker: No Doubt’s Reunion Tour, Motley Crue’s White Trash Circus". Rolling Stones. Wenner Media LLC. Retrieved 2009-04-08.
- Hall, Tara (2009-02-25). "No Doubt announces a slew of summer dates". liveDaily. Retrieved 2009-04-08.
- "Tour". No Doubt's Official Website. Universal Music Group.
- "Artists: No Doubt". The Bamboozle. Retrieved 2009-03-03.[dead link]
- "Headliner: No Doubt". The Tiger Woods Foundation. Retrieved 2009-03-03.[dead link]
- "Artist Lineup: No Doubt". Summerfest-The Word's Largest Music Festival. Milwaukee World Festival, Inc. Retrieved 2009-03-03.
- "Billboard Boxscore". Billboard Magazine (New York City: Nielsen Business Media, Inc.). 2009-06-13. Retrieved 2009-16-22. Check date values in:
- "Billboard Boxscore". Billboard Magazine (New York City: Nielsen Business Media, Inc.). 2009-06-20. Retrieved 2009-16-22. Check date values in:
- "Billboard Boxscore". Billboard Magazine (New York City: Nielsen Business Media, Inc.). 2009-06-27. Retrieved 2009-16-22. Check date values in:
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Summer Tour 2009.|