Summit Township, Marion County, Kansas
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Marion County, Kansas
Location within Marion County
|• Total||36 sq mi (90 km2)|
|• Length||6.0 mi (9.7 km)|
|• Width||6.0 mi (9.7 km)|
|Elevation||1,463 ft (446 m)|
|• Density||2.2/sq mi (0.86/km2)|
|Time zone||CST (UTC-06:00)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-05:00)|
|FIPS code||20-69100 |
|GNIS feature ID||477782 |
Summit Township covers an area of 36 square miles (93.2 km2).
Cities and towns
The township contains the following settlements:
- Ghost town of Watchorn. It was a former oil boom community during the 1910s and 1920s.
The township contains the following cemeteries:
- Summit Township Cemetery (aka United Brethren Cemetery), located in Section 23 T22S R4E. The church was closed and demolished in the 2010s.
- Whitewater Center Cemetery (aka Stone Church Cemetery), located in Section 28 T22S R4E. The church is across the road.
- "2010 Total Population - Township of Summit". U.S. Census Bureau. Retrieved June 15, 2013.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2011-05-14.
- U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: Township of Summit
- Marion County Cemetery List.
||Catlin Township||Fairplay Township||Doyle Township|
|Peabody Township||Milton Township|
|Fairmount Township (Butler County)||Clifford Township (Butler County)||Lincoln Township (Butler County)|