Browser speed test
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (March 2011)|
- 1 General tests
- 2 3D tests
- 3 Developer suites
- 4 Criticism
- 5 References
- 6 External links
Online speed test by Futuremark, mainly using rendering, mathematical and memory operations. Takes approx. 5 minutes for execution and tells results of other browsers with different CPUs. Does not respect operating system.
Online speed test by Rightware, mainly using rendering, mathematical and memory operations. Takes approx. 4 minutes for execution and tells results compared to other browsers and operating systems.
|This section needs additional citations for verification. (May 2015)|
Mozilla test suite based on SunSpider tests. Takes several minutes for execution and displays very detailed information about every single test task.
ECMAScript Test 262
Tests vector, bitmap, and text rendering for both Adobe Flash and HTML5.
Version 0.9.1 was released in April 2010.
Version 1.0 was released in April 2013.
- "ISO/IEC and Ecma International ratify "ES5.1", the latest ECMAScript specification of Ecma International" (Press release). ECMA International. 30 June 2011. Retrieved 4 July 2013 – via Reuters.
- "What is the status of test262?". ECMA International. Retrieved 4 July 2013.
- Heath, Nick (14 September 2010). "Windows 10 and Edge: How Microsoft's new browser could soon challenge Chrome". TechRepublic (California, USA). Retrieved 21 May 2015.
- Jostedt, Erica (14 September 2010). "Release the Kraken". The Mozilla Blog (blog). Mozilla. Retrieved 8 August 2013.
- "The Benchmark—Octane". Google Developers. 22 August 2012. Archived from the original on 29 September 2013. Retrieved 8 August 2013.
- "The Benchmark—Octane". Google Developers. 6 November 2013. Retrieved 21 May 2015.
- Muchmore, Michael (18 June 2008). "Review: Firefox 3 Stays Ahead of Browser Pack". PC Mag. Archived from the original on 5 July 2008. Retrieved 6 September 2008 – via Fox News.
- Stachowiak, Maciej (18 December 2007). "Announcing SunSpider 0.9" (blog). WebKit Open Source Project. Retrieved 6 September 2008.
- Stachowiak, Maciej (7 April 2010). "Announcing SunSpider 0.9.1". Surfin' Safari (blog). WebKit Open Source Project. Retrieved 27 December 2010.
- Stachowiak, Maciej (7 April 2010). "Announcing SunSpider 1.0". Surfin’ Safari. WebKit Open Source Project. Retrieved 29 April 2013.
- Speed-Battle (note: loads test automatically)
- Microsoft Testdrive speed tests
- Wirple BMark
- V8 benchmark,Octane
- GUIMark 2
- Are We Fast Yet? - A comparison of V8 and SunSpider benchmarks on various browsers.
- Browser Tests - A comparison of various performance test suites across major browsers.