Browser speed test
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (March 2011)|
- 1 General tests
- 2 3D tests
- 3 Developer suites
- 4 Criticism
- 5 References
- 6 External links
Free online speed test, a general test for basic upload, download, and ping. Also gives IP information. Takes approx: 2 minutes.
Online speed test by Futuremark, mainly using rendering, mathematical and memory operations. Takes approx. 5 minutes for execution and tells results of other browsers with different CPUs. Does not respect operating system.
Online speed test by Rightware, mainly using rendering, mathematical and memory operations. Takes approx. 4 minutes for execution and tells results compared to other browsers and operating systems.
ECMAScript Test 262
Version 0.9.1 was released in April 2010.
Version 1.0 was released in April 2013.
Mozilla test suite based on SunSpider tests. Takes several minutes for execution and displays very detailed information about every single test task.
Tests vector, bitmap, and text rendering for both Adobe Flash and HTML5.
- "ISO/IEC and Ecma International ratify "ES5.1", the latest ECMAScript specification of Ecma International". Reuters. 2011-06-30. Retrieved 4 July 2013.
- "What is the status of test262?". Retrieved 4 July 2013.
- Muchmore, Michael (2008-06-18). "Review: Firefox 3 Stays Ahead of Browser Pack". Fox News. Retrieved 2008-09-06.
- "Announcing SunSpider 0.9". 2007-12-18. Retrieved 2008-09-06.
- "Surfin’ Safari - Blog Archive » Announcing SunSpider 0.9.1". Webkit.org. 2010-04-07. Retrieved 2010-12-27.
- "Surfin’ Safari - Blog Archive » Announcing SunSpider 1.0". Webkit.org. 2013-04-30. Retrieved 2013-04-30.
- "The Benchmark - Octane - Google Developers". Retrieved 2013-08-08.
- "Release the Kraken". The Mozilla Blog. Retrieved 2013-08-08.
- Speed-Battle (note: loads test automatically)
- Microsoft Testdrive speed tests
- Wirple BMark
- V8 benchmark,Octane
- GUIMark 2
- Are We Fast Yet? - A comparison of V8 and SunSpider benchmarks on various browsers.
- Browser Tests - A comparison of various performance test suites across major browsers.