Sun Air International
|Focus cities||Pittsburgh International Airport|
|Parent company||Sun Air Express, LLC|
|Headquarters||Dania Beach, Florida, USA|
|Key people||David Hackett (Chairman,CEO)
Philip LeFevre (President,COO)
Sun Air Express is an United States airline with its headquarters in Dania Beach, Florida in Greater Miami (the headquarters has a Fort Lauderdale mailing address). It operates charter services as well as scheduled passenger services subsidized under the Essential Air Service (EAS) program.
The airline ended subsidized scheduled service to Victoria Regional Airport from George Bush Intercontinental Airport in Houston, Texas on October 31, 2014 after its two year EAS contract expired. A little over a month later Sun Air began service from Washington Dulles International Airport to Lancaster Airport (Pennsylvania) and Hagerstown Regional Airport in Maryland.
Sun Air Express is establishing a focus city at Pittsburgh International Airport and will provide frequent daily service between PIT, Altoona–Blair County Airport (AOO), Chautauqua County-Jamestown Airport (JHW) and Lancaster Airport (Pennsylvania) (LNS).
Sun Air Express' passenger bookings are handled by Pacific Wings and their flight listings in travel reservation systems are under Pacific Wings' IATA code, LW.
As of November 2013 Sun Air International received $6,583,848 in annual Federal subsidies for Essential Air Services that they provided to Hagerstown,MD, Lancaster,PA and Victoria,TX airports in the U.S.
|Piper PA-31 Navajo||9||8|
- "Contact Us." (Archive) Sun Air International. Retrieved on March 30, 2013. "Mailing Address Sun Air International 3201 Griffin Road Fort Lauderdale, Florida 33312"
- "2010 CENSUS - CENSUS BLOCK MAP: Dania Beach city, FL 001." (Archive). U.S. Census Bureau. Retrieved on March 30, 2013.
- Miles, Allison. Victoria air service resumes with Sun Air, Victoria Advocate, October 1, 2012, Retrieved 2012-11-08
- Stauffer, Cindy. First Sun Air flight takes off from Lancaster Airport, Intelligencer Journal / Lancaster New Era, November 5, 2012, Retrieved 2012-11-08
- Lockwood, Erica. New Airline Picked for Macon-Atlanta Service, WMAZ, September 7, 2012, Retrieved 2012-11-08
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Sun Air International.|