Sunagawa (砂川市 Sunagawa-shi) is a city located in Sorachi Subprefecture, Hokkaido, Japan.
As of 2008, the city has an estimated population of 19,556 and a population density of 249 persons per km². The total area is 78.69 km².
- 1890 Nae Village founded
- 1895 Nae Village Office opened
- 1897 Utashinai Village splits off
- 1902 Nae becomes a Second Class Municipality
- 1903 Nae Village becomes Sunagawa Village
- 1907 Sunagawa becomes a First Class Municipality
- 1923 Sunagawa Village becomes Sunagawa Town
- 1944 Naie Village splits off
- 1949 Kamisunagawa Town splits off
- July 1, 1958 Sunagawa Town becomes Sunagawa City
- Hokkaido Sunagawa High School