1972 (age 42)
Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
|Alma mater||IIT Kharagpur
The Wharton School
Pichai Sundararajan, better known as Sundar Pichai, is an Indian businessman and a Senior Vice President at Google, where he oversees Android, Chrome, Google Apps, search, research, maps, commerce, ads, infrastructure, and Google+.
Born in Chennai, Tamilnadu, he did his early schooling in Padma Seshadri Bala Bhavan (PSBB) Chennai. He earned his Bachelor of Engineering degree from IIT- Kharagpur.  He holds an M.S. from Stanford University and an MBA from the Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania, where he was named a Siebel Scholar and a Palmer Scholar.
Pichai joined Google in 2004, where he led the product management and innovation efforts for a suite of Google's client software products, including Google Chrome and Chrome OS, as well as being largely responsible for Google Drive. He went on to oversee the development of different apps like Gmail and Google Maps. On 19 November 2009, Pichai gave a demonstration of Chrome OS. On 20 May 2010, he announced the open-sourcing of the new video codec VP8 by Google, and introduced the new video format WebM.
On 13 March 2013, Pichai added Android to the Google products he oversees. Android was formerly managed by Andy Rubin. He was rumored to be one of the contenders for the CEO position of Microsoft in 2014.
He serves as a Member of Board of Advisors at Ruba, Inc. He was a Director of Jive Software from April 2011. till 30 July 2013. Pichai is married and has a daughter and a son.
- "Google's Sundar Pichai too in race to head Microsoft?". Times of India. 2 February 2014. Retrieved 4 February 2014.
- "Google's latest star was IIT Kharagpur topper". Times of India. 16 March 2013. Retrieved 16 March 2013.
- "Sundar Pichai; man who runs Chrome at Google". Siliconindia.com. 12 May 2011. Retrieved 15 November 2012.
- Cooper, Charles (13 March 2013). "Chrome head Sundar Pichai takes over Android". CNET. Retrieved 14 March 2013.
- Siebel Scholars. Siebel Scholars. Retrieved on 23 August 2013.
- Cooper, Charles (13 March 2013). "Sundar Pichai:Seven prominent Indian-origin people in global IT world". CNET. Retrieved 14 March 2013.
- Thoppil, Dhanya Ann (14 March 2013). "Who Is Google Android’s Sundar Pichai?". The Wall Street Journal. Retrieved 29 April 2014.
- Cooper, Charles (13 March 2013). "Meet Google’s new Android chief Sundar Pichai". CNET. Retrieved 14 March 2013.
- Cooper, Charles (13 March 2013). "Sundar Pichai: The man Google, Twitter fought for". CNET. Retrieved 14 March 2013.
- Strohmeyer, Robert (19 November 2009). "Google Chrome OS Unveiled: Speed, Simplicity, and Security Stressed". PCWorld. Retrieved 15 November 2012.
- "Google Open Sourcing VP8 as Part of WebM Project — Online Video News". Gigaom.com. 19 May 2010. Retrieved 15 November 2012.
- Olivarez-Giles, Nathan (13 March 2013). "Google Replaces Android Boss Andy Rubin With Chrome’s Sundar Pichai". Wired. Retrieved 13 March 2013.
- Furrier, John (31 January 2014). microsoft-ceo-job/ "BREAKING NEWS: Google SVP of Chrome & Apps Sundar Pichai now front runner for Microsoft CEO job". SiliconANGLE. Retrieved 3 February 2014.
- "Who is Sundar Pichai?". NDTV.com. Retrieved 3 February 2014.
- "Jive Elects Informatica Executive Margaret Breya to Board of Directors". Jive Software. Retrieved 12 February 2014.
- Google CEO Larry Page appoints Sundar Pichai as Google’s new Product Chief
|This Indian business-related biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|