P Sundarajan, better known as Sundar Pichai (born 1972) is an Indian businessman. He is a senior vice president at Google, where he oversees Android, Chrome and Google Apps. He received his Bachelors in Technology from the Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur and was awarded an Institute Silver Medal. He holds an M.S. from Stanford University and an MBA from the Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania, where he was named a Siebel Scholar.
Pichai joined Google in 2004, where he led the product management and innovation efforts for a suite of Google's client software products, including Google Chrome and Chrome OS, as well as being largely responsible for Google Drive. He went on to oversee the development of different apps like Gmail and Google Maps. On November 19, 2009, Pichai gave a demonstration of Chrome OS. On May 20, 2010, he announced the open-sourcing of the new video codec VP8 by Google, and introduced the new video format WebM. He has been a director at Jive Software since April 2011.
Pichai is married and has a daughter.
- Google's latest star was IIT Kharagpur topper. TimeofIndia.com (Mar 16, 2013, 04.34 AM IST). Retrieved on Mar 16, 2013
- Sundar Pichai; man who runs Chrome at Google. Siliconindia.com (2011-05-12). Retrieved on 2012-11-15.
- Cooper, Charles (March 13, 2013). "Google shakeup: Chrome head Sundar Pichai takes over Android". CNET. Retrieved 14 March 2013.
- ‘Cloud is what people use 98% of the time’ The Times of India (2011-12-12). Retrieved on 2012-11-15.
- Siebel Scholars. Siebel Scholars. Retrieved on 2013-08-23.
- Cooper, Charles (March 13, 2013). "Sundar Pichai:Seven prominent Indian-origin people in global IT world". CNET. Retrieved 14 March 2013.
- Cooper, Charles (March 13, 2013). "Meet Google’s new Android chief Sundar Pichai". CNET. Retrieved 14 March 2013.
- Cooper, Charles (March 13, 2013). "Sundar Pichai: The man Google, Twitter fought for". CNET. Retrieved 14 March 2013.
- Strohmeyer, Robert. (2009-11-19) Google Chrome OS Unveiled: Speed, Simplicity, and Security Stressed. PCWorld. Retrieved on 2012-11-15.
- Google Open Sourcing VP8 as Part of WebM Project — Online Video News. Gigaom.com (2010-05-19). Retrieved on 2012-11-15.
- Olivarez-Giles, Nathan (March 13, 2013). "Google Replaces Android Boss Andy Rubin With Chrome’s Sundar Pichai". Wired. Retrieved 13 March 2013.