||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (June 2011)|
Sung Yu-ri on December 17, 2012
|Birth name||Sung Yuri|
March 3, 1981 |
Tübingen, West Germany
|Revised Romanization||Seong Yu-ri|
Early life and education
Sung is the daughter of a prominent professor of theology at the Presbyterian College & Theological Seminary in Seoul, South Korea
Sung first appeared in the miniseries "Bad Girls" which earned her the "Best New Actress" award. She followed it up with the popular series Thousand Years Of Love in which she portrayed both a modern woman and an ancient princess.
In addition to her dramatic work, she has also co-hosted an entertainment show in 2004 and has been a catalogue model for various companies.
Although she briefly returned to music for the Fin.K.L digital single in late 2005, she has returned to acting. In 2006 she played the lead role in two dramas, One Fine Day and Snow Queen in which she won high praises and awards for. Sung, like all of her Fin.K.L group members, has left DSPent; she was with King Kong Entertainment after leaving SidusHQ, suggesting a choice of a permanent acting career and a challenge for acting skill.
In June 2014, Sung's management agency released an official statement confirming a relationship between Sung and pro-golfer, Ahn Sung Hyun. The statement clarified that the pair met through mutual friends and have been dating for the past six months.
- Rabbit and Lizard, 2009
- Nuna, 2011
- Runway Cop, 2012
- SBS: Bad Girls, 2002
- MBC: My Platoon Leader, 2002
- SBS: Thousand Years of Love, 2003
- SayClub: Kim Sung-joon Meets Lee Yoo-jung, 2003
- MBC: First Love of a Royal Prince, 2004
- MBC: One Fine Day, 2006
- KBS2: The Snow Queen, 2006
- KBS2: Hong Gil-dong, 2008
- SBS: Swallow the Sun, 2009
- KBS2: Romance Town, 2011
- MBC: Feast of the Gods, 2012
- SBS: The Secret of Birth, 2013
- 2013 SBS Drama Awards: Excellence Award, Actress in a Miniseries (The Secret of Birth)
- 2012 MBC Drama Awards: Top Excellence Award, Actress in a Special Production Drama (Feast of the Gods)
- 2008 KBS Drama Awards: Best Couple Award with Kang Ji-hwan (Hong Gil-dong)
- 2008 KBS Drama Awards: Popularity Award (Hong Gil-dong)
- 2008 44th Baeksang Arts Awards: Most Popular Actress, TV (Hong Gil-dong)
- 2006 KBS Drama Awards: Best Couple Award with Hyun Bin (The Snow Queen)
- 2006 KBS Drama Awards: Popularity Award (The Snow Queen)
- 2003 SBS Drama Awards: Netizen Award (Thousand Years of Love)
- 2003 SBS Drama Awards: Excellence Award, Actress in a Drama Special (Thousand Years of Love)
- 2002 SBS Drama Awards: New Star Award (Bad Girls)
- 2002 MBC Entertainment Awards: Best New MC
- Lee, Hyo-won (2009-10-05). "Sung Yu-ri Makes Movie Debut Opposite Jang Hyuk". The Korea Times. Retrieved 2011-07-01.
- Kim, Hyeon-rok (2005-02-15). 성유리·옥주현·공유.. "우리는 경희대 졸업동기" [Sung Yu-ri, Ock Joo-hyun, Gong Yoo graduate together from Kyung Hee University] (in Korean). Starnews. Retrieved 2014-11-11.
- Lee, Sun-min (2013-07-31). "Sung Yu-ri to host future “Healing Camp” episodes". Korea JoongAng Daily. Retrieved 2014-11-11.
- "Sung Yuri to Join Ha Jung Woo and Yeom Jung Ah’s Agency". soompi. 2014-01-30. Retrieved 2014-01-30.
- "Sung Yuri Confirms Dating Pro-Golfer Ahn Sung Hyun for Six Months". mwave. Newsen. 2014-06-17. Retrieved 2014-11-11.