|Born||August 13, 1977
Mandi Dabwali, Sirsa, Haryana
Sunil Grover is an Indian actor and stand-up comedian born in Mandi Dabwali, Sirsa, Haryana in a Punjabi Hindu family. He did his schooling from Arya Vidya Mandir, Mandi Dabwali and B.Com. from Guru Nanak College. He has done his masters in Theatre from Punjab University,Chandigarh.
After having done local theatre for some time, he started his career with Jaspal Bhatti and later ventured out on his own. Sunil's television career began as a movie jockey in the show Challa Lallan Hero Banane on the movie channel Filmy. He was the brand ambassador for the channel for a while.
He also acted in India's first silent show on SAB TV's Gutur Gu in the initial 26 episodes. He was part of the stand up comedy show Comedy Nights with Kapil and became immensely popular playing the fictional character Guthi.
Then Sunil Grover and Manish Paul started a comedy show on Star Plus "Mad in India". Sunil Grover was Jaspal Bhatti's find. Sunil Grover is mainly known as Gutthi from Comedy Nights with Kapil. . He later returned to play the role of father-in-law to the show’s lead Kapil Sharma.
|The Legend of Bhagat Singh||Jaidev Kapur||2002|
|Family: Ties of Blood||2006|
|Gabbar is Back||2015|
- Full Tension (Jaspal Bhatti)
- Professor Money Plant (Zee Punjabi)
- Kya Aap Paanchvi Fail Champu Hain? (Filmy)
- Gutur Gu (SAB TV)
- Comedy Circus (Sony Entertainment Television)
- Comedy Nights with Kapil (Colors TV)
- Mad In India (Star Plus)
- Sunil Grover Biography, Profile - entertainment.oneindia.in
- Sunil Grover's Chutki fails to recreate Gutthi magic - Hindustan Times
- Sunil Grover in new avatar as Sabjee
- "Now Sunil Grover to play Kapil Sharma’s father-in-law". news.biharprabha.com. IANS. 25 July 2014. Retrieved 27 July 2014.
- "It's like coming home says Sunil Grover". Patrika Group (1 August 2014). Retrieved 1 August 2014.
- There are so many girls like Gutthi: Sunil Grover - The Times of India
- I left 'Comedy Nights with Kapil' to earn more money: Sunil Grover
- "Sunil Grover shoots for Comedy Nights". Patrika Group (24 July 2014). Retrieved 24 July 2014.
- Sunil Grover’s ‘Mad In India’ a poor version of Comedy Nights with Kapil | The Indian Express
- Sunil Grover's new role on Mad In India is child named Sabjee
|This article about an Indian actor or actress is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|