Sunny Leone 2012
|Born||Karenjit Kaur Vohra
May 13, 1981 
Sarnia, Ontario, Canada
|Height||5 ft 4 in (1.63 m)|
|Weight||110 lb (50 kg; 7.9 st)|
|Spouse(s)||Daniel Weber (2011–present)|
|No. of adult films||52 as actress,
51 as director
Karenjit Kaur Vohra (born May 13, 1981), better known by her stage name Sunny Leone (pronounced //), is an Indo-Canadian and American actress, businesswoman, model and former pornographic actress. She was named Penthouse Pet of the Year in 2003 and was a contract star for Vivid Entertainment. Named by Maxim as one of the 12 top porn stars in 2010, she has also played roles in independent mainstream films and television shows. She later made her successful Bollywood debut in Pooja Bhatt's erotic thriller Jism 2 (2012) which was declared a semi-hit and is now working in India. Rose to fame with Ragini MMS 2, Leone is doing female centric roles. 
Leone was born in Sarnia, Ontario to Sikh Punjabi parents.[dead link] Her father was born in Tibet and raised in Delhi, while her mother (who died in 2008) was from Sirmaur, Himachal Pradesh.[dead link] As a young girl, she was very athletic and played street hockey with the boys.
Although the family was Sikh,[dead link] her parents enrolled her in Catholic school[dead link] as it was felt to be unsafe for her to go to public school. She lost her virginity to a basketball player at another school at 16, and discovered her bisexuality at age 18. When she was 13, her family moved to Fort Gratiot, Michigan, then to Lake Forest, California a year later, fulfilling her grandparents' dream that the family be together in one place.
While studying to be a pediatric nurse in Orange County, a classmate who was an exotic dancer introduced Leone to John Stevens, an agent who in turn introduced her to Jay Allen, a photographer for Penthouse magazine. When picking a name for her adult career, she has said that Sunny is her real name and Leone was picked by Bob Guccione, former owner of Penthouse magazine. She posed for Penthouse magazine, and was named Penthouse Pet of the Month for the March 2001 issue, followed by a feature in the Holiday 2001 edition of Hustler magazine as a Hustler Honey. She has also appeared in other magazines including Cheri, Mystique Magazine, High Society, Swank, AVN Online, Leg World, Club International and Lowrider, while her online credits include ModFX Models, Suze Randall, Ken Marcus and Mac & Bumble. Her pictorial credits also include working with stars like Adriana Sage, Jenna Jameson, Jelena Jensen and Aria Giovanni.
In 2003, she was named "Penthouse Pet of the Year" and starred in the video Penthouse Pets in Paradise alongside Tera Patrick and Kyla Cole. In 2005 Adam & Eve appointed her as their West Coast Internet Sales Representative.
That same year, Leone signed a three-year contract with Vivid Entertainment with which she transitioned into the world of hardcore pornography, stating that she would only do lesbian scenes. Her first movie released was titled Sunny and was released in December 2005. Her next movie, Virtual Vivid Girl Sunny Leone, was the first interactive title for Leone, who was the first Vivid Girl to make such a movie. Taking only four days to film, the movie won her her first AVN Award (Best Interactive DVD). She followed this with Sunny Loves Cher, which featured her first on-screen squirting, and The Female Gardner co-starring Mikayla Mendez and Daisy Marie.
Leone's last two movies under her contract with Vivid were It's Sunny in Brazil, which was filmed in Brazil. and The Sunny Experiment also starring Monique Alexander and Brea Lynn. The movies were released in October and December 2007 respectively.
In May 2007, upon re-signing her contract with Vivid for another six films, Leone agreed to perform for the first time with men on camera, but exclusively with her fiancé, Matt Erikson. That summer she also received breast augmentation, and shot her first movie under the new contract titled Sunny Loves Matt. The movie led to her to be nominated for three (out of six) AVN awards in 2009 in addition to being a choice for Female Performer of the Year. She followed up her first boy-girl title with The Other Side of Sunny in October 2008, which would be the last time she would perform with Erikson.
In January 2008, Leone revealed that she was no longer exclusive to Erikson, and had done scenes with other actors, most notably Tommy Gunn, Charles Dera, James Deen and Voodoo. In 2009, Vivid released her only movie performing with other male actors titled "Sunny B/G Adventure". Her final release under contract with Vivid – "Undress Me", once again made her exclusive to performing with just one male actor-Daniel Webber.
In August 2009, she announced the launch of her own studio, Sunlust Pictures, with Daniel Weber as her partner. With her new venture Leone plans to write, direct and create her own brand of adult movies with Vivid Entertainment as her distributor. Her first independent production, The Dark Side of the Sun, was released in March 2009, and was debuted at the Erotic Heritage Museum in Las Vegas. In June 2009, she held a casting call in Las Vegas for her second independent production titled Sunny Slumber Party (released September 2009).She followed up with three other self produced features Gia Portrait of a Porn Star (2010) which was nominated for multiple AVN awards, Roleplay (2011) and Goddess (2012) which featured her first anal sex scene.
No longer exclusive to Vivid, Leone has started working with other studios and performers since 2009. She has managed to leverage her online popularity by striking deals with firms like PPPcard, AdultPokerParty.com, Brickhouse, Flirt4Free, Totemcash and Imlive to sell and distribute her content over the internet and other media. She won the "Web Babe of the Year" at the 2008 Xbiz Awards. Her websites and business interests are run under her banner company Leone L.L.C. She indicated in an April 2012 interview that 80 per cent of the traffic on her website, and 60 per cent of her revenue comes from India.
In addition to her film career, Leone has been part of the Vivid Comedy Tour, and has modelled for the Vivid Footwear collection. Leone has also participated in events like the Vivid/ClubJenna Lingerie Bowl and Vivid's Hot Rod Night. Doc Johnson launched a pocket pal in 2006 moulded to her vagina, and in 2008 released the Sunny Leone Exciter vibrator. Control MFG currently uses Leone's image along with other Vivid girls to market their line of skateboards. She is paired with Gab Ekoe, one of the Team Control riders. She also indicated that she plans to launch her own line of lingerie and other Sunny-branded products including a diamond jewellery line.
In September 2009, an iPhone application consisting of a collection of non-nude photos, some videos and a porn star-penned blog was approved by Apple for sale in the iTunes store, making it the first officially sanctioned application featuring a porn star. By February 2010, the app had been removed by Apple from the store.
Leone was voted number 13 (up from number 41 in 2007) on Genesis magazine's "Top 100 Porn stars" list, number 34 on Desiclubs.com's Top 50 Coolest Desis of 2004, and one of the "40 under 40" ranking on AVN Online magazine. In 2010, she was named by Maxim as one of the 12 top female stars in porn. She was voted number 82 in the Top 99 Women for 2012 in AskMen.com's list.
Leone's first mainstream appearance was in 2005, when she was a red carpet reporter for the MTV Awards on MTV India. She has also had a cameo in the film The Girl Next Door, performed in Ja Rule's video Livin' It Up and a video for Kidd Skilly. Other credits include E!'s "Wild On!" and the Sundance Film Festival's 'After Dark'. Leone was a contestant in the second season of the Fox reality show My Bare Lady 2: Open for Business, in which a group of adult actresses were given classes and training on how to pitch investment ideas and competed for success in the business world. In addition to filming her scene for Debbie Does Dallas in 2007, Leone was also part of a Showtime documentary of the same name detailing the production of the movie and the personal lives of its stars.
She has indicated that for the right price she would seriously consider a career in Bollywood. She has been courted by Indian directors in the past but has felt uncomfortable with the roles that she would have played. Director Mohit Suri reportedly asked Leone to play the lead role in his film Kalyug, but instead cast Deepal Shaw as he could not afford Leone's $1 million acting fee. She has mentioned that Aamir Khan is her favorite Bollywood actor, and that over 60% of her fans are from South Asia.
In 2008, Leone announced that she would be starring in a mainstream action adventure movie titled Pirates Blood, which was shot in Oman. The shooting was completed in two weeks and was to be released in winter 2008. Leone also landed a role in Middle Men, producer Chris Mallick's indie feature about the birth of the online porn industry set for wide theatrical release in 2009.
Leone has made appearances at events such as the 2002 SEMA International Auto Salon, the 2002 Extreme Autofest Pomona and the 2006 World Series of Poker in Las Vegas. Sunny has also been the hostess at events in clubs like the Mansion in Miami and the Highlands in Hollywood.
In 2005, she was mentioned in Forbes magazine for a story on Vivid Entertainment. Leone has also been featured in mainstream publications like FHM, Front and Jane magazine. In 2007, along with the other Vivid Girls, she was seen in a 48' high holiday Billboard in Times Square at W. 48th Street and Seventh Avenue. Leone is also one of the Penthouse Pets who appears in the PlayStation Portable game Pocket Pool. She was also featured in a coffee table book titled Naked Ambition: An R Rated Look at an X Rated Industry by Michael Grecco.
In 2004, she was part of "No More Bush Girls", in which she and several other popular adult actresses shaved off their pubic hair in protest of the Bush presidency. In May 2008, she shot a promotional video for Declare Yourself, a nonprofit, nonpartisan voter registration campaign targeting 18-to-29-year-olds. She indicated that Barack Obama would be her choice in the 2008 U.S. election, primarily because she felt he was more business friendly to the adult industry than his opponent John McCain. She also released a public service announcement on behalf of the ASACP, reminding adult webmasters to protect their sites from children by having an RTA label on it.
Leone has a strong interest in health and fitness, and has been featured in several mainstream fitness publications. Leone has modelled fitness clothing for the sports brand Fantasy Fitness and shared that she keeps her body in shape by working out as much as she can despite her busy schedule and as quoted in Men's Fitness magazine, "I try to eat very healthy – lots of vegetables, drinking my milk every day."
In 2011, she participated in the Indian reality series Bigg Boss, entering the house on day 49. However she refused to divulge her porn star status, and replied to fellow house-mate Pooja Bedi that she was a model and a TV star in America for the last ten years or so. It was reported that she has caused a stir in the larger populace with her Twitter feed gaining 8,000 new followers in just 2 days and Google saying searches for her experienced a "breakout". There have also been complaints lodged with the Indian Ministry of Information and Broadcasting alleging that the Colors TV channel is promoting pornography by having Leone appear on the show; among those who have filed are the Indian Artistes and Actors Forum and Anurag Thakur, member of Lok Sabha and head of the Bharatiya Janata Party's youth wing.
During her stay in the Bigg Boss house, Sunny was approached by Bollywood film-maker Mahesh Bhatt who entered the house briefly to offer her the lead role in Jism 2 (the sequel to the 2003 film Jism). She accepted it, which resulted in Pooja Bhatt's production house, Fish Eye Network and Leone's agent discussing the movie further. The first look of the film Jism 2 was released anticipating her entry in Bollywood. Jism 2 was released on August 3, 2012, to weak critical reception but was commercially successful collecting almost US$5.7 million. Sunny Leone signed her second Bollywood film which is Ekta Kapoor's Ragini MMS sequel, "Ragini MMS 2". Ragini MMS, a crossover horror movie was one of the most talked about sleeper hits of 2011. Sunny Leone featured in an item number in the Sanjay Gupta and Ekta Kapoor's 2013 film Shootout at Wadala. She further started filming for Kaizad Gustad's Jackpot in which she plays a femme fatale. Jackpot released on 13 December 2013 and was panned by critics but Leone was praised for her performance. A review from Bollywood Life compared her to Katrina Kaif and opined, "Sunny Leone reminds us of Katrina Kaif only a decade ago, but an aged version. Ms Leone would fare better than the superstar as far as the expressions and dialogue delivery departments are concerned even today". She found additional support in Bollywood from actor Abhay Deol who stated in an interview that "I hope more porn stars come in to our industry as it fits in very well".
Her first release of 2014 was the much anticipated horror film Ragini MMS 2, which proved to be a major box-office hit. Leone's performance received all round praise with critic Mohar Basu calling her work a "revelation". Critic Taran Adarsh also noted that Leone," carries off her character with supreme confidence" In November 2013, she had confirmed that she would make her Tamil film debut in Vadacurry which released in May 2014 and featured her in a special appearance. She next appeared in the item number Pink Lips for the film Hate Story 2, which became a hit. After giving a hit number Pink Lips, she appeared once again in a catchy tune Shake That Booty opposite Mika Singh from his film Balwinder Singh Famous Ho Gaya. It was well appreciated by the critics. She made her acting debut in the Telugu film industry by appearing in a Cameo in Current Theega opposite Manchu Manoj and Rakul Preet Singh. She played a school teacher and also appeared in one song.
After the huge success of Ragini MMS 2, Leone was signed on for several projects. She has completed filming for the action thriller Tina and Lolo in which she is playing lead along with Karishma Tanna, to be produced by PEN India. She has also completed filming for Milap Zaveri's sex comedy Mastizaade alongside Tushar Kapoor and Vir Das, which will be releasing in first quarter of 2015.She is currently filming for Bobby Khan's musical Leela, in which she will play a princess. Jay Bhanushali will appear in pivotal role. She has also started filming for the "dramedy" Kuch Kuch Locha Hai earlier titled as Patel Rap co-starring Ram Kapoor for which she is shooting in Kuala Lampur, Malaysia, and a film entitled Tera Beimaan Love in which she will play a modern women which will emphasise on gender inequality, and will be directed by Jasmine D'Souza. Leone will also appear in item song Seshamma Bagilu Tegiyamma in Prem's Kannada film DK, which will be her debut in Kannada film industry .
She has given her nod to appear in the third installment of female oriented Hate Story, Hate Story 3.
Being flooded with film offers, she has also signed to appear in One Night Stand and will portray the role of Jane in the remake of 1983 film Tarzan.
In June 2006, Leone became an American citizen, but plans to remain a dual citizen of Canada. On 14 April 2012, Leone announced that she was now a resident of India  explaining in an interview to The New Indian Express that she was an Overseas Citizen of India and that she was eligible for overseas citizenship because her parents lived in India. She applied for it prior to filming Jism 2.
Although bisexual, she has stated that she prefers men. Leone was engaged to Matt Erikson, a vice-president of marketing at Playboy Enterprises but they broke up in 2008. Sunny Leone had dated stand-up comedian Russell Peters for a brief period in 2008. She mentioned in an interview at the start of 2011 that she was married to Daniel Weber. During her stay in the Bigg Boss house later that same year, Leone indicated that she had married; Leone said she 'purposely arrived late' to their first date as she was not impressed with him, but he changed her mind by sending 24 roses to her hotel room. She currently resides in Hollywood, California with her cat and drives an Audi A5.
In 2010, Leone's father died of cancer, which he had been first diagnosed with in 1999. In 2011, Leone along with Monique Alexander and Keni Styles ran in the Rock 'n' Roll Los Angeles Half-Marathon to raise money for the American Cancer Society.
A 2008 Eye Weekly article reported that "Leone does her best to maintain a link to Sikh traditions, even if more in theory than in practice. But she's unlikely to disavow her career path due to religion" and that Leone said "Girls will leave the industry claiming that they found God. Well, the fact is, God has always been with them the entire time." In a 2010 interview, she said "It's a community-based religion. You walk into a temple and you're greeted with the utmost respect... But, just like any religion it doesn't want you to shoot adult material. I mean, I grew up going to temple every Sunday. When my parents found out they knew my personality which was very independent. Even if they tried to stop me or tried to steer me the right way they would have lost their daughter. I'm too headstrong. And it wasn't a plan. It just happened and my career and everything just kept getting bigger and bigger."
In her spare time she enjoys abstract paintings, horse riding, reading, playing World of Warcraft, watching The Simpsons and the Discovery Channel. She used to play on a women's soccer league team in California. Her favourite holiday destination is Hawaii, and her favourite cuisine is Italian.
|Denotes films that have not yet been released|
|2013||Shootout at Wadala||Laila||Hindi||Special appearance in song Laila|
|2014||Ragini MMS 2||Sunny Leone||Hindi|
|2014||Vadacurry||Herself||Tamil||Special appearance in song Low Aana Life-u|
|2014||Hate Story 2||Herself||Hindi||Special appearance in song Pink Lips|
|2014||Balwinder Singh Famous Ho Gaya||Herself||Hindi||Special appearance in song Shake That Booty|
|2015||Tina and Lolo||Tina||Hindi||Post-production|
|2015||Mastizaade||Laila Lele/Lily Lele||Hindi||Post-production|
|2015||Kuch Kuch Locha Hain||TBA||Hindi||Filming|
|2004||The Girl Next Door||Herself||English||Cameo appearance|
|2010||The Virginity Hit||Sunny||English|
|2002||Penthouse Video: Virtual Harem||Sunny|
|2003||Deadly Stingers||Hot Tub Hussey|
|2004||Mystique Presents H20hh|
|Busty Cops||Taluca Lake|
|Lingerie: The Secret Art of Seduction||Sunny|
|Alabama Jones and the Busty Crusade||Queen of the Jungle|
|2006||Busty Cops 2||Taluca Lake||Sequel|
|Virtual Vivid Girl Sunny Leone||Sunny Leone|
|Sunny & Cher||Sunny|
|The Female Gardener|
|2007||Debbie Does Dallas... Again||Corky|
|Sunny Loves Matt||Sunny|
|It's Sunny in Brazil|
|The Sunny Experiment|
|2008||The Other Side of Sunny|
|Dark Side of the Sun|
|Descent Into Bondage|
|Costumed Damsels in Distress||Gypsy girl|
|The House of Naked Captives|
|Naughty America 4 Her 6|
|Sunny's Sluber Party||Sunny|
|Sunny's Big Adventure|
|Shut Up and Fuck Me|
|Sunny's Casting Couch: I Wanna Be a Pornstar|
|All Sunny All the Time|
|Sunny Leone Loves HD Porn|
|Sunny Leone Loves HD Porn 2|
|Hocus Pocus XXX||Townsfolk|
|Gia: Portrait of a Porn Star||Gia|
|Not Charlie's Angels XXX||Kelly|
|Sunny & the Suitcase||Sunny||Short|
|Lies: Diary of an Escort|
|Bang Van Blowout with Nick Swardson||Short|
|2012||Sunny Leone: Goddess|
|Sunny Leone: Erotica|
|2013||Charlie's Girl: Georgia Jones|
|2005||MTV Awards||Reporter||MTV India||First mainstream appearance|
|2007||Debbie Does Dallas||Herself||Showtime||Documentary|
|2008||My Bare Lady 2: Open for Business||Contestant||Fox Reality Channel|
|2008||Co-Ed Confidential||Stripper||Cinemax After Dark||Three episodes|
|2011||Bigg Boss 5||Contestant||Colors||Evicted on Day 91|
|2014||Haunted Weekends with Sunny Leone||Host||MTV India|
|2014||Splitsvilla: Season 7||Host||MTV India|
Other media appearances
|2001||Livin' It Up||Dancer||Videoclip||song by Ja Rule|
|2007||Pocket Pool||Penthouse Pet||PlayStation Portable game|
|2008||XBIZ||Web Babe of the Year|
|2010||AVN||Best All-Girl Group Sex Scene|
|Web Starlet of the Year|
|2012||XBIZ||Porn Star Site of the Year||SunnyLeone.com|
|2013||AVN||Crossover Star of the Year (tied with James Deen)|
- "About Me". http://www.sunnyleone.com. Retrieved September 12, 2010.
- "Sunny Leone Becomes Vivid Girl". AVN. 2007-06-20. Retrieved 2007-08-26.
- Weisblott, Marc (July 4, 2008). "Sunny Leone's America". Eye Weekly. Archived from the original on November 19, 2008. Retrieved July 4, 2008.[dead link]
- "Sunny Leone's husband comes to India". Times of India. April 16, 2012. Retrieved October 1, 2012.
- Sunny Leone at the Internet Adult Film Database. Retrieved July 30, 2009.
- "Sunny Leone's real name revealed!". Hindustan Times. Agencies. April 27, 2012. Retrieved 1 April 2014.
- Zakia Uddin (August 8, 2012). "Sunny Leone: 'I'm going to make Bollywood films only' – Bollywood News". Digital Spy. Retrieved August 31, 2012.
- Vickey Lalwani, Mumbai Mirror (August 8, 2013). "People in India are conservative: Sunny Leone". Times Of India. Retrieved August 31, 2013.
- "All You need to know about Sunny Leone". Myluxidream. 21 November 2014.
- Joanne Cachapero (July 30, 2008). "SunnyLeone.com Relaunches with Party This Weekend". AVN. Retrieved July 2, 2008.
- "Ambush Interview #97". Ambush Interview. October 8, 2006. Retrieved October 8, 2006.
- Shawn Alff (August 23, 2010). "Pornstar Sunny Leone on thriving in the wild, wild west of the adult industry". blogs.creativeloafing.com. Retrieved September 11, 2010.
- "Meet the Girl: Sunny Leone". Men's Fitness. February 1, 2007. Retrieved February 1, 2007.
- Sonia M. Kandathil (2007-10-11). "Sunny Leone on life as a desi adult star". Toronto Star. Retrieved 2007-10-26.
- Big D (2006-07-06). "Inside Sunny Leone". XRentDVD. Retrieved 2007-06-07.
- freeones (2007-08-06). "Exclusive Interview with Sunny Leone". freeones. Retrieved 2007-08-06.
- Adult Film Database (2006-06-11). "Adultfilmdatabase Interviews: Sunny Leone Interview – 11/06/2006". AFDB. Retrieved 2006-06-11.
- Eddie Adams (2007-08-28). "Sunny Leone Featured in Cheri". AVN. Retrieved 2007-08-28.
- Mystique Magazine. "Sunny Leone Jpg Pic Image & Video Gallery". Mystique Magazine. Retrieved 2008-08-26.
- Saul Vargas (2003-06-01). "Lowrider Model — Sunny Leone — June 2003 enter fold". Lowrider Magazine. Retrieved 2003-06-01.
- Reinaldo Robinson (2003-11-01). "Lowrider Model — Sunny Leone — November 2003 Center Fold". Lowrider Magazine. Retrieved 2003-11-01.
- modfxmodels.com (2003-06-29). "SUNNY LEONE MODFX COVER MODEL — JULY 2003". modfxmodels.com. Retrieved 2008-08-31.
- suze.net. "Sunny Leone Free Nude Pics:: Official Nude Gallery of Sunny Leone". suze.net. Retrieved 2008-08-31.
- ken marcus. "Sunny Leone Free Fetish Pics". kenmarcus.com. Retrieved 2000-08-07.
- macandbumble.com. "SMacandBumble.com — Sunny Leone, News, Photos...". macandbumble.com. Retrieved 2008-08-31.
- Chip Baker (2005-02-24). "Sunny Leone Joins Adam & Eve Sales Team". AVN. Retrieved 2005-02-24.
- Dan Millar (2005-11-01). "Vivid to Ship Sunny". AVN. Retrieved 2007-07-03.
- AVN (2006-04-05). "Sunny Leone is the First Virtual Vivid Girl". AVN. Retrieved 2006-04-05.
- AVN (2008-02-20). "Vivid Releases It's Sunny in Brazil". AVN. Retrieved 2007-05-10.
- Eddie Adams (2007-12-19). "Sunny Leone Performs The Sunny Experiment". AVN. Retrieved 2007-12-19.
- David Sullivan (2007-05-13). "Sunny Leone Renews Vivid Contract, Will Perform with Men". AVN. Retrieved 2007-05-13.
- Jared Rutter (2007-08-31). "On the Set: Sunny Loves Matt". AVN. Retrieved 2008-03-21.
- AVN (2008-11-25). "NOMINATIONS 2009 AVN Adult Movie Awards" (PDF). AVN. Retrieved 2008-11-25.[dead link]
- Steve Javors (2008-08-22). "Sunny Leone Forms Her Own Studio, SunLust Pictures". XBIZ. Retrieved 2008-08-22.
- Par Gérome Lorenzo (2008-06-26). "Sunny Leone". Hot Video. Retrieved 2008-06-26.
- Houston, Don (December 29, 2009). "Sunny's B/G Adventure". XCritic.
- X, Nelson (June 5, 2009). "Sunny Leone Says 'Undress Me'". AVN.
- Joanne Cachapero (2007-09-11). "Sunny Leone Launches SunLust Pictures With N.Y. Bash". XBIZ. Retrieved 2007-09-11.
- David Sullivan (2009-06-02). "Sunny Leone Shows Her 'Dark Side' in Sin City". AVN. Retrieved 2009-06-06.
- XBIZ (2009-02-06). "Katie.com, Sun Lust Pictures to Hold Casting in Las Vegas". XBIZ. Retrieved 2009-06-03.
- - (December 29, 2010). "13 AVN Award Noms for Sunny Leone, SunLust Pictures, 'Gia'". AVN.
- - (December 23, 2012). "Sunny Leone: Goddess". AVN.
- Jonah P Davies (2006-04-24). "Sunny Leone Signs with PPPcard". AVN. Retrieved 2006-04-24.
- "AdultPokerParty.com Teams with Sunny Leone". AVN. 2006-06-22. Retrieved 2006-06-22.
- Sue Denim (2007-04-19). "Sunny Leone, Brickhouse Mobile Partner". AVN. Retrieved 2007-04-19.
- "Flirt4Free Presents Sunny Leone and Stefani Morgan Live". AVN. 2006-09-05. Retrieved 2006-09-05.
- Stephen Yagielowicz (2008-07-30). "Flash Ads Boost TotemCash Sales". XBIZ. Retrieved 2008-07-30.
- Bianca Fox (2007-07-17). "ImLive Signs Celebrity Porn Star Guests". AVN. Retrieved 2007-07-17.
- xbiz (2008-01-01). "XBIZ Awards — Recognizing Excellence in Adult Entertainment". XBIZ. Retrieved 2008-01-01.
- Nloen, Stephanie (April 7, 2012). "Why this Canadian porn star's past isn't holding her back in Bollywood". theglobeandmail.com. Retrieved September 22, 2012.
- Thomas J Stanton (2006-06-21). "Vivid to Present Comedy Night Next Wednesday". AVN. Retrieved 2006-06-21.
- Peter Warren (2008-02-20). "Vivid Steps Into Footwear". AVN. Retrieved 2008-02-20.
- Thomas J Stanton (2006-01-25). "Vivid/Club Jenna Bowl to Feature Coquette Lingerie Show". AVN. Retrieved 2006-01-25.
- AVN (2006-04-04). "Bike & Hot Rod Night". AVN. Retrieved 2006-04-04.
- Vance Kingsley (2006-12-14). "Doc Johnson, Vivid Launch Sunny Leone and Lacie Heart Pocket Pals". AVN. Retrieved 2007-10-26.
- Bianca Fox (2008-09-17). "Doc Johnson Unveils Briana Banks and Sunny Leone Vivid Girl Toys". AVN. Retrieved 2008-09-17.
- XBIZ (2008-10-14). "Vivid Inks Deal to Introduce Branded Skateboards". XBIZ. Retrieved 2008-10-14.
- JR Raphael (2009-09-23). "Porn Stars Invade the App Store". www.infoworld.com. Retrieved 2009-11-29.[dead link]
- "Apple Approves First Official Porn Star APP for iPhone" (Press release). Grindhouse Mobile. 2009-09-16. Retrieved 2009-11-29.
- Bill Ray (2010-02-23). "Apple strips top shelf, leaves corporate smut in place". www.theregister.co.uk. Retrieved 2010-04-04.
- Genesis Magazine (2007-01-01). "Porn's Hot 100". Genesis. Archived from the original on 2009-02-23. Retrieved 2007-01-01.
- Genesis Magazine (2008-03-11). "2008 Porn's Hot 100". Genesis. Retrieved 2008-03-11.
- Peta Cooper (2004-08-22). "DesiClub.com's Top 50 Coolest Desis of 2004". desiclub.com. Retrieved 2004-08-22.
- AVN (2007-07-01). "AVN Online 40 under 40". AVN. Retrieved 2007-01-07.[dead link]
- "Maxim U.K. Names Top 12 Porn Stars". business.avn.com. 2010-06-18. Retrieved 2011-05-08.
- "Top 99 Women". AskMen.com. 2012. Retrieved June 6, 2012.
- Meghana Keshavan (2007-08-22). "Bollywood nights". Metro Times. Retrieved 2007-08-22.
- AVN (2005-01-01). "Sunny Leone Profile". AVN. Retrieved 2005-01-01.
- David Sullivan (2008-10-07). "Fox Reality Channel Launches 'My Bare Lady 2'". AVN. Retrieved 2008-10-07.
- Steami.net (2008-01-01). "Sunny Leone Talks About Bollywood, Sex & Indian Men". Steami.net. Retrieved 2008-06-06.
- Royal Magazine (2008-01-01). "Sunny Leone". Royal Magazine. Retrieved 2008-06-06.
- Desipowerchat.com. "Kalyug the film Synopsis previews". Desipowerchat.com. Retrieved 2008-06-06.
- "Curry Bear Interviews – #1 Desi Porn Star Sunny Leone". Curry Bear.com. 2008-06-10. Retrieved 2008-06-10.
- "Sunny Leone Photo Gallery & Bio". www.wrestlinginc.com. Retrieved 2010-03-11.
- Peter Warren (2008-04-02). "Sunny Leone to Appear in Bollywood Film". AVN. Retrieved 2008-04-02.
- Jayashree Cine International. "Jayashree Cine International — Services". Gulab Premkumar. Retrieved 2008-09-03.[dead link]
- David Sullivan. "Sunny Leone, Jesse Jane Cast in Mallick's 'Middle Men'". AVN. Retrieved 2008-11-05.
- Christina Radish (2009-10-20). "Exclusive Interview: Sunny Leone is Much More than Just a Pretty Face". www.iesb.net. Archived from the original on 2009-11-11. Retrieved 2009-11-29.
- Corey Hall (2010-09-15). "Metro Times: Movie Review: The Virginity Hit". www.metrotimes.com. Retrieved 2010-09-11.
- pokulator (2007-04-17). "2006 WSOP Updates". pokulator.com. Retrieved 2008-01-23.
- Laurie (2008-08-08). "Adult Superstar Sunny Leone". MiamiBeach411.com. Retrieved 2008-08-08.
- AVN Staff (2008-10-28). "Sunny Leone to Host Club Jenna Halloween Party". AVN. Retrieved 2008-10-28.
- Seth Lubove (2005-12-12). "Obscene Profits". Forbes. Archived from the original on 2010-10-28. Retrieved 2004-08-12.
- Versatile Media Group Inc (2008-09-10). "Sunny Leone Launches Sunlust Pictures". ainews.com. Retrieved 2008-09-10.
- David Sullivan (2007-11-07). "Vivid Places Holiday Billboard In Times Square". AVN. Retrieved 2007-11-07.
- Ryan Rayzer (2008-01-25). "Sunny Leone's Naked Ambition". CW 11 Morning News. Retrieved 2008-01-25.
- Wireless Flash News (2004-10-15). "Porn Stars Shave To Support 'No More Bush' Campaign". Wireless Flash News. Retrieved 2004-10-15.
- David Sullivan (2008-05-27). "Sunny Leone Urges Youth to Vote in Online PSA". AVN. Retrieved 2008-05-27.
- knobbz (2008-09-13). "Metallungies Hollers @ Savanna Samson and Sunny Leone, Interview". metallungies.com. Retrieved 2008-12-25.
- AVN Staff (January 7, 2009). "Sunny Leone RTA PSA to Debut at AVN Awards". AVN. Retrieved January 7, 2009.
- Fantasy Fitness (2009-08-01). "Sunny Leone models with Fantasy Fitness". FantasyFitness.com. Retrieved 2009-08-01.
- Men's Fitness (2009-08-01). "Adult star Sunny Leone loves playing the field". Men's Fitness. Retrieved 2009-08-01.
- "Sunny Leone In New PETA Ad," Asian Image, 15 January 2013.
- "Indo-Canadian porn star to spice up 'Bigg Boss 5'". Indiavision news. November 22, 2011.
- "Sunny Leone enters Bigg Boss in a lehenga". hindustantimes.com. 2011-11-20. Retrieved 2011-11-20.
- "Bigg Boss: Sunny Leone hides her porn star status". http://zeenews.india.com. 2011-11-22. Retrieved 2011-11-22.
- "Canadian porn star Sunny Leone causes stir in India". theprovince.com. 2011-11-24. Retrieved 2011-11-28.
- Ramachandran, Priya (2011-11-22). "Adult star Sunny Leone is trending in India". indiatimes.com. Retrieved 2011-11-28.
- "Sunny Leone most googled in Orissa, Haryana". indiatimes.com. 2011-11-27. Retrieved 2011-11-28. "For a few days the growth in search queries related to Sunny Leone was what Google describes 'breakout'."
- Mawrie, Anthony (2011-11-29). "IAAF files complaint against Colors for Sunny Leone entry". mediamughals.com. Retrieved 2011-12-02.
- Srivastava, Aatish (2011-12-01). "Sunny Leone in 'Bigg Boss': BJP youth wing president seeks action against Colors : Gossip News — India Today". indiatoday.intoday.in. Retrieved 2011-12-02.
- "Sunny Leone says yes to Mahesh Bhatt — Hindustan Times". hindustantimes.com. 2011. Retrieved 2011-12-02.
- "Jism 2 's poster revealed". The Times Of India. January 5, 2012.
- "I haven't made Jism 2 for 100 crore club: Pooja Bhatt". Hindustan Times. Retrieved 7 August 2012.
- "Sunny Leone in Ragini MMS 2". http://www.invectura.com. 2012-04-22. Retrieved 2012-04-22.
- "Sunny Leone goes desi for first item song in Bollywood". Hindustan Times. Retrieved 6 March 2013.
- "Check Out: Sunny Leone in Shootout At Wadala". Bollywood Hungama. Retrieved 6 March 2013.
- "Kaizad Gustad hits the Jackpot". Bollywood Hungama. Retrieved 2 July 2013.
- "Jackpot". Retrieved September 22, 2014.
- "Jackpot movie review: Sunny Leone reminds us of Katrina Kaif in her debut Boom a decade ago!". Retrieved September 22, 2014.
- "Sunny Leone: The Journey So Far…". April 12, 2014. India Opines. Retrieved April 12, 2014.
- "Boxoffice". Retrieved September 22, 2014.
- "Boxoffice". Retrieved September 22, 2014.
- "Movie Review:Ragini Mms 2". Retrieved September 22, 2014.
- "Ragini MMS - 2". Retrieved September 22, 2014.
- "Sunny Leone excited about her Tamil film - Times Of India". Timesofindia.indiatimes.com. 2013-11-26. Retrieved 2013-12-05.
- "Sunny Leone's Pink Lips gets 10 lakhs fans". Patrika Group. 7 July 2014. Retrieved 8 July 2014.
- "First look : Sunny Leone stuns in a sari in Current Theega". The Times of India. Retrieved September 22, 2014.
- "First Look: Sunny Leone & Karishma Tanna sizzle in Tina and Lolo". October 1, 2013. India Today. Retrieved November 28, 2013.
- "First poster of Sunny Leone's sex-comedy Mastizaade out". Retrieved September 22, 2014.
- "Sunny Leone's hot and desi look in Leela". Patrika Group (31 July 2014). Retrieved 31 July 2014.
- "Sunny Leone to be romanced by Ram Kapoor in 'Patel Rap'". The Financial Express. Retrieved September 22, 2014.
- "Sunny Leone to do item number for DK". Patrika Group (5 August 2014). Retrieved 5 August 2014.
- Shaheryar Hafeez (Fall 2005). "Sex and Stardom: Inside the World of a Desi Adult Entertainer". Sapna magazine. Retrieved 2007-08-22.
- "Twitter / SunnyLeone: I have the greatest news today". Twitter.com. Retrieved 2013-11-02.
- "Sunny Leone Now An Indian Citizen - Yahoo Movies India". In.movies.yahoo.com. 2012-04-14. Retrieved 2013-11-02.
- Bansal, Varsha (2012-08-15). "Sunny Leone, about Indian fans". The New Indian Express. Retrieved 2013-11-02.
- "Sunny Leone: Ragini MMS 2 later, house in Mumbai first". daily.bhaskar.com. 2012-08-20. Retrieved 2013-11-02.
- "Triple treat! Sunny Leone will have three releases within the next six months - Entertainment - DNA". Dnaindia.com. Retrieved 2013-12-05.
- "Bigg Boss' Sunny Leone is bisexual, but prefers men". Indiavision news. 2011-11-25.
- Tushar Joshi (2007-10-11). "Sunny Leone’s ex making moolah off her". Times of India. Retrieved 2012-10-26.
- "I want to marry Daniel Weber over and over again: Sunny Leone". India Today. 2007-10-11. Retrieved 2012-10-26.
- "Sunny Leone's ex cashes in on her fame". Hindustan Times. 2007-10-11. Retrieved 2012-10-26.
- Goyal, Samarth (September 2013). "Sunny Leone is a real sweetheart: Russell Peters". Hindustan Times. Retrieved 29 October 2013.
- TNN (September 2013). "Sunny Leone dated comedian Russell Peters?". Times of India. Retrieved 29 October 2013.
- Orange, B. Alan (2011-01-17). "EXCLUSIVE: Sunny Leone Talks The Virginity Hit". movieweb.com. Retrieved 2011-12-24.
- "Sunny Leone breaks hearts by getting 'married' in Bigg Boss house". Indiavision news. 2011-12-03.
- Team, Businessofcinema.com (August 3, 2012). "Sunny Leone's Husband: Proud Of Her Bollywood Debut". Businessofcinema.com. Retrieved August 6, 2012.
- Weisblott, Marc (2009-07-04). "Sunny Leone's America". Eye Weekly. Archived from the original on 2011-07-10. Retrieved 2009-01-20.
- Big D (2005-06-28). "PNN Interview Sunny Leone". Porn News Network. Retrieved 2005-06-28.
- "Interview : Sunny Leone". asianclubguide.com. 2004-08-12. Retrieved 2004-08-12.
- "After Laila and Leela, Sunny Leone shoots new item number for DK". India Today. August 4, 2014. Retrieved 15 November 2014.
- "Sunny Leone prepares for 'Tina And Lolo' - Times Of India". Articles.timesofindia.indiatimes.com. 2013-08-04. Retrieved 2013-11-02.
- "Sunny Leone in a double role with Vir and Tusshar in Mastizaade". Times of India. September 8, 2014. Retrieved 15 November 2014.
- "Sunny Leone's 'Leela' a family drama". Times of India. October 10, 2014. Retrieved 15 November 2014.
- "Sunny Leone, Ram Kapoor starrer Patel Rap retitled as Kuch Kuch Locha Hain". Bollywood Hungama News Network. November 12, 2014. Retrieved November 15, 2014.
- "XBIZ Award Winners". Retrieved September 22, 2014.
- "2010 AVN Award Winners Announced". AVN.com. January 10, 2010. Retrieved January 10, 2010.
- "AVN – 2010 AVN Awards Show — AVN Award Winners for 2010". Avnawards.avn.com. Archived from the original on 2011-07-19. Retrieved 2010-02-22.
- "The F.A.M.E. Awards Reveals 2010 Winners". AVN.com. 2010-07-10. Retrieved 2010-07-11.
- Miller, Dan (2012-01-12). "2012 XBIZ Award Winners Announced". Retrieved 2012-01-22.
-  Retrieved February 17, 2013.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Sunny Leone.|
- Official website
- Sunny Leone at the Internet Movie Database
- Sunny Leone at the Internet Adult Film Database
- Sunny Leone at the Adult Film Database
- Sunny Leone's channel on YouTube