At the 2003 Adult Entertainment Expo
14 September 1982 |
St. Louis, Missouri, United States
|Height||5 ft 7 in (1.70 m)|
|Weight||55 kg (120 lb; 8.7 st)|
|No. of adult films||210 (per IAFD)|
Sunrise Adams (born on September 14, 1982) is a former American pornographic actress, she was awarded multiple awards for her work in the industry after beginning her career in 2001. She was contracted by Vivid Entertainment a year later.
Adams was born in St. Louis, Missouri, and raised in rural East Texas. "I grew up in Pickton, Texas, population 90, with no phone, one TV channel and no one to play with for miles." At age 16, Adams enrolled at a nearby community college to complete her last two years of high school.
Adult film career
Adams left Texas for Los Angeles, and began her career as a pornographic actress. On January 8, 2001, she appeared with Ed Powers in More Dirty Debutantes 186. She later referred to the experience of making that film as "nothing I want to remember".
Adams became popular with fans, and signed a two year contract with Vivid Entertainment in August, 2002, officially becoming a "Vivid Girl". The contract required Adams to appear in eight movies per year for the company.
In 2002, Vivid hired Adams to star in Debbie Does Dallas: The Revenge, with plans for her to star in future films in the series. Vivid representatives considered Adams to be appropriate for the role, because of her blonde hair, her experience with football, and her Texas heritage.
Adams was nominated for Best Actress by AVN in 2003. In 2004, she won the award for Best Oral Sex Scene – Film for Heart of Darkness.
Adams has performed in comedy and made personal appearances. Adams appeared on the cover of the Xbox and PlayStation 2 game, Backyard Wrestling 2: There Goes the Neighborhood, portraying herself, and was a spokeswoman for Pony Sports. Adams appeared in the skateboarding movie Grind.
In 2004, Adams renewed her contract with Vivid for 10 more years. On November 15, 2006 Adams announced that she would return to the adult film industry.
Adams has been featured in two books:
- XXX: 30 Porn-Star Portraits, Bulfinch (October 1, 2004)
- How to Have a XXX Sex Life: The Ultimate Vivid Guide, Regan Books (July 20, 2004))
Adams is also the co-author of:
- The Lust Ranch (ISBN 1560257830)
- Adams on the IAFD". IAFD. Retrieved April 16, 2012
- Hustler, May 2005
- "Lukeisback at the 2003 XRCO Awards". Lukeisback.com. Retrieved 2012-02-26.
- "Interview with AdultDVDEmpire.com". Pornstar.dvdempire.com. Retrieved 2012-02-26.
- Review of Babes in Pornland #02 Teen Babes, mentioning behind-the-scenes interview with Adams
- "SUNRISE ADAMS: An AVNInsider Interview". Web.archive.org. 2003-12-13. Retrieved 2012-02-26.
- David Sullivan (2006-12-17). "Sunrise Adams Rises Again". AVN.com. Retrieved 2010-02-17.
- Anthony, Vito (2006-11-15). "Sunrise Adams Returns to Adult". Xfanz.com. Retrieved 2012-02-26.
- Treasure Island Hotel and Casino website
- Best Sex Ever Episode Guide at epguides.com
- Jared Rutter (2004-01-12). "The 21st Annual AVN Awards: Glamour, Prestige, Fun". AVN. Retrieved 2007-06-05.
- Official website
- Sunrise Adams at the Internet Movie Database
- Sunrise Adams at the Internet Adult Film Database
- Sunrise Adams at the Adult Film Database
- Sunrise Adams Biography in Russian
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Sunrise Adams.|