Sunrise Senior Living
|Headquarters||Tysons Corner, Virginia|
|Revenue||$1.5 Billion USD (2010)|
|Website||American Canadian British|
Sunrise Senior Living, a McLean, Va.-based company, employs more than 29,000 people. As of November 1, 2013, Sunrise operates nearly 300 communities located in the United States, Canada and the United Kingdom, with a unit capacity of approximately 26,400 units. Sunrise offers a full range of personalized senior living services, including independent living, assisted living, care for individuals with Alzheimer's disease and other forms of memory loss, as well as nursing and rehabilitative services. Sunrise's senior living services are delivered by staff trained to encourage the independence, preserve the dignity, enable freedom of choice and protect the privacy of residents.
Awards and recognition
- Sunrise Senior Living communities earned the Environmental Protection Agency’s (EPA) ENERGY STAR ® Certification
- Sunrise Senior Living was awarded “Best Mobile Solution” by Sitecore, a global leader in customer experience management software.
- Sunrise was named a "Best Place to Work" by Washingtonian Magazine in 2001, 2003, and 2005.
- In 2005, Sunrise was placed 930th on the Fortune 1000 list, and 854th in 2006.
New Community Development
Sunrise Senior Living is moving forward with construction on two new communities that will offer Assisted Living and Memory Care programs to seniors and their families. The new communities, Sunrise of Burlingame, Calif., and Sunrise of Dublin, Ohio, are expected to begin serving residents in the summer of 2015.
- Sunrise Senior Living
- Sunrise Quebec
- Sunrise UK
- Sunrise Blog
- Senior Eats
- Sunrise Careers
- Canadian Communities
- Great Places to Work: The List | Work & Family | Washingtonian
- The FORTUNE 500 Index - April 18, 2005
- THE INDEX - April 17, 2006