Sunset Thomas attending the AVN Awards Show at the Palms Casino Resort, Las Vegas, Nevada on January 9, 2010
February 19, 1972 |
|Height||5 ft 8 in (1.73 m)|
|No. of adult films||205 (per IAFD)|
Sunset Thomas (born February 19, 1972) is the stage name of an American pornographic actress; her real first name is Diane. She was runner-up for Penthouse Pet of the Year in 1998 and is a member of the Adult Video News Hall of Fame.
Personal life 
Born in Sikeston, Missouri as one of 11 siblings, Thomas moved around often in her youth with her family, living in various states including Virginia, Georgia, Texas, and Tennessee. She spent her teenage years in Daytona Beach, Florida. In Florida she became something of a wild child, sacrificing school and books for sunning and bikinis on the Florida beaches. She lost her virginity at age 15 and had her first sexual encounter with a girl who was her roommate at age 17.
Adult film career 
Thomas shot her first adult film when she was 18, appearing in Mr. Peeper's 25th Anniversary alongside her husband, Zach, and another man.
She says the name "Sunset" was inspired by a comment of her husband when he said "You know what, honey?...you're pretty as a sunset"; the name Thomas popped up when she was thinking of a good last name to go with it.
2002 saw Thomas speaking publicly about her sex life in the HBO documentary series entitled Cathouse, and in 2003, she appeared in its sequel. She worked as a prostitute at the Moonlite BunnyRanch, and according to Dennis Hof made $2000 a night.
In 2005, Thomas was featured in the documentary Pornstar Pets and made an appearance on Maury, in which she encountered a crush from her middle school days. The episode was titled 'I Was An Ugly Teen... Now I'm a Hot, Sexy 10!'. In 2006, Thomas obtained her own show on KSEX radio called Sunset After Sunset. In 2007, she appeared on the Montel Williams Show to discuss her porn career and being a mother.
In April 2009 Thomas released her erotic fiction novel, Anatomy of an Adult Film, which was largely a fictionalized account of her adult film career.
- "Sunset Thomas". IAFD.com. Retrieved 2010-02-17.
- Antonio Santiago (2008-11-15). "A Reliable Source Special Interview: Star of Cathouse Sunset Thomas". ringsidereport.com. Retrieved 2008-11-16.[dead link]
- Richard Abowitz (2006-04-27). "Sunset Thomas and I Bond Over Vegas". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved 2008-08-30.
- Rick Sandack. "Making Hooker History: Porn Star Sunset Thomas Puts Out At The Bunnyranch Brothel". bunnyranch.com. Retrieved 2008-08-30.
- Rick Sandack. "Making Hooker History: Porn Star Sunset Thomas Puts Out At The Bunnyranch Brothel (page 2)". bunnyranch.com. Archived from the original on 2001-06-26. Retrieved 2008-08-30.
- Max Gunner (2003). "An Interview with Porn Star Sunset Thomas". institutionalized.net. Retrieved 2008-08-30.
- David Sullivan (2006-12-17). "Sunrise Adams Rises Again". AVN.com. Retrieved 2010-02-17.
- Cliff Kincaid (2002-12-19). "Shame on Fox News". Accuracy in Media. Retrieved 26 March 2011.
- Kurt Soller (2009-12-08). "Ask a Porn Star: Could Tiger Really Have Slept with Holly Sampson & Joslyn James?". Esquire. Retrieved 26 March 2011.
- "Sunset Thomas Writes Erotic Fiction Based on Adult Career". AVN. 2009-05-18. Retrieved 2009-08-09.
- "XRCO Announces 2010 Nominees". AVN.com. 2010-03-04. Retrieved 2010-03-04.
- Interview at LukeIsBack.com
- Interview on Striptaculous.com May 2009
- Sunset Thomas at the Internet Movie Database
- Sunset Thomas at the Internet Adult Film Database
- Sunset Thomas at the Adult Film Database
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to: Sunset Thomas|