Sunshine City, Ma On Shan
||This article includes a list of references, related reading or external links, but its sources remain unclear because it lacks inline citations. (June 2009)|
residential towers of Sunshine City (Phase 4)
|Literal meaning||new harbour city|
Sunshine City (Chinese: 新港城) is the name of a private development in the town centre of Ma On Shan in the Sha Tin District of Hong Kong. It was developed by Henderson Land Development, and contains a series of high-rise residential tower blocks and a series of shopping arcades. The largest, Sunshine City Plaza, has nowadays become the centre of Ma On Shan.
The residential buildings of Sunshine City, containing in excess of 5,000 residential units, were constructed in five phases during the 1990s. The majority of units are between 40 and 60 square metres. Each phase was built together with a shopping arcade. Phase 5 is also known as Tolo Place (海濤居).
The shopping centres for phases 1 to 3 are relatively small. "Sunshine City Plaza" (新港城中心), the shopping arcade built with phase 4, is by far the largest, and has retail floor space of in excess of 175,000 square metres (1,880,000 sq ft). "Sunshine Bazaar" (新港城廣場) is the name given to Phase 5 of the mall.
Location and access
Ma On Shan Town Centre bus terminus is located underneath Sunshine City Plaza. Ma On Shan Station of the MTR Ma On Shan Line was opened in 2004, and is connected to Sunshine City Plaza by a footbridge. The resulting improvement in transport has been an important factor for the increase in the number of visitors to Sunshine City Plaza.
- 40X- Wu Kai Sha Station ↔ Kwai Chung Estate
- 85C- Ma On Shan Town Centre ↔ Hung Hom Ferry
- 85K- Heng On ↔ Sha Tin Station
- 85M- Kam Ying Court ↺ Wong Tai Sin
- 85X- Ma On Shan Town Centre → Hung Hom Ferry (Rush Time Service)
- 86C- Lee On ↔ Cheung Sha Wan
- 86K- Kam Ying Court ↔ Sha Tin Station
- 86S- Kam Ying Court ↔ Sha Tin Station (Rush Time Service)
- 86X- Lee On ↔ Cheung Sha Wan (Rush Time Service)
- 87D- Kam Ying Court ↔ Hung Hom Station
- 87K- University Station ↺ Kam Ying Court
- 87S- Kam Ying Court/University Station ↺ University Station/Kam Ying Court (Rush Time Service)
- 89D- Wu Kai Sha Station ↔ Lam Tin Station
- 89P- Ma On Shan Town Centre → Lam Tin Station (Rush Time Service)
- 274P- Wu Kai Sha Station → Tai Po Industrial Estate (Rush Time Service)
- 286M- Ma On Shan Town Centre ↺ Diamond Hill Station
- 299- Sai Kung ↔ Sha Tin Town Central
- 885- Lee On ↔ Sha Tin Racecourse (Race Day Service)
- N281- Hung Hom Station ↔ Kam Ying Court (Midnight Service)
- A41P- Airport (Ground Transportation Centre) ↔ Ma On Shan Yiu On
- N42- Tung Chung Station ↔ Ma On Shan Yiu On (Midnight Service)
- Cross Harbour Tunnel Bus
- 680- Lee On ↔ Admiralty (East)
- 680A- Lee On → Admiralty (East) (Rush Time Service)
- 680P- Ma On Shan Town Centre → Admiralty (East) (Rush Time Service)
- 680X- Lee On ↔ Central (Macau Ferry) (Rush Time Service)]
- 681- Ma On Shan Town Centre ↔ Central (Hong Kong Station)
- 682- Lee On ↔ Chai Wan (East)
- N680- Kam Ying Court ↔ Central (Macau Ferry) (Midnight Service)
- New Town Plaza - A major shopping mall in Sha Tin District of the same high standard as the fashion malls in other areas of Hong Kong.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Sunshine City, Hong Kong.|