Suntree is a planned unincorporated community in Brevard County, Florida, United States. It is located near the center of the county, off I-95 near Viera between Interstate 95 and the Florida East Coast Railroad. It lies approximately halfway between Rockledge and Melbourne.
Suntree is part of the Palm Bay–Melbourne–Titusville Metropolitan Statistical Area.
Suntree is located at 28°13′46″N 80°54′05″W / 28.22944°N 80.90139°WCoordinates: 28°13′46″N 80°54′05″W / 28.22944°N 80.90139°W While it is located north of Melbourne, it uses a Melbourne, Florida postal address.
On January 9, 2010, a storm during a cold snap brought mostly rain, but it later changed into sleet and then to snow. The snow was light, and there was no accumulation.
- The Sun also a bi-weekly newspaper, serves Suntree and the surrounding areas, including Palm Shores.
- Hometown News is the bi-weekly local newspaper that serves Suntree/Viera.
- WFHA-LP is a low-powered radio station serving the community, with transmitter/studio facilities in Windover Farms of Melbourne.
- Major General Frederick C. Blesse, the sixth ranking fighter pilot of all time. Lived in Country Walk.
- Cecil Fielder and Prince Fielder 1998-2000. Father and son professional baseball players. They lived in a mansion on Jordan Blass Drive.