Super 18 Model S18-180
|National origin||United States|
|Developed from||Piper PA-18|
|Variants||Dakota Cub Super 18|
Design and development
The Super 18-180 is a strut-braced, high-wing monoplane with conventional landing gear. The fuselage is constructed with welded steel tubing with aircraft fabric covering. The design is based on the Piper PA-18 with improvements. These include a wide cabin, slotted leading edges and enlarged flaps.
The Super 18-180 was FAA type certificated in 2009.
- Dakota Cub Super 18
- Dakota Cub is operated as a separate company building the experimental homebuilt variant of the Super 18 series.
Specifications (Super 18-180)
Data from Super 18 LLC
- Crew: 1
- Capacity: 1
- Empty weight: 1,250 lb (567 kg)
- Gross weight: 2,300 lb (1,043 kg)
- Powerplant: 1 × Lycoming O-360-C4P Horizontally Opposed Piston, 180 hp (130 kW)
- Stall speed: 45 kn; 84 km/h (52 mph)
- Rate of climb: 712 ft/min (3.62 m/s)
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Super 18 Model S18.|