Super DIRTcar Series
A 2007 Big Block DIRTcar Modified
|Country||Northeastern United States, Canada|
|Engine suppliers||467 cubic inch big block|
|Official website||Super DIRTcar Series|
The Super DIRTcar Series is a modified racing touring series in the United States. It races primarily in the Northeastern United States with a few dates in the Midwestern United States, Florida, and Canada. The Super DIRTcar Series in the Northeast has many primary sponsors and partners including Hoosier Racing Tire, VP Racing Fuels, Chevy Performance Parts, NAPA Auto Parts, and Safety-Kleen.
The series is sanctioned by World Racing Group (DIRT Motorsports Inc.). World Racing sanctions sprint car racing for the World of Outlaws, dirt late model racing in the World of Outlaws Late Model Series, and 467 cubic inch big block modified racing in the Super DIRTcar Series which produce 650-800 horsepower. It sanctions over 4000 races per year under the UMP DIRTcar banner and it owns seven speedways. 
The premiere event in the series is the Super DIRT Week at the New York State Fairgrounds in Syracuse, New York. From 2004 until 2012 the feature event (the Syracuse 200) was televised on SPEED. In 2013 Super DIRT Week was moved to CBS Sports Newtwork. The 1980 race was televised live on ESPN, the 1985 event was televised live on TNN, and the entire Super Dirt Series was televised live on Empire Sports Net from mid-1996 until late 1999. Every Super Dirt Week since 1980 has been shown on cable television. The feature event pays $50,000 to the winner.
Other high-profile events include; Mr. Dirt Track USA which is hosted at Lebanon Valley Speedway which pays $17,500 to win; the Eastern States 200, run at Orange County Fair Speedway, which pays $20,000 to win. The Series champion is crowned each year at the season finale, The DIRTcar World Finals at the Dirt Track at Charlotte.
Champions By Year
|1997||Danny Johnson / Brett Hearn|
Rookie of the Year Winners
|2000||Jeff Brownell Jr|
All-Time Win List
79 drivers have won at least 1 event
- Most career wins: Brett Hearn (116)
- Most DIRTcar titles: Brett Hearn (8)
- Most wins in a season: 10 (Brett Hearn 2002, Billy Decker 2008)
- Consecutive wins: 3 (Alan Johnson 2002 & 1983, Danny Johnson 1989, Brett Hearn 2001, Billy Decker 2008, Matt Sheppard 2009)
- Most seasons with at least 1 win: Brett Hearn (28)
- Consecutive seasons with at least one win: 17 (Danny Johnson & Brett Hearn)
- Different track wins: Danny Johnson (30)
- "Rite Aid Corporation Partners With World Racing Group For Premier 2008 Events in Charlotte and Syracuse". The Auto Channel. Retrieved 2008-10-09.
- "Advance Auto Parts Partners with World Racing Group's Super DIRTcar Series For 10th Consecutive Season". Business Wire. 2007-11-19. Retrieved 2008-10-08.
- "UMP Gets Showcase Event". National Speed Sport News. Retrieved 2008-10-08.[dead link]
- "Corporate America Shares in the Success of World Racing Group's Super DIRT Week XXXVI and UMP DIRTcar Championships". Business Wire. 2007-10-11. Retrieved 2008-10-09.
- Super DIRTcar Series Champions by Year
- Rookie of the Year Winners
- All-Time SuperDIRT Series Wins List
- Super DIRT Series Statistics