Super Show Tour
|Super Junior The 1st Asia Tour - "Super Show"|
Promotional poster for Super Show
|Tour by Super Junior|
|Associated album||Don't Don|
|Start date||22 February 2008|
|End date||7 March 2009|
|Shows||5 in South Korea
1 in Thailand
4 in China
10 in total
|Super Junior tour chronology|
Super Junior The 1st ASIA TOUR - "Super Show" was the 2008 to 2009 Asia-wide live concert tour by the South Korean boy band, Super Junior. The tour commenced five months after the release of the group's second studio album, Don't Don. The concert covers most songs from the group's first two studio albums, including their hit single, "U," and also subgroup hits from Super Junior-K.R.Y., Super Junior-T, and Super Junior-M. The tour kicked off with three stops in South Korea and expanded its routes to Thailand and China.
The Super Show Tour is the first Asia-wide concert tour by Super Junior since their debut in November 2005. The tour was first announced in January, four months after the release of their second studio album, Don't Don. 13,000 tickets for the concert in Seoul, South Korea were placed for auction online on January 22, 2008. As soon as the auction began at 5:00 PM, over 120,000 fans simultaneously loaded onto the site and crashed the server. As soon as the server was back in commission, all 13,000 tickets were sold out in 18 minutes. A second ticket auction occurred on January 28 at 8:00 PM for the remaining seats and was just as successful. Due to the success of the sales, he organizers decided to add an extra show on February 22, and the corresponding tickets were all sold out in five minutes.
The tour reached Bangkok, Thailand on July 12, 2008 and Shanghai on November 22, 2008. A portion of the tickets for Shanghai's concert were scalped for over ¥7 thousand. Two encore concerts were held in Seoul on the first weekend of January 2009 and two weeks later, the concert was held in Nanjing, China. Super Junior became the first Korean artist to hold a solo concert in Nanjing, having their tickets being scalped for ¥6 thousand. The Super Show Tour also broke the record for being the first concert ever in China to have a "standing" stage.
Super Show was also expected to tour Hong Kong, Taipei, Taiwan, and Tokyo, Japan, but due to schedule conflicts, the tour was unable to go to those cities. The last stop for Super Show was in Chengdu, China in March 2009.
Opening acts and special appearances 
Zhang Liyin was the opening act for the last Super Show concert in Chengdu on March 7, 2009, singing "I Will" and "The Left Shore of Happiness." X-Mas of TRAX was also the guest performer of the last Super Show, playing the guitar for Heechul's solo performance, "Crazy." Super Junior-M member Henry performed the violin bridge of "Don't Don" of every show, and along with Zhou Mi, performed with the rest of Super Junior-M in the China tour stops.
Set list 
The following list is a list of songs covered at the tour, not in any order.
- "TWINS (Knock Out)"
- "Rock this house"
- "Don't Don" (ft. Henry Lau)
- "A Man In Love" (Remix)
- "She's gone"
- "You're my endless love"
- "Dancing Out"
- "Hate U, Love U"
- "Marry U"
- "Wonder Boy"
- "First Snow"
- "The girl is mine"
- "Full of Happiness"
- "Way for love"
Sub-unit performances 
The following is a list of small group performances covered at the tour, arranged in order.
Super Junior-K.R.Y 
- "The Night Chicago Died"
- "Steps to stop"
- "Just You"
Super Junior-T 
- "First Express"
- "Don't Go Away/There's No One Like Me/Is There Nothing Left Of Me"
- "First Express" (Remix)
Super Junior-M 
- Henry violin solo (China only)
- "Me" (China only)
- "At Least There's Still You" (China only)
- "Love Song" (China only)
- "My Everything" - Donghae - (originally by 98 Degrees)
- "The First Impression" - Kyuhyun (Ryeowook piano accompaniment)
- "A Doll" - Leeteuk and Yesung duet
- "Crying Nut" & "Luxemburg" - Kang-In feat. Leeteuk, Shindong (Sungmin electric guitar and Siwon drums accompaniment)
- "H.I.T" - Yesung, Kang-In, Sungmin, Donghae, Ryeowook, Kyuhyun
- "One Love" - Eunhyuk, Kyuhyun, Ryeowook, Yesung
- "SexyBack" - Han Geng, Shindong, Eunhyuk, Donghae
- "Pink Spider" - Heechul (Sungmin electric guitar and Siwon drums accompaniment)
- "Crazy" - Heechul (Sungmin electric guitar, Siwon drums, and X-mas guitar accompaniment) (Chengdu stop only)
- Organizers: SM Entertainment
- Promoters: DREAM MAKER ENTERCOM, CREAZONE
- Oversea organizers: True Music (Thailand)
Tour dates 
|February 22, 2008||Seoul||South Korea||Olympic Fencing Gymnasium|
|February 23, 2008|
|February 24, 2008|
|July 12, 2008||Bangkok||Thailand||Impact Arena|
|November 22, 2008||Shanghai||China||Shanghai Grand Stage|
|January 3, 2009 (encore)||Seoul||South Korea||Olympic Fencing Gymnasium|
|January 4, 2009 (encore)|
|January 17, 2009||Nanjing||China||Nanjing Olympic Sports Center Gymnasium|
|January 18, 2009|
|March 7, 2009||Chengdu||Chengdu Longquan Yangguang City Stadium, (Chengdu Longquanyi Football Stadium)|
- (Korean) 슈퍼주니어 서울 시작으로 첫 아시아투어 January 10, 2008. Retrieved February 5, 2008.
- (Korean) 슈주 데뷔 3년만에 첫 콘서트 예매 18분만에 매진! 서버도 마비소동! January 23, 2008. Retrieved January 23, 2008.
- (Korean) Super Show 2차 티켓오픈 안내 Retrieved January 24, 2008.
- (Korean) 슈퍼주니어, 첫 단독콘서트 1회 공연 추가 February 5, 2008. Retrieved February 5, 2008.
- (Korean) 슈퍼주니어 첫 콘서트에 눈물바다 "콘서트는 감동이다" February 24, 2008. Retrieved February 24, 2008.
- "SuJu's Shanghai Super Show, tickets resold up to $1,540,000 won". Asiaeconomy (in Korean). 2008-11-23. p. 1. Retrieved 2008-11-23.
- "Super Junior, Encore Seoul concert in January". Newsen (in Korean). 2008-11-18. p. 1. Retrieved 2008-11-20.
- "Super Junior breaks concert records in Nanjing". Edaily (in Korean). 2008-01-19. p. 1. Retrieved 2009-01-19.
- "Super Junior holds encore concert in Seoul". CBS (in Korean). 2009-01-04. p. 1. Retrieved 2008-01-05.
- (Korean) DREAM MAKER ENTERCOM,
- (Korean) SM Entertainment Official Site
- (Korean) Super Junior Official Site
- (Chinese) Super Junior Official Chinese Site
- (Korean) Super Junior-T Official Site
|This music event–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|