Super Skweek is a puzzle video game developed and published by the French company Loriciel. The game was released on multiple platforms in the early 1990s and then in 2013 had another release for the mobile phone and tablet market.
The player plays the Super Skweek, an orange-furred creature of unknown origin. Under the command of the King, the player has to move over blue tiles in order to repaint them pink, fighting off the monster invasion in doing so. There are five islands, each consisting of 50 levels.
Some levels contain various monsters roaming around, and certain special tiles such as slippery tiles, explosive tiles, floating tiles and tiles which move the player in a certain direction. There are also coins to collect in order to buy prizes at the shop such as bombs or other improved powers.
The game Skweek is similar to Super Skweek. Skweek has to walk over all of the blue tiles in the 99 levels in order to turn them pink. The levels contain various monsters and special tiles and there are a variety of power-ups to combat these, including a shield and a freeze gun. There are also mystery power-ups which may hinder the player, for example by turning pink tiles walked over back to blue.
It is possible to exit levels early by collecting the 4 teddy bears. These are coloured red, blue, yellow and green and occasionally appear on a tile. In addition to completing the current level, a bonus of 5 lives is won when all 4 are collected. If the same bear is collected twice, it is lost.
- 1989 - Skweek
- Released as "Slider" (1991) in United States
- 1991 - Super Skweek
- 1992 - Tiny Skweek
- 1994 - Fury of the Furries
- 2013 - Skweek (iPhone / iPad / iPod Touch)
For the Atari Lynx version of the game French magazine Consoles Plus gave a score of 97%. On atariarchives.org Robert Jung gave the game a score of 7.5 out of 10. For the Amiga version Amiga Action gave Super Skweek 82%.
- "Slider (Sega Game Gear) - VGDB: The Video Game Database". VGDB. VGDB. Retrieved 19 October 2014.
- "Super Skweek". Consoles Plus (in French) (April, 1992): 136. Retrieved January 30, 2013.
- Robert Jung (April 6, 1992). "LYNX: Super Skweek". atariarchives.org. Retrieved January 30, 2013.
- "Super Skweek". Amiga Action (August 1991): 98. Retrieved January 30, 2013.