From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A supercollider is a high energy particle accelerator. The term may refer to:
- The Superconducting Super Collider, planned 80 km particle collider project in Texas, cancelled in 1993
- The Tevatron, a circular particle accelerator in Illinois, which ran between 1983 and September 2011. It was the highest-energy particle beam collider in the world until the Large Hadron Collider began operation in 2008.
- The Large Hadron Collider, which began operations in September 2008
- The Super Large Hadron Collider, a proposed upgrade to the Large Hadron Collider
- The Very Large Hadron Collider, a hypothetical future hadron collider with no target date
- Tera-Large Electron-Positron Collider, a hypothetical 80 km future electron-positron collider to be based at CERN as an alternative to a future linear collider
Supercollider may also refer to:
- SuperCollider, programming language released in 1996 for audio synthesis
- Super Collider (band), an electronic and soul-revivalist musical group formed in 1998
- Supercollider, character in the 2002 Freedom Force videogame
- Supercollider, 2002 show by Keith Tyson at the South London Gallery
- A song by Fountains of Wayne
- "Supercollider (song)", a 2011 song by Radiohead
- Super Collider, a 2013 album by the band Megadeth, and also the album's title track
- Supercollider, a 2013 film
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.