From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Supernumerary is an adjective which means "exceeding the usual number".
When used as a noun, supernumerary means a temporary employee, additional society member, or extra manpower.
Other usage of supernumerary includes:
- Supernumerary actor, a performer in a film, television show, or stage production who has no role or purpose other than to appear in the background, more commonly referred to as an "extra."
- Supernumerary body part, most commonly a congenital disorder involving the growth of an additional part of the body and a deviation from the body plan
- Supernumerary rainbow, interference effects inside the arc of the primary bow
- Jewish Supernumerary Police, Jewish Supernumerary Police set up by the British in Mandate Palestine in 1936
- Small supernumerary marker chromosome, an extra, 47th autosomal chromosome called a small supernumerary marker chromosome (sSMC)
- Supernumerary categories, in gender studies, refer to gender categories other than male and female
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.