Supinfocom (école SUPérieure d'INFOrmatique de COMmunication, roughly University of Communication Science) is a computer graphics university with campuses in Valenciennes, Arles (France) and Pune (India).
Founded in 1988 in Valenciennes, the school offers a five-year course leading to a diploma of digital direction (certified Level I). A second campus in Arles opened in 2000, while a third one opened in 2008 in Pune, India.
In November 2007, the school was ranked #1 worldwide by the American magazine "3D World" with criteria such as the distribution of student films and prizes in festivals around the world.
The curriculum includes:
- Two years of preparatory courses (design and applied art, perspective, film analysis, video, color, 2D animation, art history, sculpture, communication, English);
- Three years of specialization in computer graphics (3D software, screenplay, storyboards, animation, compositing, 3D production, sound, editing).
The final year of study is devoted to the team-based production of a short film in CG.
Until the class of 2007 entered, there were only two years of specialization courses; there are now three.
- Official site of Supinfocom Valenciennes
- Official site of Supinfocom Arles
- Official site of DSK Supinfocom Pune
- Unofficial student site