Supradapedon is an extinct genus of hyperodapedontine rhynchosaur from mid-late Triassic deposits of Tanganyika Territory, Tanzania. It is known from the holotype SAM-11704. The holotype and only specimen of Supradapedon was first assigned to a species of Scaphonyx (now considered to be a nomen dubium), Scaphonyx stockleyi. This species was reassigned to its own genus by Sankar Chatterjee in 1980 and the type species is Supradapedon stockleyi. One study, Langer et al. (2000), concluded that Supradapedon is a synonym of Hyperodepedon and referred it to Hyperodepedon sp. However, the provisional validity of this genus has been commonly accepted since.
- ^ Boonstra D.D. (1953). "A note on some rhyncosaurian remains from Tanganyika territory". Annals of South Africa Museum 42 (1): 1–4.
- ^ Sankar Chatterjee (1980). "The evolution of Rhyncosaurs". Mémoires de la Société Géologique de France 139: 57–65.
- ^ M. Langer, M. Boniface, G. Cuny and L. Barbieri (2000). "The phylogenetic position of Isalorhynchus genovefae, a Late Triassic rhynchosaur from Madagascar". Annales de Paléontologie 86 (2): 101–127.
- ^ Langer, M. C. (1996). "Rincossauros sul-brasileiros: histórico e filogenia". Dissertação de Mestrado não publicada, Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Sul, Brasil.
- ^ Felipe Chinaglia Montefeltro (2008). "Inter-relações filogenéticas dos rincossauros (Diapsida, Archosauromorpha)". Unpublished Thesis, Biology Department, Universidade de Sa˜o Paulo, Ribeira˜o Preto: 203 pp.
- ^ David W. E. Hone and Michael J. Benton (2008). "A new genus of Rhynchosaur from the Middle Triassic of South-West England". Palaeontology 51 (1): 95–115. doi:10.1111/j.1475-4983.2007.00739.x.