From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Supreme Council may refer to:
- Supreme Council of Antiquities, part of the Egyptian Ministry of Culture
- Supreme Council of Ethnikoi Hellenes, an umbrella organisation in Greece established in 1997
- Supreme Council, Scottish Rite (Southern Jurisdiction, USA), senior of two governing bodies of the Scottish Rite of Freemasonry in the United States. The other is the Supreme Council, Northern Jurisdiction. Other Supreme Councils have jurisdiction in other parts of the world.
- Islamic Supreme Council of America, a Muslim religious organization in the United States
- Supreme Muslim Council, the highest body in charge of Muslim community affairs in Palestine under British control
- Supreme Defence Council (Bahrain), Bahrain's highest defense authority
- Supreme War Council, a central command created by British Prime Minister David Lloyd George to coordinate Allied military strategy during World War I
- Supreme War Council (Japan), a council that was established during the development of representative government in Meiji period Japan
- Country Defense Supreme Council (Romania), the autonomous administrative authority in Romania
- Supreme Council for National Reconstruction, a group of Korean officials
- Supreme Council for the Islamic Revolution in Iraq, an Iraqi political party
- Supreme Council of the Autonomous Republic of Adjara, a local parliament in Adjara, Georgia
- Supreme Council of Kyrgyzstan, the Parliament of Kyrgyzstan
- Supreme Council of the Republic of Georgia, the first National Parliament of the Republic of Georgia in the post-Soviet era
- Supreme Council of State of Siam, (now defunct) a body of advisors to King Prajadhipok of Siam from 1925 to 1932.
- Supreme Council (Soviet) of the USSR, the national legislature of the former Soviet Union.
- Supreme Council (Soviet) of the Russian Federation, former national legislature of Russia (1938—1993).
- Supreme Council of Ukraine, the parliament of Ukraine
- Supreme Council of Crimea, the parliament of the Autonomous Republic of Crimea, Ukraine
- Supreme Electoral Council (disambiguation), multiple organizations
- Supreme Executive Council of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, a council that represented the executive branch of the Pennsylvania State government prior to the adoption of the 1790 constitution
- Supreme Privy Council, a body of advisors to Catherine I
- Ukrainian Supreme Liberation Council, a Ukrainian political organisation formed in July 1944
In other fields:
- Supreme Council for Women, Bahrain’s advisory body to the government on women's issues
- Supreme Council of ICT of Iran, the main council in Iran for ICT affairs
- Supreme National Security Council, the National Security Council of the Islamic Republic of Iran
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.