Supreme Petroleum Council
The Supreme Petroleum Council is the highest governing body of oil, gas and similar industry related activities in the Abu Dhabi. The Council was formed in 1988. The Council is tasked with supervising all oil and gas companies that operate in Abu Dhabi and the United Arab Emirates. The Council also acts as the board of directors for the Abu Dhabi National Oil Company.
The member of this council are:
- Khalifa bin Zayed Al Nahyan, Chairman
- Sultan bin Zayed bin Sultan Al Nahyan, member
- Mohammad bin Zayed Al Nahyan, member
- Mansour bin Zayed Al Nahyan, member
- Hamed bin Zayed Al Nahyan, member
- Mohammed bin Khalifa bin Zayed Al Nahyan, member (appointed in June 2011)
- Mohamed Habroush Al Suwaidi, member (appointed June 2011)
- Hamad Mohamed Al Hur Al Suwaidi, member (appointed June 2011)
- Jua’an Salem Al Dhaheri, member and secretary-general of the council (appointed June 2011)
- Khalifa Mohammed Khalifa Al Kindi, member
- Abdullah Nasser Al Suwaidi, member
- Ahmed Ridha Al Hashim, member
- Suhail Al Mazroui, member
- "Abu Dhabi National Oil Company (ADNOC) - The Supreme Petroleum Council (SPC)". Retrieved 28 June 2010.
- Nayla Razzouk; Anthony DiPaola (12 March 2013). "U.A.E. Appoints Energy Minister, Replaces Eight-Year Veteran". Bloomberg. Retrieved 15 April 2013.