Location of Suqian City (yellow) in Jiangsu
|Country||People's Republic of China|
|• Mayor||Zhang Xinshi (张新实)|
|• Prefecture-level city||8,555 km2 (3,303 sq mi)|
|• Prefecture-level city||4,730,000|
|Time zone||China Standard (UTC+8)|
223600, 223700, 223900
|GDP||¥130.5 billion (2011)|
|GDP per capita||¥27,765 (2011)|
|License Plate Prefix||苏N|
Suqian (simplified Chinese: 宿迁; traditional Chinese: 宿遷; pinyin: Sùqiān) is a prefecture-level city in northern Jiangsu Province, People's Republic of China. It borders Xuzhou to the northwest, Lianyungang to the northeast, Huai'an to the south, and the province of Anhui to the west.
|Map||Subdivision||Hanzi||Pinyin||Population (2010)||Area (km2)||Density|
|Shuyang County||沭阳县||Shùyáng Xiàn||1,538,054||2,298||669.30|
|Siyang County||泗阳县||Sìyáng Xiàn||830,502||1,418||585.68|
|Sihong County||泗洪县||Sìhóng Xiàn||909,311||2,731||332.95|
|Sucheng District||宿城区||Sùchéng Qū||796,627||854||932.81|
|Suyu District||宿豫区||Sùyù Qū||641,059||1,254||511.21|
- Xiang Yu (232 BC–202 BC), prominent marshal and the King of Kings during the late Qin Dynasty, the contestant for the throne against Liu Bang.
- Consort Yu (?-202 BC), the wife of Xiang Yu who dead for her beloved husband when Xiangyu was lost in the last battle and surrounded by the enemy.
- Lu Su (172–217), Chief of Staff in the army of the Kingdom of Wu during the Three Kingdoms era.
- Government Website of Suqian (in Simplified Chinese)
- Suqian comprehensive guide with open directory (Jiangsu.NET)