||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (December 2010)|
Kandy, Sri Lanka
|Alma mater||University of Cambridge, England|
|Occupation||Founder and CEO of blinkx.com|
Prior to founding blinkx, Chandratillake held a variety of roles in technology, sales and marketing at Morgan Stanley, netdecisions and anondesign. He was also the US Chief Technology Officer of Autonomy Corporation, responsible for growing Autonomy's research and development division in the United States. Suranga Chandratillake founded blinkx in 2004 and launched the company in 2005. He took blinkx public on the London Stock Exchange on May 22, 2007. On April 8, 2011, Chandratillake and blinkx announced the acquisition of Burst Media, an online media and technology company headquartered in Burlington, Massachusetts.
Chandratillake has spoken at industry events including the Financial Times' Digital Media Conference, Cannes Lions International Advertising Festival and the Monaco Media Forum. Named a Young Global Leader Honoree in 2009 by the World Economic Forum, Chandratillake has also been recognized as a leader in Science and Innovation by The Observer's Future 500 list, and one of Digital Media Wire's "25 Executives to Watch in Digital Entertainment".
Chandratillake holds an MA in Computer Science, specializing in distributed processing architectures, from the University of Cambridge; he received a double first. Chandratillake holds patents in the area of video discovery and online video advertising and was a 2012 recipient of the Royal Academy of Engineering's Silver Medal.
- "Forty Under 40: Suranga Chandratillake". 24 February 2012.
- "Blinkx Reinvents Itself Again, Adapting to the Future of Video". 18 September 2012.
- "About - blinkx".
- "Executive Team - blinkx".
- "Blinkx IPO shares soar to near-record debut". 27 May 2007.
- "Blinkx Acquires Burst for $30M". 8 April 2011.
- "World Economic Forum Announces New Batch Of Young Global Leaders (Mark Zuckerberg, Chad Hurley, Kevin Rose And More)". TechCrunch. 25 February 2009.
- "Suranga Chandratillake, CEO of blinkx, Nominated Young Global Leader 2009 by The World Economic Forum". blinkx.com. 26 February 2009.
- "2009 "25 Digital Entertainment Executives to Watch"". Digital Media Insider. 11 December 2008.
- "Various methods and apparatuses for an engine that pairs advertisements with video files".
- "Various methods and apparatus for moving thumbnails with metadata".
- "The Royal Academy of Engineering Silver Medal".