The Rising of the Dead
|Other names (Eng.)||Resurrection|
بِسْمِ اللهِ الرَّحْمنِ الرَّحِيمِِ
Beginning is with Allah's personal name Ar-Rahman Who is The Fountain of Infinite Mercy. [Note]It should be remembered that it is not the written text/part/Ayah of سُورة and hence it is never numbered. For convenience of those readers who are already believers, this is traditionally printed since it is commanded in the Qur'an to read/recite with the Name of Sustainer Lord, The Creator with the exception of the ninth Sura.
1 "I do call to witness the Resurrection Day."
2 "And I do call to witness the self-reproaching spirit; (Eschew Evil)."
3 "Does man think that We cannot assemble his bones."
4 "Nay, We are able to put together in perfect order the very tips of his fingers."
5 "But man wishes to do wrong (even) in the time in front of him."
6 "He questions: "When is the Day of Resurrection?."
7 "At length, when the Sight is dazed."
8 "And the moon is buried in darkness."
9 "And the sun and moon are joined together."
10 "That Day will Man say "Where is the refuge?."
11 "By no means! no place of safety."
12 "Before thy Lord (alone), that Day will be the place of rest."
13 "That Day will man be told (all) that he put forward, and all that he put back."
14 "Nay, man will be evidence against himself."
15 "Even though he were to put up his excuses."
16 "Move not thy tongue concerning the (Qur'an) to make haste therewith."
17 "It is for Us to collect it and to promulgate it."
18 "But when We have promulgated it, follow thou its recital (as promulgated)."
19 "Nay more, it is for Us to explain it (and make it clear)."
20 "Nay, (ye men!) but ye love the fleeting life."
21 "And leave alone the Hereafter."
22 "Some faces, that Day, will beam (in brightness and beauty)."
23 "Looking towards their Lord."
24 "And some faces, that Day, will be sad and dismal."
25 "In the thought that some back-breaking calamity was about to be inflicted on them."
26 "Yea, when (the soul) reaches to the collar-bone (in its exit)."
27 "And there will be a cry: "Who is a magician (to restore him)."
28 "And he will conclude that it was (the Time) of Parting."
29 "And one leg will be joined with another."
30 "That Day the Drive will be (all) to thy Lord."
31 "So he gave nothing in charity nor did he pray."
32 "But on the contrary, he rejected Truth and turned away."
33 "Then did he stalk to his family in full conceit."
34 "Woe to thee, (O man!) yea, woe."
35 "Again woe to thee, (O man!) yea, woe."
36 "Does Man think that he will be left uncontrolled, (without purpose)."
37 "Was he not a drop of sperm emitted (in lowly form)."
38 "Then did he become a clinging clot; then did Allah make and fashion (him) in due proportion."
39 "And of him He made two sexes, male and female."
40 "Has not He, (the same) the power to give life to the dead."
- Narrated Sa'id ibn Jubayr : Ibn 'Abbas in the explanation of the Statement of Allah. 'Move not your tongue concerning (the Quran) to make haste therewith." (75.16) Said "Allah's Apostle used to bear the revelation with great trouble and used to move his lips (quickly) with the Inspiration." Ibn 'Abbas moved his lips saying, "I am moving my lips in front of you as Allah's Apostle used to move his." Said moved his lips saying: "I am moving my lips, as I saw Ibn 'Abbas moving his." Ibn 'Abbas added, "So Allah revealed 'Move not your tongue concerning (the Qur'an) to make haste therewith. It is for us to collect it and to give you (O Muhammad) the ability to recite it (the Qur'an) (75.16-17) which means that Allah will make him (the Prophet ) remember the portion of the Qur'an which was revealed at that time by heart and recite it. The Statement of Allah: And 'When we have recited it to you (O Muhammad through Gabriel) then you follow its (Qur'an) recital' (75.18) means 'listen to it and be silent.' Then it is for Us (Allah) to make It clear to you' (75.19) means 'Then it is (for Allah) to make you recite it (and its meaning will be clear by itself through your tongue). Afterwards, Allah's Apostle used to listen to Gabriel whenever he came and after his departure he used to recite it as Gabriel had recited it."
- Narrated Ibn Abbas : (as regards) Allah's Statement:"Move not your tongue concerning (the Quran) to make haste therewith." (75.16) When Gabriel revealed the Divine Inspiration in Allah's Apostle, he (Allah's Apostle) moved his tongue and lips, and that state used to be very hard for him, and that movement indicated that revelation was taking place. So Allah revealed in Surat Al-Qiyama which begins: 'I do swear by the Day of Resurrection...' (75) the Verses:--'Move not your tongue concerning (the Quran) to make haste therewith. It is for Us to collect it (Quran) in your mind, and give you the ability to recite it by heart. (75.16-17) Ibn Abbas added: It is for Us to collect it (Qur'an) (in your mind), and give you the ability to recite it by heart means, "When We reveal it, listen. Then it is for Us to explain it," means, 'It is for us to explain it through your tongue.' So whenever Gabriel came to Allah's Apostle ' he would keep quiet (and listen), and when the Angel left, the Prophet would recite that revelation as Allah promised him.
- Al-Qiyama at Sacred Texts
- Sahih Bukhari Chapter No: 1, Revelation, Hadith no: 4
- Translation of Sahih Bukhari, Book 60:Prophetic Commentary on the Qur'an (Tafseer of the Prophet (pbuh)) Volume 6, Number 451
- Surah Al-Qiyama (Complete text in Arabic with English and French translations)
- Tafseer of Surah Qiyamah by Ibn Khatir
|Sura 75||Next sura: