Theatrical release poster
|Directed by||S.R. Bindler|
|Produced by||Gus Gustawes
|Written by||Mark Gustawes
Cory Van Dyke
with Willie Nelson
and Woody Harrelson
|Music by||Blake Neely|
|Edited by||Nancy Richardson|
|Distributed by||Anchor Bay Entertainment (US)
|Running time||85 min.|
|Budget||$6 million (estimated)|
Surfer, Dude is the story of Steve Addington, a soul-searching surfer who experiences an existential crisis when no waves come for over a month.
- Matthew McConaughey as Steve Addington
- Alexie Gilmore as Danni Martin
- Scott Glenn as Alister Greenbough
- Jeffrey Nordling as Eddie Zarno
- Nathan Phillips as Baker Smith
- Willie Nelson as Farmer Bob
- Woody Harrelson as Jack Mayweather
- Zachary Knighton as Brillo Murphy
- Ramón Rodríguez as Lupe La Rosa
- John Terry as Mercer Martin
- Sarah Wright as Stacey
- Todd Stashwick as Vic Hayes
- Travis Fimmel as Johnny Doran
- "Star-Spangled Banner" – Performed by Matthew McConaughey and Blake Neely
- "Mother" – Xavier Rudd
- "Chasing the Dream" – Daniel Heath
- "Thump It" – Daniel Heath
- "Too Far Away" – Potent
- "This Is My Life" – Psideralica
- "Este Amor" (carnival version) – Bermudez Triangle
- "The High" – Deep Sonic
- "No Pants Required" – Nekal B.
- "Too Tired to Quit" – Nekal B.
- "Hip Hop Misfits" – The Dirty Heads
- "Coastline Journey" – Mishka
- "Virgin Lust" – Higore
- "Run and Play" – Potent
- "Come Let Go" – Xavier Rudd
- "Fuk It" – Xavier Rudd
- "3rd Eye Vision" – Mishka
Based on eighteen reviews, Surfer, Dude currently holds a 0% on Rotten Tomatoes. Metacritic has a score of 16 out of 100 for the title. Michael Ordona of the Los Angeles Times stated that "The film is awash in doobies and breasts, clichéd cinematic language and clumsy exposition. It's reminiscent of the stoner-culture movies of the late '60s and early '70s but without the naive fun."
- "Matthew surfs His Life and Loved Ones Over to Austin". PopSugar. Retrieved 28 February 2014.
- Ordona, Michael. "It's beach blanket boredom". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved 21 January 2013.