|This article is an orphan, as no other articles link to it. Please introduce links to this page from ; try the Find links tool for suggestions. (February 2012)|
Suril Rakesh Shah (Gujarati: સુરિલ રાકેશ શાહ) born February 29, 1992, Ahmedabad, India, is notable for having cleared many renowned computer software certifications at a young age. Suril Shah attends Stanford University.
Suril is known to be the youngest to have obtained many IT Industry Certifications.
|Sun Certified Java Programmer(SCJP) ||July 31, 2002||10 years, 5 months, 3 days|
|Oracle Database 9i Certified Professional - Database Administrator (OCP-DBA) ||July 8, 2003||11 years, 4 months, 10 days|
|Oracle 9i Forms Developer Certified Professional OCP - Developer||March 31, 2004||12 years, 1 month, 3 days|
|Technology Consultant SAP Netweaver '04- SAP Web AS for Oracle||May 19, 2007||15 years, 2 months, 21 days|
- When Suril passed the (SCJP) examination, he bettered the previous record of Afrah Shafquat from Pakistan, who passed that exam at the age of 11 years, 5 months.
- Oracle officials conducted a special technical interview with Suril, confirmed that he actually understood what it means to be an OCA and only then, let him sit for the exam.
- Suril worked for 2 years as an SAP Basis Consultant at Meghmani Organics Ltd., which qualified him for the SAP certification eligibility criteria (minimum 1 to 3 years of experience), and then successfully undertook the examination on May 19, 2007, achieving the distinction of being youngest in the world to do so.
- He joined the Stanford University, California, USA in Fall 2009, and is currently providing consultancy services to eInfochips, a reputed IT company in Ahmedabad, India.
- Suril has been felicitated by several organizations including Computer Society of India, Ahmedabad Education Society, Gujarat Law Society.
- Sun Microsystems, Oracle Corp., SAP AG whose applications' certifications he took, have recognized his achievements at young age and acknowledged him as being youngest in the world to do so.
- Suril has received considerable coverage highlighting his achievements, both in print and electronic media, especially in his home nation.
- "A 10-year-old youngest to pass Sun Java exam". The Times of India. 2002-08-05. Retrieved 2002-08-05.
- "11-year-old passes tough Oracle exam in very first attempt". The Times of India. 2003-03-29. Retrieved 2003-03-29.
- "He's 11 and an expert software programmer". The Mumbai Newsline. Retrieved 2003-02-19.
- "Making it big at a young age". Chennai, India: The Hindu. 2007-05-22. Retrieved 2007-05-22.
- "Ahmedabad's Suril clears SAP exam at the youngest age in the world". Gujarat Samachar. Retrieved 2007-05-28.
- "Get with the Program". Stanford Daily. Retrieved 2010-01-25.[dead link]
- "Suril Shah". Ahmedabad Mirror. Retrieved 2008-07-20.