Surinder Singh Bajwa
Surinder Singh Bajwa (c. 1955 – 21 October 2007) was the Deputy Mayor of Delhi. He served as a member of the Bharatiya Janata Party and was elected councilor for the Anand Vihar ward in April 2007.
On 20 October 2007 Bajwa was attacked by a group of Rhesus Macaques at his home and fell from a first floor balcony, suffering serious head injuries. On 21 October 2007 he died from those injuries. Bajwa is survived by his wife and two sons.
- Bajwa succumbs to injuries, ExpressIndia.com, 21 October 2007
- BBC NEWS | South Asia | Monkeys attack Delhi politician
- Express India. Bajwa succumbs to injuries
- Gentleman, Amelia. The New York Times, November 14, 2007. Monkeys in the Parks, Monkeys in the Palace.
- The Hindu, Wednesday, Oct 24, 2007. Tributes paid to late Deputy Mayor
- The Times of India, 10 Jul 2005, 0142 hrs IST,TNN. BJP leaders court arrest after power hike protest
- The Times of India, 11 Jan 2004, 0604 hrs IST, Delhi BJP appoints 10 new office-bearers
- The Times of India, 17 Apr 2007, 1226 hrs IST,PTI. Aarti Mehra to be next Delhi Mayor
|This article about an Indian politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|