|Birth name||Benoit Heitz|
|Born||1985 (age 29–30)|
|Genres||French house, electro house, chiptune|
|Labels||Institubes, Marble, Ed Banger, EMI Music Japan|
|Associated acts||Bobmo, The Highpowered Boys|
Benoit Heitz (born 1985), known by his stage name Surkin, is a French house/Electro house DJ and producer. He gained attention with his releases on the French Institubes music label. In 2011 he launched the record label Marble along with Para One and Bobmo.
Surkin released his first album “USA” late 2011, which was called by dance magazine Mixmag “one of the most exciting concept albums of the 21st century”. The album is heavily influenced by Detroit techno, 80's electro and Chicago House, featuring vocals by Ann Saunderson (from Inner City) and Marshall Jefferson collaborator Kevin Irving.
Heitz was born in southern France, and is now located in Paris.
- M.I.A. - Bring The Noize (2013, Interscope)
- Action Replay (2007, Institubes/Klee)
- USA (2011, Marble/Ed Banger/EMI Japan)
- USA Club Mixes (2012, Marble)
EP and singles
- Ghetto Obsession (2006, Institubes)
- Play Do / I Joke On You (2006, Arcade Mode)
- Radio Fireworks (2006, Institubes)
- Fireworks Refired (2007, Institubes)
- Next of Kin (2008, Institubes)
- Next of Kin, Mark II (2008, Institubes)
- Silver Island (2010, Institubes)
- Fan Out Remixes (2010, Institubes)
- Ultra Light (2011, Marble)
- Lose Yourself (2012, Marble)
- I Want You Back (with Todd Edwards) (2012, Sound Pellegrino)
- Advanced Entertainment System (2013, Marble)
|2005||M.I.A.||"Sunshowers" (Surkin vs. M.I.A.)||Institubes|
|2006||Para One||"Epiphanie Teaser" (Surkin Megamixx)||Institubes|
|Para One||"Midnight Swim" (Surkin Drowning Mix)||Institubes|
|2007||Boys Noize||"Don't Believe the Hype"
(Surkin Remix No. 1) & (Surkin Remix No. 2)
|Chromeo||"Fancy Footwork" (Surkin Rogue Teens Remix)||Vice/Turbo|
|DJ Mehdi||"Lucky Boy"||Ed Banger Records|
|Goose||"Low Mode" (Surkin Mode)||Skint Records|
|Justine Electra||"Killalady"||City Slang|
|Kate Wax||"Catch the Buzz"||Mental Groove Records|
|Klaxons||"Golden Skans"||Because Music|
|Spencer Parker||"Open Your Eyes"||Cr2 Records|
|Teki Latex feat. Lio||"Les Matins de Paris"||Virgin|
|VHS or BETA||"Burn It All Down"||Astralwerks|
|2008||Justice||"DVNO"||Ed Banger Records|
|Nacho Lovers||"Acid Life"||Scion Audio/Visual|
|2009||The Juan Maclean||"One Day"||DFA|
|Street Fighter IV||"Bionic Commando"|
|2011||Canblaster||"Totem" (Surkin 'Gravity' Edit)||Marble|
|2012||Mademoiselle Yulia||"Bam Me"||EMI Music Japan|
|Drop the Lime||"Bandit Blues"||Ultra Records|
|2014||Charli XCX||"Boom Clap"||Atlantic|
- Surkin's Facebook Page
- Surkin's Twitter
- Daily Music Guide review of Next Of Kin Mark II
- Surkin at Discogs.com
- "Surkin, Bobmo, and Para One Unveil New Marble Imprint, XLR8R". 25 March 2011. Retrieved 4 July 2013.
- http://www.residentadvisor.net/news.aspx?id=15137 - Surkin readies debut album, USA
- Mixmag, December 2011. Album Of The Month “Surkin - USA”
- "Surkin - USA Review Clash Magazine". 28 November 2011. Retrieved 30 July 2013.
- KENZO Spring-Summer 2013 "Tiger Fever" on YouTube. Music and Sound Design by Surkin
- "M.I.A's 'Bring the Noize' - The Dynamo Return, NME". 18 June 2013. Retrieved 4 July 2013.
- "M.I.A. Releases First 'Matangi' Single, 'Bring The Noize' Billboard.com". 18 June 2013. Retrieved 29 July 2013.