Current homepage of SurveyMonkey
|Headquarters||285 Hamilton Avenue Palo Alto, CA 94301 United States |
|No. of locations||Palo Alto, Portland, Seattle, Lisbon|
|Founder(s)||Ryan Finley, Chris Finley|
|CEO||Dave Goldberg, CEO|
|Industry||Online survey services|
|Products||Online survey tools|
|Slogan(s)||The best decisions start here|
|Written in||.NET, Python|
|Alexa rank||457 (August 2013[update])|
|Registration||required for creating a survey|
|Available in||Dansk, Deutsch, English, Español, Français, 한국어, Italiano, Nederlands, 日本語, Norsk, Português, Русский, Suomi, Svenska, 中文(繁體), Türkçe|
The company was majority-owned by Ryan and Chris Finley until 2009, when it was sold to a private equity consortium. David Goldberg (husband of Facebook COO Sheryl Sandberg) is SurveyMonkey's current CEO.
In 2013, the company raised $800 million in debt and equity valuing the company at $1.35 billion. 
In 2013, SurveyMonkey had 1.5 million users.
In September 2013, the company announced HIPAA (Health Insurance Portability & Accountability Act) compliant features for premium subscription holders.
In November 2013, the company announced new product--SurveyMonkey Enterprise. Organizations can manage users, data, and billing while on the survey platform.
In February 2013, SurveyMonkey announced their partnership with API management platform, Mashery. This allows for the integration of third party apps and widgets into SurveyMonkey’s core tool. Currently, the company has partnerships with Eventbrite, MailChimp, Zendesk, Pick1 and others.
SurveyMonkey has over 250 employees as of mid-2013. There are offices in Palo Alto, California; Portland, Oregon; Seattle, Washington; Lisbon, Portugal; São Paulo, Brazil; and Luxembourg.
- "Gratis software voor online enquêtes - Aanpassingen" (in (Dutch)). SurveyMonkey. Retrieved 2014-03-03.
- Scott, Martin (27 August 2012). "Customer research easier in digital era". USA Today. Retrieved 20 February 2013.
- United States (2014-02-26). "SurveyMonkey". LinkedIn. Retrieved 2014-03-03.
- "Surveymonkey.com Site Info". Alexa Internet. Retrieved 2013-02-18.
- "How to Use Online Tools for Customer Surveys". Inc. 30 July 2010. Retrieved 20 February 2013.
- Helft, Miguel (2013-10-10). "Sheryl Sandberg: The real story". Fortune (Time Inc.). Retrieved 2013-10-11.
- Lynley, Matthew (November 3, 2010). "SurveyMonkey bucks the trend, picks up $100M in debt financing". Venturebeat.com.
- Lashinsky, Adam (2013-01-17). "Why SurveyMonkey is holding off on an IPO - Fortune Tech". Tech.fortune.cnn.com. Retrieved 2014-03-03.
- "SurveyMonkey Protects Patient Privacy with new HIPAA Features". MarketWatch. Retrieved 2014-03-03.
- "SurveyMonkey Jumps Into Enterprise Market With New Product For Businesses". Forbes. 2013-11-18. Retrieved 2014-03-03.
- "Pick1.com" (in (English)). Pick1. Retrieved 2014-03-24.
- "Enquêtepartners - Integraties, services en providers" (in (Dutch)). SurveyMonkey. Retrieved 2014-03-03.
- "SurveyMonkeyFreemium.org". Freemium. 2012-07-12. Retrieved 2014-03-03.