|Presented by||Jeff Probst|
|No. of episodes||14|
|No. of days||39|
|No. of survivors||20|
|Location(s)||Caramoan, Camarines Sur, Philippines|
|Filming dates||May 21, 2012
– June 28, 2012
|Original run||February 13, 2013– May 12, 2013|
|Preceded by||Survivor: Philippines|
|Followed by||Survivor: Blood vs. Water|
Survivor: Caramoan — Fans vs. Favorites is the twenty-sixth season of the American CBS competitive reality television series Survivor. The season filmed from May 21–June 28, 2012 and premiered on February 13, 2013, with a special 90 minute episode. As with Survivor: Micronesia, the first season to have the "Fans vs. Favorites" subtitle, this season initially featured a tribe of ten returning contestants from previous seasons opposing a tribe of ten new players. It was the eighth season overall to feature returning players. Production of the show took place in the Caramoan Islands, the same location as the previous season. Participants' applications were due on October 4, 2011, with approximately 800 chosen for interviews in various states. From these semi-finalists, 10 contestants were selected to participate in the show as fans.
The two pre-merge tribes were "Bikal" and "Gota", named for towns in the Caramoan Islands. The merged tribe was known as "Enil Edam", which contestant Malcolm Freberg named after his mother ("Enil Edam" is the name "Madeline" spelled backwards). John Cochran was named the Sole Survivor in the season finale on May 12, 2013, defeating Dawn Meehan and Sherri Biethman in a unanimous 8–0–0 vote. Freberg won $100,000 as the "Sprint Player of the Season", receiving 36% of votes cast over Brenda Lowe, who received 35%.
According to Jeff Probst, producers had asked both Matt Elrod from Redemption Island and Shannon "Shambo" Waters from Samoa to return but both turned the offer down, believing one season was enough for them and not wanting to let Survivor define their lives. The casting crew had also considered asking fan favorite Lisa Whelchel from Philippines to participate, but realized that asking a mother to participate in back-to-back seasons would be difficult. Colton Cumbie from One World stated that he was asked to return but declined as he felt he "wasn't ready" to want to play again. However, he returned to the game in Blood vs. Water. Colton's fellow One World castaway Troy "Troyzan" Robertson was originally to be cast for this season, but was replaced by Malcolm Freberg from Philippines on a last minute. Tyson Apostol from Tocantins and Heroes vs. Villains participated in the casting process, but was not chosen due to the season taking a "different direction." He returned to the game the following season in Blood vs. Water. Erik Reichenbach returned as a "Favorite," having previously been introduced as a "Fan" in the original Fans vs. Favorites season, Micronesia, and thus became the only contestant in the series to be featured in both Fans vs. Favorites seasons.
The contestants included 10 new players and 10 returning players from six previous seasons.
|Contestant||Original tribe||Switched tribe||Merged tribe||Finish|
|Hogi, FrancescaFrancesca Hogi
38, Brooklyn, New York
|Bikal||1st voted out
|Pohevitz, Alexandra "Allie"Alexandra "Allie" Pohevitz
25, Oceanside, New York
|Gota||2nd voted out
|Driskill, HopeHope Driskill
23, Jefferson City, Missouri
|Gota||3rd voted out
|Thomas, ShamarShamar Thomas
27, Brooklyn, New York
|Alexander, LauraLaura Alexander
23, Washington, D.C.
|Gota||4th voted out
|Hantz, BrandonBrandon Hantz
21, Katy, Texas
|Bikal||5th voted out
|Bischoff, MattMatt Bischoff
38, Cincinnati, Ohio
|Gota||Bikal||6th voted out
|Landauer, JuliaJulia Landauer
21, Stanford, California
|Gota||Bikal||7th voted out
|Kaplan, CorinneCorinne Kaplan
33, Los Angeles, California
|Bikal||Bikal||Enil Edam||8th voted out
|Snow, MichaelMichael Snow
44, Harlem, New York
|Gota||Bikal||9th voted out
1st jury member
|Sheppard, PhillipPhillip Sheppard
54, Santa Monica, California
|Bikal||Bikal||10th voted out
2nd jury member
|Freberg, MalcolmMalcolm Freberg
26, Hermosa Beach, California
|Bikal||Gota||11th voted out
3rd jury member
|Toepfer, ReynoldReynold Toepfer
30, San Francisco, California
|Gota||Gota||12th voted out
4th jury member
|Boehlke, AndreaAndrea Boehlke
23, Bronx, New York
|Bikal||Gota||13th voted out
5th jury member
|Lowe, BrendaBrenda Lowe
30, Miami, Florida
|Bikal||Gota||14th voted out
6th jury member
|Reichenbach, ErikErik Reichenbach
27, Pinckney, Michigan
7th jury member
|Fox, Edward "Eddie"Edward "Eddie" Fox
23, East Brunswick, New Jersey
|Gota||Gota||15th voted out
8th jury member
|Biethman, SherriSherri Biethman
41, Boise, Idaho
|Meehan, DawnDawn Meehan
42, South Jordan, Utah
|Cochran, JohnJohn Cochran
25, Washington, D.C.
^1 Dawn and Sherri were considered co-runners up due to being tied at zero votes each in the final Tribal Council vote.
The two tribes were selected prior to the start of the game: Bikal, composed of ten returning Survivor contestants (the "Favorites"), and Gota, ten new players (the "Fans"). Bikal won nearly all the challenges and was dominated by an alliance led by Phillip, dubbed "Stealth R Us”. Despite this, there was dissent amongst Bikal due to Phillip’s abrasive style of leadership, especially with Corinne and Malcolm, who found the tribe’s hidden idol. Gota was dominated by an alliance of six led by Sherri, and opposed by a minority alliance of four helmed by Reynold. Reynold's alliance was quickly reduced to him and Eddie, who were spared due to the dwindling tribe needing their strength in challenges.
When 14 players remained, the tribes were shuffled, with both new tribes containing four Favorites and three Fans. The significantly weaker new Bikal tribe lost every single challenge, with the returnee majority sticking together to vote out the new players. Malcolm, now on the Gota tribe, aligned with fellow athletic males Reynold and Eddie to avoid being picked off at the merge.
The tribes merged with eight Favorites and four Fans remaining. The new Enil Edam tribe quickly saw two factions emerge: Malcolm and Corinne rallied the Fans together to try and overthrow Phillip, while the rest of the Favorites regrouped under Stealth R Us. Only Sherri and Michael remained from the initial dominant Fans alliance; while Michael chose to align with Corinne's faction, Sherri decided to join Stealth R Us due to her distrust of Reynold and Eddie. This put Stealth R Us in the majority and Corinne and Michael were eliminated, leaving only Malcolm, Eddie, and Reynold in the minority. Their eliminations seemed imminent until Reynold won immunity and Malcolm found an additional idol, which he gave to Eddie. In the hectic Tribal Council that ensued, Malcolm and Eddie played their idols and Phillip was voted out. However, their fortune was not to last, and Malcolm and Reynold were subsequently eliminated. While Eddie seemed the likely next target, he was spared when the former members of Stealth R Us decided to turn on themselves, eliminating strategic threat Andrea with an idol in her pocket, and Brenda after a kind-hearted gesture at a reward challenge put her in a good social position. After Erik was evacuated from the game due to low blood pressure, Eddie was the final player voted out due to his popularity with the jury and having betrayed no one during the game.
Sherri, Cochran, and Dawn were the final three players. During the final tribal council, Sherri was perceived as riding coattails to the end after her original alliance collapsed, and was given little chance to explain her strategy. While Cochran and Dawn were acknowledged as a pair, Dawn was grilled due to her emotional instability throughout the game while betraying several close allies, whereas Cochran was praised for being able to separate emotions from the game. This led to the jury of eight unanimously voting for Cochran to win.
|Episode title||Original air date||Challenge winner(s)||Eliminated||Finish|
|"She Annoys Me Greatly"||February 13, 2013||Bikal||Gota||Francesca||1st voted out
|"Honey Badger"||February 20, 2013||Bikal1||Allie||2nd voted out
|"There's Gonna Be Hell to Pay"||February 27, 2013||Bikal1||Hope||3rd voted out
|"Kill or Be Killed"||March 6, 2013||Bikal||Bikal||Shamar||Medically evacuated
|Laura||4th voted out
|"Persona Non Grata"||March 13, 2013||Bikal||Gota2||Brandon||5th voted out
|"Operation Thunder Dome"||March 20, 2013||None3||Gota||Matt||6th voted out
|"Tubby Lunchbox"||March 27, 2013||Gota||Gota||Julia||7th voted out
|"Blindside Time"||April 3, 2013||None4||Cochran||Corinne||8th voted out
|"Cut Off the Head of the Snake"||April 10, 2013||Cochran, Eddie, Erik, Michael, Reynold||Brenda||Michael||9th voted out
1st jury member
|"Zipping Over the Cuckoo’s Nest"||April 17, 2013||Cochran, Dawn, Erik, Phillip, Reynold||Reynold||Phillip||10th voted out
2nd jury member
|"Come Over to the Dark Side"||April 24, 2013||Survivor Auction||Cochran||Malcolm||11th voted out
3rd jury member
|"The Beginning of the End"||May 1, 2013||Andrea1||Reynold||12th voted out
4th jury member
|None||Erik||Andrea||13th voted out
5th jury member
|"Don't Say Anything About My Mom"||May 8, 2013||
|Dawn||Brenda||14th voted out
6th jury member
|"Last Push"||May 12, 2013||None||Erik||Medically evacuated
7th jury member
|Cochran||Cochran||Eddie||15th voted out
8th jury member
|"Reunion"||May 12, 2013||Jury vote|
In the case of multiple tribes or castaways who win reward or immunity, they are listed in order of finish, or alphabetically where it was a team effort; where one castaway won and invited others, the invitees are in brackets.
^1 Combined Reward and Immunity Challenge.
^2 Bikal forfeited the challenge.
^3 There was no Reward Challenge due to tribal swap.
^4 There was no Reward Challenge due to the tribal merge.
|Original air date||U.S. viewers
|1||"She Annoys Me Greatly"||5.5/9||2.4/7||February 13, 2013||8.94||#18|
After the ten Favorites were introduced to the ten Fans, the two tribes immediately started the Reward Challenge.
While the Fans won the first round, the Favorites swept the next rounds to take the win. At the Gota camp, Matt and Shamar argued over whether to concentrate on building a shelter or making fire. The two patched things up after Shamar stepped in with the correct technique for starting fire with the fire-saw method. Pairs of alliances formed between Reynold & Allie and Eddie & Hope, and the four then agreed to align together. The snuggling overnight between the pairs caused the other three women of Gota (Julia, Laura, and Sherri) to align. Michael said he would align with the three women, but really kept his options open along with Matt. Over at the Bikal camp, Francesca decided that she wasn't going to be voted out first again and tried to make as many alliances as she could. Meanwhile, Phillip gathered up an alliance with Andrea, Cochran, Corinne, Dawn, and Malcolm. He offered Erik a take-it-or-leave-it option to join the alliance, but Erik didn't like the strong arm tactic.
|2||"Honey Badger"||5.7/9||2.4/7||February 20, 2013||9.32||#22|
After returning to camp, Brandon was upset about the vote against Francesca and told Erik that he wanted to channel his uncle, Russell Hantz, and play the game dirty. However, he changed his mind the next morning. Over at Gota, Shamar's laziness at camp was annoying the tribe and the alliance of Allie, Eddie, Hope and Reynold wanted to vote him out. Sherri wanted to keep Shamar in the game to strengthen her own alliance so she told him that he was part of her alliance and to keep annoying the alliance of four.
|3||"There's Gonna Be Hell to Pay"||5.9/9||2.6/8||February 27, 2013||9.17||#18|
Tensions were high at the Gota camp after Tribal Council as neither Reynold nor Shamar were happy about how the voting went. Shamar was unhappy with his standing in the game and considered quitting, but decided against it due to the loyalty his alliance showed him. Over at Bikal, Corinne and Malcolm went looking for the Hidden Immunity Idol and found it.
|4||"Kill or Be Killed"||5.9/9||2.6/7||March 6, 2013||9.58||#11|
At Bikal, Phillip told Brandon, Erik, and Brenda that they were part of his alliance in an effort to contain them, though in reality they were not truly part of the alliance.
The Reward Challenge was closely fought with the Favorites just edging out the Fans. After Gota returned to camp, Shamar continued to annoy his tribe with his laziness around camp. During the afternoon, some sand scratched his eye. After a storm rolled in overnight and pounded the tribe, Shamar's condition worsened and the Survivor Medical Team was called in. The Medical Team determined that Shamar had scratched his cornea and he needed to be pulled from the game to be looked at by a specialist.
|5||"Persona Non Grata"||5.9/10||2.7/8||March 13, 2013||9.89||#14|
On the night of day 10, Brandon told his tribe that he was volunteering to be voted out because he felt he was being selfish for leaving his family at home without him. He told the tribe that he considered sabotaging the camp as a way to get them to vote him out, but instead decided to tell them upfront to vote him out. However, by the next morning, Brandon had changed his mind and was back to staying in the game for his family.
At the Reward Challenge, Phillip was the last one holding up his net, giving his tribe the win. When Gota returned to camp, everybody went looking for the new Hidden Immunity Idol. Reynold found it and told Eddie that he had it. Over at Bikal, Brandon became upset that Phillip was taking credit for the win at the Reward Challenge and the two argued over what Brandon called Phillip's dictatorial attitude. The two tried to smooth things over and shook hands, but Phillip wanted Brandon voted out as soon as possible. The tension continued to simmer between them until day 13 when things came to a boil. Phillip told Andrea that he was considering throwing the challenge. Andrea passed this along to Brandon. Phillip and Brandon stepped away from camp to again try to settle things between them. Phillip told Brandon that he was not sure he could trust him. Brandon told Phillip that the Stealth R Us nicknames were demeaning and nobody liked him. Phillip said that if that was true, the tribe would vote him out. Brandon then told Phillip "let me give you a reason to vote me out" and then proceeded to dump the tribe's rice and beans onto the ground.When the tribes gathered for the Immunity Challenge, Jeff asked several castaways how they were coping with the conditions. Brandon asked to step off the tribe mat to address Gota. He told them that he was going to give them a second chance and to not let Phillip get to the end of the game. Corinne raised her hand and spoke for the tribe stating that they wanted to forfeit the challenge and give up Tribal Immunity. This sent Brandon over the edge and he went off on his tribe. To ease tensions, Jeff called over Brandon to his side to let him have his say, but the meltdown continued. With things not settling down, Jeff had Erik hand the Tribal Immunity to Julia from Gota and stated that they will have a Tribal Council immediately without torches and fire at the Immunity Challenge site. Voting was done verbally. Brandon voted for Phillip, while the others unanimously vote for Brandon and he was sent home.
|6||"Operation Thunder Dome"||5.8/10||2.6/8||March 20, 2013||9.79||#10|
On day 14, when the tribes arrived at what looked like a challenge, they were instead surprised by a tribal swap. With a smashing of paint filled eggs, the new Gota became Andrea, Brenda, Eddie, Erik, Malcolm, Reynold, and Sherri. The new Bikal was Cochran, Corinne, Dawn, Julia, Matt, Michael, and Phillip. The new tribes did not partake in a challenge, but instead returned to their camp sites. At the new Gota, Eddie and Reynold told Erik and Malcolm that Sherri had been gunning for them from day 1 and they would be happy to join the Favorites in voting her out. Meanwhile, Sherri told her side of the story to Andrea and Brenda. Andrea and Malcolm later shared notes about the factions within the former Gota. Over at the new Bikal, Phillip approached Julia about flipping to the Favorites after the tribal merge. Corinne and Dawn were not happy that Phillip was talking possible alliances with Julia.
|7||"Tubby Lunchbox"||5.5/9||2.5/7||March 27, 2013||9.43||#13|
After Tribal Council, Phillip and Corinne still wanted to vote each other out as soon as possible. Cochran told Phillip that now was not the time to turn on a fellow alliance member and to wait until the merge. When tree mail arrived and announced that the challenge would be one of physical strength, Phillip boasted that he could beat anybody at feats of strength.
However, when the Reward Challenge came, Phillip faltered, dragging his tribe to a decisive defeat. Back at camp, Cochran was concerned about Julia's ties to Phillip and wanted to make sure that one of the Fans was voted out. Phillip thought he had managed to get Julia to flip alliances and to keep that agreement to herself. However, she felt bullied by Phillip and she told Dawn that she felt she had to go along with Phillip's orders. Dawn told Phillip about this and he now wanted to vote Julia out since she had disobeyed his orders to keep it quiet. Over at Gota, Malcolm approached Reynold about setting up an alliance between them, Eddie, and Erik after the merge. Feeling that he could trust Malcolm, Reynold told Malcolm that he had the Hidden Immunity Idol.
|8||"Blindside Time"||5.7/9||2.5/7||April 3, 2013||9.25||#22|
On day 20, a boat arrived at the Gota beach announcing the tribal merge. The boat took the Gota tribe to the Bikal beach where the newly merged tribe took part in the traditional merger feast. Malcolm named the tribe Enil Edam; unbeknownst to the tribe, this was to honor his mother Madeline, as Enil Edam is Madeline spelled backwards. Phillip told Andrea that they, along with Cochran and Dawn, could take themselves all the way to the Final Four. Corinne plotted with Malcolm about blindsiding Phillip, and they planned to gather a majority voting bloc comprising Corinne and Michael plus Malcolm's new "alpha male" quartet with Erik, Eddie, and Reynold. Their master plan was to vote along with the Favorites in eliminating Sherri before turning on Phillip at the following Tribal Council.
|9||"Cut Off the Head of the Snake"||5.7/9||2.6/8||April 10, 2013||9.38||#20|
After Sherri's show of loyalty to the Stealth R Us alliance at the last Tribal Council, Phillip declared her a member of the alliance.
The Reward Challenge was won by the team of Cochran, Eddie, Erik, Michael, and Reynold who defeated Andrea, Brenda, Dawn, Malcolm, and Phillip. Sherri was not picked during the school yard pick and sat out the challenge. While on their reward, Eddie, Michael, and Reynold pitched to Cochran an all guy alliance, but that did not appeal to Cochran as he didn't want to join in an alliance with the Fans. While the others were on their reward, Malcolm approached Sherri and Dawn about splitting off from the Stealth R Us alliance and taking control of the game. However, the two women reported Malcolm's try to make a big move to Andrea and Phillip. Seeking to punish Malcolm for his disloyalty, the core alliance told Malcolm that the Stealth R Us alliance would be splitting the vote between Eddie and Reynold when in reality they would be voting for Malcolm. While on a trip to a lagoon, Eddie tried to get Andrea on his side and to vote with him.
|10||"Zipping Over the Cuckoo’s Nest"||6.0/10||2.7/8||April 17, 2013||9.99||#12|
When the tribe returned to camp after Tribal Council, the Stealth R Us alliance went off to have a private conversation and left Eddie, Malcolm, and Reynold back at the camp. The Stealth R Us alliance agreed they could now freely vote out any of the three as they had no Hidden Immunity Idol, but unbeknownst to them, Malcolm still had one. While off at the lagoon on day 26, Dawn accidentally lost her retainer, which contained her bottom teeth. She yelled for Brenda to come help her and threatened to quit if her teeth were not found. Brenda dove down into the lagoon and found the retainer. The two formed a sympathetic bond after the incident with Brenda saying that she was solidly behind Dawn.
At the Reward Challenge, the team of Cochran, Dawn, Erik, Phillip, and Reynold easily defeated the team of Andrea, Brenda, Eddie, Malcolm, and Sherri. The next day, Dawn continued to unravel as she was sure that Andrea would turn against the Stealth R Us alliance and blindside her at the next Tribal Council. Her paranoia made Cochran and Phillip concerned, but things turned around the next day after Dawn got some sleep. The Stealth R Us alliance agreed to split their vote 4–3 against Reynold and Malcolm just in case one of them had a Hidden Immunity Idol.
|11||"Come Over to the Dark Side"||5.9/10||2.9/8||April 24, 2013||10.31||#5|
With Phillip out of the game, Erik saw his departure as an opportunity to make a move while Cochran and Brenda were shocked and uncertain about their futures. Day 29's tree mail announced the Survivor Auction. Everybody purchased at least one item, with Malcolm and Cochran being the biggest winners by purchasing a clue to the Hidden Immunity Idol and an advantage at the Immunity Challenge, respectively. The next day, Andrea followed Malcolm all day to prevent him from finding the Hidden Immunity Idol.
|12||"The Beginning of the End"||5.8/10||2.4/8||May 1, 2013||9.25||#19|
Day 31's tree-mail announced a surprise Immunity Challenge instead of the Reward Challenge that the castaways expected. When they got to the challenge site, Jeff announced that it would be a combined Reward/Immunity Challenge.
With the castaways balanced on the first set of slats, Jeff offered up a plate of donuts and a glass of milk to whomever jumped off. Erik and Eddie agreed to jump off together. When the castaways moved up to the second set of slats, Jeff offered three hot dogs and a soda, which Cochran took. Thirty minutes into the challenge, the castaways moved to the top of the a-frame where Dawn, Sherri, and Reynold fell off, leaving Andrea and Brenda to fight it out. They tried to negotiate for one of them to win, but neither wanted to step off. They continued the challenge for three hours when they agreed to share the reward note and to make up their own fourth stage of the challenge by lifting their left foot off the top of the a-frame. Jeff counted down to this new fourth stage and Brenda fell off the top shortly thereafter to give Andrea the win. Back at camp, the reward note turned out to be a clue to the Hidden Immunity Idol. Andrea shared the clue with her whole alliance and they went looking for the idol. Erik found it and handed it over to Andrea. Brenda's determination to stick it out in the challenge made Andrea suspicious of Brenda as she could be a big threat in future challenges. Andrea pushed Cochran, Dawn, and Sherri to blindside Brenda instead of splitting the vote between Eddie and Reynold. But when Tribal Council came, the Favorites did not blindside Brenda and instead sent Reynold to the jury.
After Tribal Council, Andrea was still lobbying hard to Cochran about blindsiding either Brenda or Dawn. Cochran told Brenda and Dawn about Andrea's plan. Brenda immediately turned against Andrea.
|13||"Don't Say Anything About My Mom"||5.7/9||2.6/8||May 8, 2013||9.51||#18|
Day 35's treemail was a Sprint HTC Evo 4G LTE containing videos from the castaways' loved ones: Brenda's dad Raymond, Dawn's husband David, Sherri's husband Jared, Cochran's mom Arlene, Eddie's dad Edward, and Erik's brother Richard.
At the Reward Challenge, Brenda's dad Raymond scored the last point to take the win. Jeff called Brenda over and gave her the offer to select one other castaway to join them and Brenda selected Dawn. Jeff then pulled out a second HTC Evo 4G LTE that had a video announcing that, not one, but two loved ones were on the island for the visit. Jeff then told Brenda that she could give up both her and Dawn's visit with their loved ones in exchange for the other four castaways to see their loved ones on the boat. Brenda called the decision a "no brainer" and gave up the reward. While the four were enjoying their visit, Dawn was livid that she missed out on her loved ones' visit back at camp because of Brenda. When the castaways returned from the visit, Cochran was concerned that Brenda's gesture would protect her for the rest of the game and would even get her votes at the final Tribal Council.
|14||"Last Push"||5.8/10||2.7/8||May 12, 2013||10.16||#15|
As the tribe was leaving Tribal Council, Erik became dizzy. After the Survivor Medical Team checked him out, the doctors gave him an IV to stabilize him against a possible starvation state and pulled him from the game. When the four returned to camp, Cochran approached Eddie and they talked about taking Sherri to the final three. Day 37's treemail announced a Reward Challenge with an advantage in the game.
At the Reward Challenge, all of the castaway's house of cards collapsed at least twice, until Cochran finally built a house tall enough to reach the mark. Back at camp, Eddie and Sherri agreed to take Cochran to the final three, while Dawn was being paranoid about being voted out. Cochran tried to reassure her that she wasn't going to be voted out, but he considered voting her out. Day 38's treemail announced the traditional journey honoring the castaways voted out before heading to the final Immunity Challenge.
Cochran's advantage turned out to be that his puzzle piece bags would not be tied to a post. While the advantage gave Cochran a huge lead into the puzzle assembly stage, he squandered it as the other three caught up to him, but he was able to recover and beat out Dawn for the final Individual Immunity. Back at camp, Cochran's decision came down to either bringing Dawn or Eddie to the final three. He chose to take Dawn, and Eddie became the final member of the jury.Cochran, Dawn, and Sherri enjoyed the traditional day 39 breakfast. At the final Tribal Council, the three made their opening statements to the jury. The jury made their statements to the three and questioned the three about their game play. Malcolm told Dawn that she should own up to her game play and asked Cochran what quality he had that allowed him to advance in the game that Malcolm did not have. Eddie asked Sherri if she felt she got carried to the final three, Dawn about how she could declare herself a strong player when she was seen as weak at camp, and Cochran about how the game had changed him going forward in life. Phillip revoked Sherri's membership in Stealth R Us, told Dawn that he wouldn't vote for her, and Cochran that he played a good game. Erik asked Dawn about the damage she caused in her game play. He got into a major argument with Sherri about her game play until Sherri told him to sit down. Michael asked Dawn and Cochran about why Dawn was perceived as being a villain while Cochran was not. Reynold used his time to tell Dawn he though she was a fraud and asked what she really thought of him. Andrea asked Cochran to choose an animal that he played the game most like and told Dawn she was proud of her game. Brenda asked Cochran why she should vote for him and asked Dawn to remove her dental appliance in front of the jury to show that she would have stayed in the game if she had not recovered it. The jury vote went unanimously for Cochran and he became the Sole Survivor by a vote of 8-0-0.
|15||"Reunion"||4.9/8||2.2/6||May 12, 2013||8.13||#25|
|The castaways discuss the season with host, Jeff Probst. For the first time in Survivor history, only castaways who made the jury were invited onto the main stage creating a controversy after the reunion show aired.|
|Original Tribes||Switched Tribes|
^1 The first Tribal Council Vote resulted in a tie. Per the rules, a second vote was held where the castaways involved in the tie would not vote and the remaining castaways could only vote for those who tied.
^2 Eddie, Hope and Shamar were not eligible to vote in the second Tribal Council vote.
^3 No vote: Shamar was removed due to injury.
^4 Reynold played the hidden immunity idol; the one vote against him did not count.
^5 Julia and Michael were not eligible to vote in the second Tribal Council vote.
^6 Malcolm and Eddie played hidden immunity idols; four votes against Eddie and two against Malcolm did not count.
^7 Andrea, Malcolm and Reynold were not eligible to vote in the second Tribal Council vote.
^8 No vote: Erik was removed due to low blood pressure.
Reunion show controversy
For the first time in Survivor history, contestants that did not make it to the jury phase of the game were not allowed on stage. Of the 10 cast members that were allowed to sit on the stage, only six were spoken to (Cochran, Dawn, Andrea, Reynold, Malcolm, and Phillip). While Jeff Probst claimed that the new stage could not accommodate all 18 of the attending contestants, the format change caused controversy amongst the show's fans and fellow contestants, who all felt that it was unfair for the pre-jury contestants to be left out in the audience. This was also the first reunion in Survivor history where two contestants did not have an in-studio appearance on the reunion show. Brenda appeared by satellite as she was unable to fly out and attend because she was in the late stages of her pregnancy. Brandon also did not attend the reunion, but this was upon a mutual agreement between Brandon and the show's producers following his explosive exit on the show.
Erik, who finished 5th and was not given an opportunity to speak at the reunion, called out the producers for their treatment of the contestants at the reunion. Calling it a farce, he criticized how the reunion show left so many unanswered questions about the other contestants and his own evacuation during the season finale. He also voiced discontent on how the pre-jury contestants were completely left out in favor of featuring the show's previous contestants, like Rob Mariano and Rudy Boesch. Allie, who was the second person overall and the first person from the Fans' tribe to be voted out, wrote a post on Facebook about how poorly she was treated at the reunion and shared her thoughts on what actually happened.
- "CBS announces the 20 castaways competing on "Survivor: Caramoan - Fans vs. Favorites". Retrieved February 7, 2013.
- Dehnart, Andy (September 27, 2011). "Survivor’s 25th and 26th seasons will be filmed earlier than usual". Reality TV World.
- Ross, Dalton (2013-02-01). "Jeff Probst reveals the players who would not return to play 'Survivor: Caramoan — Fans vs. Favorites'". Entertainment Weekly. Retrieved 2013-02-01.
- http://survivoroz.wordpress.com/2014/02/04/colton-cumbie-blood-vs-water-interview/#more-19294. Missing or empty
- http://survivoroz.wordpress.com/ozpedia/seasons/survivor-caramoan-fans-vs-favourites/. Missing or empty
- http://robhasawebsite.com/tyson-apostol-on-survivor-philippines-interview/. Missing or empty
- Ross, Dalton (2013-01-11). "'Survivor: Caramoan -- Fans vs Favorites': New cast and intel revealed!". Entertainment Weekly. Retrieved 2013-01-13.
- Nordyke, Kimberly (14 February 2013). "'Survivor: Camaroan': Francesca Hogi on Making Show History". The Hollywood Reporter. Archived from the original on 5 May 2013.
- Porter, Rick (February 14, 2013). "TV ratings: 'Survivor' and 'American Idol' both hit lows Wednesday". Zap2it. Retrieved February 14, 2013.
- Kondolojy, Amanda (February 14, 2013). "Wednesday Final Ratings: 'CSI', 'Suburgatory' & 'Law & Order: SVU' Adjusted Down". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved February 14, 2013.
- Bibel, Sara (February 20, 2013). "TV Ratings Broadcast Top 25: 'The Big Bang Theory' Tops Week 21 Viewing Among Adults 18-49 & With Total Viewers". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved February 20, 2013.
- Porter, Rick (February 21, 2013). "TV ratings: 'American Idol' Top 40 dips Wednesday while 'Modern Family' and 'Survivor' rise". Retrieved February 21, 2013.
- Bibel, Sara (February 21, 2013). "Wednesday Final Ratings: 'The Middle' & 'Modern Family' Adjusted Up; 'Survivor', 'Guys With Kids', 'Criminal Minds' & 'Law & Order: SVU' Adjusted Down". Retrieved February 21, 2013.
- Kondolojy, Amanda (February 26, 2013). "TV Ratings Broadcast Top 25: The Oscars Tops Week 22 Viewing Among Adults 18-49 & With Total Viewers". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved February 27, 2013.
- Porter, Rick (February 28, 2013). "TV ratings: 'Modern Family' ties 'American Idol' in adults 18-49 Wednesday". Retrieved February 28, 2013.
- Kondolojy, Amanda (February 28, 2013). "Wednesday Final Ratings: 'Chicago Fire', 'American Idol', & 'CSI' Adjusted Up; 'Suburgatory' Adjusted down". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved February 28, 2013.
- Bibel, Sara (March 5, 2013). "TV Ratings Broadcast Top 25: 'Modern Family' & 'American Idol' Top Week 23 Viewing Among Adults 18-49, 'NCIS' Number 1 With Total Viewers". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved March 5, 2013.
- Porter, Rick (March 7, 2013). "TV ratings: 'American Idol' coasts to victory on a rerun-filled Wednesday". Retrieved March 7, 2013.
- Bibel, Sara (March 7, 2013). "Wednesday Final Ratings: 'Survivor' and 'American Idol' Adjusted Up". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved March 7, 2013.
- Kondolojy, Amanda (March 12, 2013). "TV Ratings Broadcast Top 25: 'The Big Bang Theory' Tops Week 24 Viewing Among Adults 18-49, 'NCIS' Number 1 With Total Viewers". Retrieved March 12, 2013.
- Porter, Rick (March 14, 2013). "TV ratings: 'American Idol' and 'Survivor' steady on Wednesday". Retrieved March 14, 2013.
- Kondolojy, Amanda (March 14, 2013). "Wednesday Final Ratings: 'American Idol' & 'Survivor' Adjusted Up". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved March 14, 2013.
- Bibel, Sara (March 19, 2013). "TV Ratings Broadcast Top 25: 'The Big Bang Theory' Tops Week 25 Viewing Among Adults 18-49 & With Total Viewers". Retrieved March 19, 2013.
- Porter, Rick (March 21, 2013). "TV ratings: 'American Idol' holds steady Wednesday, 'Criminal Minds' and 'CSI' up". Retrieved March 21, 2013.
- Bibel, Sara (March 21, 2013). "Wednesday Final Ratings: 'Arrow', 'Supernatural', 'American Idol', 'Survivor' & 'Law & Order:SVU' Adjusted Up; 'Whitney' Adjusted Down". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved March 21, 2013.
- Kondolojy, Amanda (March 26, 2013). "TV Ratings Broadcast Top 25: 'American Idol' Tops Week 26 Viewing Among Adults 18-49; 'NCIS' Wins With Total Viewers". Retrieved March 26, 2013.
- Porter, Rick (March 28, 2013). "TV ratings: 'American Idol' and 'Modern Family' hit lows on a soft Wednesday". Retrieved March 28, 2013.
- Kondolojy, Amanda (March 28, 2013). "Wednesday Final Ratings: 'American Idol', 'Survivor' & 'Arrow' Adjusted Up; 'Whitney' and 'Chicago Fire' Adjusted Down". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved March 28, 2013.
- Bibel, Sara (April 2, 2013). "TV Ratings Broadcast Top 25: 'The Voice' Tops Week 27 Viewing Among Adults 18-49; 'NCIS' Wins With Total Viewers". Retrieved April 3, 2013.
- Porter, Rick (April 4, 2013). "TV ratings: 'Modern Family' rises Wednesday and beats 'Idol' head-to-head". Retrieved April 4, 2013.
- Bibel, Sara (April 4, 2013). "Wednesday Final Ratings: 'Modern Family', 'American Idol' & 'Survivor' Adjusted Up". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved April 4, 2013.
- Kondolojy, Amanda (April 9, 2013). "TV Ratings Broadcast Top 25: NCAA Basketball Tops Week 28 Viewing Among Adults 18-49; 'The Big Bang Theory' Wins With Total Viewers". Retrieved April 9, 2013.
- Ross, Dalton (April 11, 2013). "'Survivor: Caramoan': Jeff Probst talks about Malcolm's crazy Tribal Council move". Entertainment Weekly. Retrieved April 11, 2013.
- Porter, Rick (April 11, 2013). "TV ratings: 'American Idol' rises Wednesday, 'Criminal Minds' up too". Retrieved April 11, 2013.
- Kondolojy, Amanda (April 11, 2013). "Wednesday Final Ratings: 'Survivor' & 'Suburgatory' Adjusted Up". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved April 11, 2013.
- Bibel, Sara (April 16, 2013). "TV Ratings Broadcast Top 25: NCAA Basketball Championship Tops Week 29 Viewing Among Adults 18-49 & With Total Viewers". Retrieved April 17, 2013.
- Reiher, Andrea (April 18, 2013). "TV ratings: 'American Idol' up slightly; 'Survivor' posts second-best number of the season". Retrieved April 18, 2013.
- Bibel, Sara (April 18, 2013). "Wednesday Final Ratings: 'American Idol' & 'Survivor' Adjusted Up". Retrieved April 18, 2013.
- Kondolojy, Amanda (April 23, 2013). "TV Ratings Broadcast Top 25: 'The Voice' Tops Week 30 Viewing Among Adults 18-49 & With Total Viewers". Retrieved April 23, 2013.
- Porter, Rick (April 25, 2013). "TV ratings: 'Supernatural' returns strong and 'American Idol' tops Wednesday". Retrieved April 25, 2013.
- Kondolojy, Amanda (April 25, 2013). "Wednesday Final Ratings: 'Survivor', 'American Idol' & 'SVU' Adjusted Up". Retrieved April 25, 2013.
- Bibel, Sara (April 30, 2013). "TV Ratings Broadcast Top 25: 'The Voice' Tops Week 31 Viewing Among Adults 18-49, 'NCIS' on Top With Total Viewers". Retrieved April 30, 2013.
- Porter, Rick (May 2, 2013). "TV ratings: 'American Idol' and 'Modern Family' stumble on a weak Wednesday night". Retrieved May 2, 2013.
- Bibel, Sara (May 2, 2013). "Wednesday Final Ratings: 'American Idol', 'Survivor', Modern Family', 'Criminal Minds', 'CSI', 'The Voice' Adjusted Up; 'How To Live With Your Parents' Adjusted Down". Retrieved May 2, 2013.
- Kondolojy, Amanda (May 7, 2013). "TV Ratings Broadcast Top 25: 'Big Bang Theory' Tops Week 32 Viewing Among Adults 18-49, 'NCIS' on Top With Total Viewers". Retrieved May 7, 2013.
- Porter, Rick (May 9, 2013). "TV ratings: 'The Voice' beats 'Idol' head-to-head Wednesday, 'Modern Family' drops". Retrieved May 9, 2013.
- Kondolojy, Amanda (May 9, 2013). "Wednesday Final Ratings: 'Modern Family', 'American Idol', 'The Voice', 'Family Tools', 'Survivor' & 'Supernatural' Adjusted Up". Retrieved May 9, 2013.
- Kondolojy, Amanda (May 14, 2013). "TV Ratings Broadcast Top 25: 'The Big Bang Theory' Tops Week 33 Viewing Among Adults 18-49, 'NCIS' on Top With Total Viewers". Retrieved May 14, 2013.
- ""SURVIVOR: CARAMOAN - FANS VS. FAVORITES" FINALE LEADS CBS TO SUNDAY WIN" (Press release). CBS. May 13, 2013. Retrieved May 13, 2013.
- Kondolojy, Amanda (May 14, 2013). "Sunday Final Ratings: 'Survivor', 'Once Upon a Time', 'The Simpsons' & 'Revenge' Adjusted Up". Retrieved May 14, 2013.
- Ross, Dalton (May 14, 2013). "'Survivor:' Jeff Probst talks Brenda vs. Dawn, the final challenge advantage, and controversial new reunion show format". Entertainment Weekly. Retrieved May 14, 2013.
- Ross, Dalton (May 13, 2013). "Medically evacuated Erik slams the 'disrespectful...ridiculous...insane...farce' of a 'Survivor' reunion show". Entertainment Weekly. Retrieved May 14, 2013.