|Presented by||Jeff Probst|
|No. of episodes||2|
|No. of days||39|
|No. of survivors||18|
|Filming dates||July 11, 2013
– August 18, 2013
|Original airing||February 26, 2014|
|Preceded by||Survivor: Blood vs. Water|
|Followed by||Survivor 29|
Survivor: Cagayan, also known as Survivor: Cagayan — Brawn vs. Brains vs. Beauty, is the twenty-eighth season of the American CBS competitive reality television series Survivor. The season filmed from July 11–August 18, 2013 and premiered on February 26, 2014 with the first two episodes screened back-to-back, featuring eighteen new players divided into three tribes of six based on dominant attribute — athleticism, intelligence, and attractiveness. The cast includes former professional basketball player Cliff Robinson and baseball team Miami Marlins president David Samson.
This season features the return of a hidden immunity idol that can be used at tribal council after the votes have been read, which is how the idol was used in Survivor: Panama and Survivor: Cook Islands. The idol is planned to be hidden when the tribes merge. There will also be hidden immunity idols in play before the merge at each of the tribes' camps that traditionally must be played after the votes are cast but before they are read.
The cast is composed of 18 new players, initially split into three tribes containing six members each: Aparri ("Brawn"), Luzon ("Brains"), and Solana ("Beauty").
45, Plantation, Florida
|Luzon||1st Voted Out
27, Santa Monica, California
|Luzon||2nd Voted Out
27, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
|Solana||3rd Voted Out
22, Campbellsville, Kentucky
21, Chicago, Illinois
|Latasha "Tasha" Fox
37, St. Louis, Missouri
48, Boston, Massachusetts
|Yung "Woo" Hwang
29, Newport Beach, California
29, Cedar Rapids, Iowa
21, Addison, Illinois
34, Boston, Massachusetts
21, San Jose, California
|Kassandra "Kass" McQuillen
41, Tehachapi, California
29, Kokomo, Indiana
46, Newark, New Jersey
31, Chicago, Illinois
39, Jersey City, New Jersey
34, Dobson, North Carolina
|Episode title||Original air date||Challenge winner(s)||Eliminated||Finish|
|"Hot Girl With a Grudge"||February 26, 2014||Solana1||David||1st Voted Out
|Aparri1||Garrett||2nd Voted Out
|"Cops-R-Us"||March 5, 2014||Aparri1||Brice||3rd Voted Out
|"Our Time to Shine"||March 12, 2014|
^1 Combined reward and immunity challenge
|Original air date||U.S. viewers
|1||"Hot Girl With a Grudge"||TBA||2.4/7||February 26, 2014||9.40||20|
All three tribes were asked to designate a leader. David, Sarah, and LJ were chosen for the Brains, Brawn, and Beauty tribes respectively; they then had to pick their tribe's weakest player as David, Sarah, and LJ chose Garrett, Trish, and Morgan, respectively. All three were flown by helicopter to their camps, while the remaining tribe members had to walk there. Upon arriving at camp, the weakest players had to choose between an extra bag of rice for the tribe or a clue to a hidden immunity idol. Garrett and Morgan chose to look for the Idol, but only Garrett found one, while Trish chose the extra bag of rice. Brice began to bond with Morgan after noticing bonds were forming between LJ and Jeremiah, and Alexis and Jefra. At the Brawn camp, Woo recognized Cliff, but the tribe didn't care about his professional sports past. Sarah confronted Tony, as she pegged him as a being cop, but he denied it and claimed to be a construction worker. At the Brains camp, J'Tia was leading the tribe in building their shelter despite coming across as bossy.
At the challenge, the Brawns and the Beauty tribe took a big lead; by the time the Brains tribe began the puzzle, the other tribes were almost finished. The Beauty tribe finished first with the Brawn tribe coming in second. At the Brains camp, Kass and David debated over who to vote out: Kass wanted J'Tia out for her poor attitude and work ethic, while David wanted to target Garrett, who he saw as a threat later in the game. Garrett was conflicted between voting for J'Tia and David after being selected by David as the weakest tribe member. J'Tia and Tasha agreed to Garrett's plan, but Spencer was paranoid about David potentially having an idol and believed J'Tia was the easier vote. In the end, Spencer sided with Garrett and David was voted out.
After the vote, Kass found herself in a swing vote position, sitting between Spencer and Garrett, and J'Tia and Tasha, eventually allying with the former. At the Brawns camp, Cliff and Woo bonded, while Tony wasn't fond of Cliff's popularity within the tribe. Trish and Lindsey argued over workload. Tony built a hiding spot in the shelter, named the "Spy Shack," to eavesdrop on his tribe's conversations. At the Beauty camp, Jeremiah and Morgan bonded, while Brice attempted to solidify an alliance with them.
|2||"Cops-R-Us"||March 5, 2014||9.58|
|3||"Our Time to Shine"||March 12, 2014|
^2 The first tribal council vote resulted in a tie. Per the rules, a second vote was held where the castaways involved in the tie would not vote and the remaining castaways could only vote for those who tied.
^3 This castaway was unable to vote due to being tied for most votes in the initial ballot.
Survivor: Cagayan's premiere episode on February 26, 2014, drew in 9.8 million viewers and a 2.4 rating. Viewership was up substantially from the 8.9 million viewers of the premiere for Survivor: Caramoan, the previous winter premiere and also the series' weakest. However, the 18-49 rating was on par with Caramoan's 2.4 rating.
- "Survivor Reveal For Next Cycle". CBS. December 15, 2013. Retrieved December 16, 2013.
- "Survivor: Brains VS. Beauty VS. Brawns - Season 28 Premiere Announced". CBS. January 15, 2014. Retrieved January 15, 2014.
- Ross, Dalton (January 22, 2014). "Survivor:Cagayan: New cast includes former NBA All-Star (and recent North Korea visitor) Cliff Robinson". EW Online. Retrieved January 27, 2014.
- Probst, Jeff. "#survivor Getting pumped!! 2-HOUR premiere next Wednesday!! Eps 1 and 2! New group of players. Excited to share it with our loyal fans!". Twitter. Retrieved February 23, 2013.
- Ng, Philiana (January 15, 2014). "CBS' 'Survivor,' 'Amazing Race' Premiere Dates Revealed". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved January 15, 2014.
- Ross, Dalton (December 15, 2013). "'Survivor: Cagayan': Jeff Probst gives intel on NEXT season". Entertainment Weekly. Retrieved December 15, 2013.
- Nordyke, Kimberly (December 15, 2013). "'Survivor' Season 28 Twist Revealed". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved December 19, 2013.
- "Survivor: Cagayan Video - Meet the Castaways". CBS. January 22, 2014. Retrieved 22 January 2014.
- "Survivor: Cagayan Preview Special". CBS. February 12, 2014. Retrieved 13 February 2014.
- Ross, Dalton (January 22, 2014). "'Survivor: Cagayan': Meet the Cast!". Entertainment Weekly. Retrieved January 22, 2014.
- Kondolojy, Amanda (February 27, 2014). "Wednesday Final Ratings: 'American Idol' & 'Nashville' Adjusted Up; 'Survivor', 'The Middle', 'Mixology', 'Suburgatory' & 'Criminal Minds' Adjusted Down". Zap2it. Retrieved March 2, 2014.
- Bibel, Sara (March 4, 2014). "TV Ratings Broadcast Top 25: Oscars Top Week 23 With Adults 18-49 and Total Viewers". TVBytheNumbers. Retrieved March 6, 2014.
- "Hot Girl With A Grudge". CBS. Retrieved February 27, 2014.
- Kondolojy, Amanda (February 14, 2013). "Wednesday Final Ratings: 'CSI', 'Suburgatory' & 'Law & Order: SVU' Adjusted Down". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved February 14, 2013.