September 11, 1961 |
Manhattan Beach, California, U.S.
|Occupation||Film, stage, television actress|
Susan Gibney (born September 11, 1961, Manhattan Beach, California) is an American actress. She moved to Webster, New York at a young age, returned to California to live several times, returning to Webster in 2004. She graduated from Buffalo State College with a major in theater, and later earned a Master of Fine Arts degree from the Yale School of Drama. She had recurring roles as Assistant District Attorney Renee Walcott on Crossing Jordan, as Dr. Leah Brahms on Star Trek: The Next Generation and as Commander Erika Benteen on Star Trek: Deep Space Nine.
Gibney has a history of involvement in the Star Trek TV series, some of it behind the scenes. She appeared twice on Star Trek: The Next Generation, once as a holodeck facsimile of Dr. Leah Brahms in the episode "Booby Trap" and later, as the real Dr. Brahms herself in "Galaxy's Child." In both these episodes she was Geordi's love interest. She also appeared on Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, in the episodes "Homefront" and "Paradise Lost," as Erika Benteen. She was considered for the role of Captain Kathryn Janeway on Star Trek: Voyager, but did not get the role. She was later considered for the role of Seven of Nine and tested twice. She was also considered, but likewise rejected, for the role of the Borg Queen in the film Star Trek: First Contact.
- 1995: Due South, S1, Episode 11, You Must Remember This as Suzanne Chapin
- 1996: The Great White Hype (as Vivian)
- 1997-2000: Diagnosis: Murder, Seasons 5–7 (as Tanis Archer)
- 2004: Happy Family as Maggie Harris
- 2005: Criminal Minds 1 episode (as Dr. Linda Deaton)
- 2014: We Are Still Here (as Maddie)
- "Piller, Mulgrew Reflect on Voyager". TrekToday. Archived from the original on 2009-04-30.
- "How Susan Gibney Almost Played Captain Janeway". Janet's Star Trek Voyager website. Archived from the original on July 24, 2009. Retrieved March 22, 2008.
-  Meet The Actress Who Almost Played Janeway, Part 2