|Born||Laura Susan Lowe
January 19, 1948
Reidsville, North Carolina, USA
Susan Lowe (born Laura Susan Lowe on January 19, 1948 in Reidsville, North Carolina) is an American actress and artist who has appeared primarily in the works of John Waters for most of her career. She was a student at the Maryland Institute College of Art when she became friends with Divine and other Dreamlanders.
Her first role with Waters was playing an asylum inmate in Mondo Trasho. She continued to play bit parts in many of his films, but played the lead role of Mole McHenry, the ultra-butch bleach blonde lesbian, in Desperate Living.
Currently, she works as an artist and university professor.
Lowe has been married twice, and has two children. Her first husband was a drawing teacher at the Maryland Art Institute, where Lowe worked as a model. They were married in Ireland and had two children, Ruby and Ramsey. The marriage ended seven years later after her husband left her. She later married Frank Tomboro of Baltimore and that marriage also ended.
Her son, Ramsey McLean, appeared as the infant Taffy in Female Trouble. During her scenes in the film, Lowe was visibly pregnant; the birth scene was filmed later a few days after Lowe gave birth.
- Mondo Trasho (1969) as an asylum inmate
- Multiple Maniacs (1970) as a Calvacade Pervert
- Female Trouble (1974) as Vikki, the receptionist
- Desperate Living (1976) as Mole McHenry
- Polyester (1981) as Mall Victim
- Hairspray (1988) as Angry Mother
- Cry-Baby (1990) as Night Court Parent
- Serial Mom (1994) as Court Groupie B
- Pecker (1998) as Hairdresser
- Cecil B. DeMented (2000) as Family Lady A
- Peary, Gerald. "John Waters and his Dreamlanders in P-Town". Gerald Peary. Retrieved 2008-07-28.