Sussex County Airport
|Sussex County Airport|
|IATA: GED – ICAO: KGED – FAA LID: GED|
|Owner||Sussex County Council|
|Elevation AMSL||53 ft / 16 m|
|Source: Federal Aviation Administration|
Sussex County Airport (IATA: GED, ICAO: KGED, FAA LID: GED) is a public use airport in Sussex County, Delaware, United States. Owned by the Sussex County Council, it is located two nautical miles (4 km) southeast of the central business district of Georgetown. This airport is included in the National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems for 2011–2015, which categorized it as a general aviation facility.
Facilities and aircraft
Sussex County Airport covers an area of 615 acres (249 ha) at an elevation of 53 feet (16 m) above mean sea level. It has two runways with asphalt surfaces: 4/22 is 5,000 by 150 feet (1,524 x 46 m) and 10/28 is 3,109 by 75 feet (948 x 23 m).
For the 12-month period ending December 31, 2009, the airport had 26,000 aircraft operations, an average of 71 per day: 97.7% general aviation, 1.9% air taxi, and 0.4% military. At that time there were 62 aircraft based at this airport: 71% single-engine, 15% multi-engine, 10% helicopter, 3% jet, and 2% glider.
- FAA Airport Master Record for GED ( PDF). Federal Aviation Administration. Effective November 15, 2012.
- "IATA Airport Code Search (GED: Sussex County)". International Air Transport Association. Retrieved August 3, 2013.
- "2011–2015 NPIAS Report, Appendix A" (PDF, 2.03 MB). National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems. Federal Aviation Administration. October 4, 2010.
- Sussex County Airport, official site
- PDF at Delaware DOT website
- Aerial image as of March 1992 from USGS The National Map
- FAA Terminal Procedures for GED, effective June 26, 2014
- Resources for this airport: