Sussex Safer Roads Partnership
Sussex Safer Roads Partnership (SSRP) is a local government initiative in the area of the historic county of Sussex in England, aimed at increasing road safety and reducing road casualties across Sussex, through education, engineering and enforcement.
The Partnership is funded by a central government grant. The Partner bodies include:
- East Sussex
- West Sussex County Council
- Brighton and Hove City Council
- Sussex Police
- Highways Agency
- the Surrey and Sussex Courts Service
- East Sussex Fire & Rescue Service
- West Sussex Fire and Rescue Service
As of April 2010, SSRP is running Embrace Life, a campaign designed to stress the importance of wearing seat belts; and Operation Crackdown, to combat anti-social and dangerous driving.