Suti I (community development block)
সূতী I সমষ্টি উন্নয়ন ব্লক
|community development block|
|• Total||138.84 km2 (53.61 sq mi)|
|• Density||1,000/km2 (2,600/sq mi)|
|• Official||Bengali, English|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
|Lok Sabha constituency||Jangipur|
|Vidhan Sabha constituency||Suti, Jangipur, Raghunathganj|
Suti I (community development block) is an administrative division in Jangipur subdivision of Murshidabad district in the Indian state of West Bengal. Suti police station serves this block. Headquarters of this block is at Ahiran. There is one census towns in this block: Fatellapur.
Suti is located at
As per 2001 census, Suti I block has a total population of 139,419, out of which 70,554 were males and 68,865 were females. Suti I block registered a population growth of 25.03 per cent during the 1991-2001 decade. Decadal growth for the district was 23.70 per cent. Decadal growth in West Bengal was 17.84 per cent.
NH 34 passes through Suti I block.
- "Contact details of Block Development Officers". Murshidabad district. West Bengal Government. Retrieved 2011-02-20.
- "Provisional Population Totals, West Bengal , Table 4". Census of India 2001, Murshidabad district. Census Commissioner of India. Retrieved 2011-02-20.
- "BRGF Allotment Order No. 12". Government of West Bengal Department of Panchayats & Rural Development. Retrieved 2011-02-17.
- "Provisional Population Totals, West Bengal. Table 4". Census of India 2001. Census Commission of India. Retrieved 2011-01-20.
- "Groundwater Arsenic contamination in West Bengal-India (20 years study )". SOES. Retrieved 2011-02-17.