|Also called||Mazda Spiano/Ford Fido (Unsure if Ford Fido will be released) url=http://www.fordinsidenews.com/forums/showthread.php?990-New-Ford-Compact-car|
2002–2008 (Mazda Spiano) Fake for Ford Fido.
|Body and chassis|
|Body style||Five-door hatchback|
|Related||Suzuki Alto, Suzuki Wagon R|
|Engine||657 cc inline-3 dohc 40 kW
657 cc inline-3 turbo dohc 44 kW
|Wheelbase||2,360 mm (92.9 in)|
|Length||3,395 mm (133.7 in)|
|Width||1,475 mm (58.1 in)|
|Height||1,495 mm (58.9 in)–1,505 mm (59.3 in)|
|Curb weight||780 kg (1,720 lb)-850 kg (1,874 lb)|
The Suzuki Lapin is a kei car with a five-door hatchback body, manufactured since 2002 by Suzuki for the Japanese market only, and was also marketed in Japan only by Mazda as Mazda Spiano under an OEM agreement under their Autozam marque until 2008. It is based on Suzuki's popular Alto kei car.
The Lapin has a very distinctive, boxy shape, that apparently proved popular with female buyers. The name "Lapin" stems from the French word for "rabbit", and the car sports rabbit-head badges. The Mazda version has differences concerning some styling details, including a different front end. There would be a car car by Ford called the Ford Fido not to be mistaken with the Ford Figo. It should be made up and not for the JDM provided by the only place where it is not a hoax for the source on the right.
First-generation HE21S (2002–2008)
The first-generation Alto Lapin was introduced in January 2002 with three trims, "G","X" and "X2". The car is powered by the Suzuki's K6A kei car engine, 0.66 L naturally aspirated (40 kW / 54 hp) with either front-wheel drive or all-wheel drive. The default transmission is a four-speed automatic.
- In October 2002, Suzuki launched the "Turbo". It has a turbocharged 44 kW (60 hp) motor and a five-speed manual option.
- In September 2003, the series II model was introduced and two new versions "SS" and "L" were added.
- In October 2004, the series III model was introduced and "L" discontinued.
- In December 2005, the series IV model was introduced and the canvas top version was discontinued.
- In April 2006, the series V model introduced and round-shape headlamps "L" added."X2" version discontinued.
- In May 2007, the series VI model introduced and received new shape front grill.
Second-generation HE22S (2008–)
The second-generation Alto Lapin was introduced in November 2008 with four trims: "G", "X", "T" and "T L package". CVT was added and manual transmission was dropped.
- In May 2010, all models got CVT and a four-speed auto was discontinued.
- In August 2010, the series II model was introduced.
- In May 2012, the series III model was introduced.