Suzuki M engine
|This article does not cite any references or sources. (November 2011)|
|Suzuki M engine|
|Fuel system||Normally aspirated|
The Suzuki M engine family is a line of automobile engines from Suzuki. Ranging in displacement from 1.3 L to 1.8 L, it is a modern engine line with dual overhead cams, 16 valves, and multi-point fuel injection (MPFI).
The M13A displaces 1.3 L (1,328 cc); bore is 78.0 mm and stroke is 69.5 mm. It has a 9.5:1 compression ratio and two variants:
- with variable valve timing (VVT) valvetrain (as found in Suzuki Swift)
- without VVT (Suzuki Jimny, Suzuki Ignis).
Below is U.K. specification:
|Jimny||-||62.5 kW (83.8 hp) @6,000 rpm||110 N·m (81 lb·ft) @4,100 rpm|
|Swift||VVT||68 kW (91.2 hp) @5,800 rpm||116 N·m (86 lb·ft) @4,200 rpm|
The M13AA is an automotive engine manufactured by Suzuki Motor Corporation. The M13AA is a 1,328 cc inline 4 cylinder 16 valve VVT engine used in the Suzuki Jimny from 2005 - cars manufactured in Spain, but 2001 for Japanese manufactured cars.
The M15A displaces 1.5 L (1,490 cc); bore is 78.0 mm (3.1 in) and stroke is 78.0 mm (3.1 in). This engine has a variable valve timing valvetrain. With a 9.5:1 compression ratio, it produces 74.5 kW (99.9 hp) at 5,900 rpm and 133 N·m (98 lb·ft) at 4,100 rpm. (U.K. specification). The M15A used in the Suzuki Ignis(HT81S) has a higher compression ratio of 11.0:1, and produces 83 kW (113 PS; 111 hp) at 6400 rpm and 143 N·m (105 lb·ft) at 4100 rpm.
- 1.6L VVT (1,586 cc)
- bore x stroke: 78.0mm x 83.0mm
- compression ratio: 11.1:1
- Valve arrangement: DOHC-16V
- Maximum output: kW/rpm 75-79/5,600
- Maximum torque: Nm/rpm 165-175 (2WD SX4); 190 (4WD SX4)
- Fuel distribution: Multipoint injection
- power: kw(ps)/rpm 92(125)/6800 -2012 model: 100(136)/6900
- torque: nm/rpm 148/4800 -2012 model: 160/4400
- Suzuki SX4
- Suzuki SX4 S-Cross
- Suzuki Liana
- Suzuki Grand Vitara
- Suzuki Swift in Swift Sport version
- Fiat Sedici
The M16A type engine uses a chain cam instead of a cam belt.
The M18A displaces 1.8 L (1,796 cc); bore is 83.0 mm and stroke is 83.0 mm. This engine has a variable valve timing valvetrain. With a 9.6:1 compression ratio, it produces 92 kW (123 hp) at 5,500 rpm and 170 N·m (130 lb·ft) at 4,200 rpm.
- Suzuki Aerio (Aust. & N.Z.)